Former atheist Howard Storm asks about holocaust during his NDE?!

Do you believe that some NDE accounts fit with scripture?

• Yes, I believe that some NDE accounts are genuine meetings with the Messiah or angels.

• Maybe but perhaps some NDE accounts are of a meeting with Satan?!

• No, the near death experience accounts are mostly false and misleading.

• I don't know enough about this subject yet to express an opinion?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We know that God talks to us through dreams, as seen in the scriptures. As for NDE's i genuinely do not know. I wont judge one way or the other.

I also flip flopped back and forth for my first five years of studying these accounts.

Now I am of the belief that a distinction can be made between the true ones and
ones that are deceptive...... basically the key seems to be in two verses of scripture......

IF.... somebody has a genuine life review.....where they gain a surge of empathy for the
effect of their words......and actions on others..... then they have very likely met
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus in H-s glorified form.......... keeping H-s promises.

Heb 9:27

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/30006.htm

"[6] For my angel is with you: And I myself will demand an account of your souls."

I am now of the belief that the Life Review part of an NDE is the fulfillment of these verses.......

Jhn 5:22

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgmentunto the Son:"

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My perspective on the whole death topic is pretty simple. I believed what was taught at the time Messiah walked among Y'Israel. You die, go to the grave and are there until the ressurection.

Paul speaks of those saints who "have already fallen asleep." Clearly, if Paul believed that the soul goes to heaven he would have used language other than that which we see in scripture.

So what are these NDE's? Many are deception while some others are perhaps visions that G-d has given to those who are walking with G-d or those who He will use this experience to lead them to repentance.

The singular issue I have with them is that they suggest support for the idea that when you die "you go to heaven" I challenge any believer to show where scripture teaches that. Especially since Messiah taught directly against it....

Forty days of fasting will put somebody close to the point of death........

I have to admit that Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus when tempted by Satan......

could well have met Satan in the out of the body state......... which does
complicate the entire question.

If Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus while fasting........ and near death can meet Satan......
why would any of us be immune to something similar?

Mat 4:5

"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,"

Mat 4:8

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;"

It seems to me that this might have happened in a higher dimension of space - time..... in the spirit......
which might just mean......out of the body?!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are we freethinkers if we consider NDE's and OBE's to be real?

I believe so.....
I have watched several exceptional interviews with Howard Storm over these past few weeks.....

Howard Storm Interview - STUNNING AND LIFE CHANGING NDE 2001

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I chose the "No" option, despite its qualifications. I was hoping to run into a choice that just said, "No, that's hooky nonsense." ;) Couldn't find that in the options!

I am on part four of this video series.....
I strongly suspect that you might begin to wonder if this
ISN'T "hooky nonsense" if you listen to the sincerity in this
mans story......... and notice his astonishing transformation.

The Near Death Experience of Howard Storm: Parts I & II- The Chains We Forge in Life/Rescue

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
His story sounds off. From a Christian theological standpoint, most of those Jews would not be saved and would be going to Hell after the gas chambers, so why are Angels coming for them?

That is a question that many Christians will tend to ask
and a part of the answer is in this statement by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus.

John 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Because it was personal I do not discuss it. But it was an answer to a prayer a year before. It is possible for the experience to result in death or insanity. I will not teach it to others.

My dad passed on January 1, 1990....
I had been fasting on Yom Kippur since the late '70's.....
It was an unwise thing for me to do but I offered not long after Yom Kippur 1990 to
become a modern Yom Kippur goat for Azazel if...... HaShem / YHWH / The G-d of Abraham
had any use for another person somewhat like Barabbas / Bar Abbas.....
who didn't seem to be a volunteer but instead had been drafted into his role.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I had CA of the colon and went in for surgery, right after, I went into respiratory failure. I was on a vent for 2 months. I had no OBE or NDE, but at one point I woke up and was convinced that the people around me were trying to hurt me by injecting things into my lines. I fought against them, kicking for all I was worth. Finally someone got behind me and gave me something to calm me down. It was real, so very real, but it was induced by morphine. It is scary to think that a lie can appear so very real.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had CA of the colon and went in for surgery, right after, I went into respiratory failure. I was on a vent for 2 months. I had no OBE or NDE, but at one point I woke up and was convinced that the people around me were trying to hurt me by injecting things into my lines. I fought against them, kicking for all I was worth. Finally someone got behind me and gave me something to calm me down. It was real, so very real, but it was induced by morphine. It is scary to think that a lie can appear so very real.

Yes... only about twenty percent of people who have a brush with death
remember an out of body experience or reviewing their life with a being of light.

Dr. Maurice Rawlings found that a high percentage of his cardiac patients.... if he hypnotized them and took them back to the time of the flatlining..... they remembered a NDE that scared them and their brain suppressed the memory.

They may have experienced something like this:

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Under hypnosis you can be made to experience things you never actually did. And that has been proven. A friend thought she was being taken back to a memory, only problem was, under further investigation, it was proven it had never happened. The human brain is very complex. I have fibromyalgia, I experience the pain of very bad cramps, only thing is, when you feel the spot that hurts, there is no muscle contracting. What is happening is that the brain is short-circuiting, pain signals are being sent out. The brain can make things seem very real, that are not.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Under hypnosis you can be made to experience things you never actually did. And that has been proven. A friend thought she was being taken back to a memory, only problem was, under further investigation, it was proven it had never happened. The human brain is very complex. I have fibromyalgia, I experience the pain of very bad cramps, only thing is, when you feel the spot that hurts, there is no muscle contracting. What is happening is that the brain is short-circuiting, pain singles are being sent out. The brain can make things seem very real, that are not.

But Maurice Rawling's M. D., when he hypnotized his cardiac patients who had had surgery but did NOT report an out of body experience or NDE, when they were hypnotized and taken back to the time of the surgery, they reported experiencing something that really scared them and altered their lives afterwards.

Sometimes when regressed in time under hypnosis we can perhaps view something from non-linear time.......

Multiverse Theory and multiple Ezekiel 37 type events.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is an encouraging comment on this topic:

Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
October 11 at 3:24pm ·
My holy wife said something so absolutely brilliant I had to share. This week, I was privileged to connect with Christians who expressed guilt over the Holocaust and the "millennium of Christian oppression of Jews". My wife pointed out that this guilt has led to healing and love. She compared this to the white supremacy accusations and the claim that the Palestinians have been wronged. Those have led to anger, hatred, and violence, even justifying bloodshed. There is no aspect of healing or positive connection brought into that dialog. She noted that I get visibly happier when I connect with these Christians, but I get angry when I talk about BLM and how people who have no idea what I have done in my life have literally told me that I am guilty of enslaving and oppressing blacks. She is clearly correct. PC and now SJW have always put on a mask of virtue while at their core, they are a spiritual disease. Put simply, choose life.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Under hypnosis you can be made to experience things you never actually did. And that has been proven. A friend thought she was being taken back to a memory, only problem was, under further investigation, it was proven it had never happened. The human brain is very complex. I have fibromyalgia, I experience the pain of very bad cramps, only thing is, when you feel the spot that hurts, there is no muscle contracting. What is happening is that the brain is short-circuiting, pain signals are being sent out. The brain can make things seem very real, that are not.

Interesting.......
yes... the brain is complex that is for certain!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Now scientist steps into the arena with their explanation... Scientists Found That the Soul Doesn’t Die – It Goes Back to the Universe

This is all according to American physicist Dr. Stuart Hameroff and mathematical physicist Sir Roger Penrose, both of whom argue that the soul is maintained in micro-tubules of brain cells. The two scientists refer to this process as “Orchestrated Objective Reduction,” or “Orch-OR.” Allegedly, when human beings are “clinically dead,” microtubules in the brain lose their quantum state but are still able to retain the information inside of them.

Thank you for that update... i had heard about their research and had wondered what had became of it.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That reminds me of the NDE of Dr. Eben Alexander!

If you participate over on the Controversial Christian Theology forum you might like this discussion?

A near death experiencer describes hell???

Upvote 0