On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a formal debate between Lighthouse Hope and Packermann. No one else is allowed to post in the formal debate thread. All others interested in the debate discussion can post here.

The formal debate thread is here.

Debate terms:

Topic: The dogma of Papal infallibility.

Affirmative: Packermann

Negative: Lighthouse Hope

Rounds: 13 rounds for a total of 26 posts.

Format: Alternating posts beginning with the negative and ending with the affirmative.

Time limit between posts: 7 days.

Maximum length of each post: 1100 words

Sources: No restrictions but any copied text counts toward the post length total.

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
smiley-eatdrink029.gif

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
13 rounds of a 1100 words and you guys didn't want to read my debates and said they were to long! Ha!

However I think this debate will be interesting. It is my hope that Packerman will use the definitions in Pastor Aeternus from Vatican I and Lumen Gentium from Vatican II to explain and defend this teaching.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
13 rounds of a 1100 words and you guys didn't want to read my debates and said they were to long! Ha!

However I think this debate will be interesting. It is my hope that Packerman will use the definitions in Pastor Aeternus from Vatican I and Lumen Gentium from Vatican II to explain and defend this teaching.
no-one wants to read a 5000 word post.
This should be interesting, though i found packermans comment...
"So in reality the faithful Catholic believes more in the sovereignty of God than the hardest Calvinist."
Beyond laughable.

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2009
America
✟10,055.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
no-one wants to read a 5000 word post.
This should be interesting, though i found packermans comment...
"So in reality the faithful Catholic believes more in the sovereignty of God than the hardest Calvinist."
Beyond laughable.

LOL! Indeed. That quote made my evening. lol

Upvote 0

heweeps

Apr 14, 2011
✟15,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am disappointed the debate has not resumed. I learned a couple of things from Packermann.

I do wish though that if they resume this debate that they quit calling the Roman Catholic Church the Catholic Church. There is a difference.

The fact that Roman Catholics believe the stuff Packermann was saying makes the utter hypocrisy of the Vatican even worse.

keith

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am disappointed the debate has not resumed. I learned a couple of things from Packermann.

I do wish though that if they resume this debate that they quit calling the Roman Catholic Church the Catholic Church. There is a difference.

The fact that Roman Catholics believe the stuff Packermann was saying makes the utter hypocrisy of the Vatican even worse.

keith
Ahhh......and here I thought I was king of the "thread necromancers" :D :blush:

Matthew 23:15 Woe to ye Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
That ye are going about the sea and the dry to make one proselyte, and whenever he may be becoming, ye are making him a son of geennhV twofold-more of ye-selves
38 Lo! left to ye desolate the House of ye!

Reve 19:3 And a second-time they have declared "allelouia and the smoke of Her is ascending into the ages of the ages".

forumnecromancy.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I doubt we will see the reepoening of this thread as it appears that lighthouse_hope became Catholic...

Hmmm...how come :confused:

Young) Matthew 5:15 nor do they light a lamp, and put it under the measure, but on the lamp-stand, and it shineth to all those in the house;

Lighthouse_Funny_Church_Signs-s500x375-10417-580.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catholic_NE

Jun 11, 2008
New England
✟15,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I doubt we will see the reepoening of this thread as it appears that lighthouse_hope became Catholic...

Glad you said that. I was just reading this debate for the first time, and wondered why both parties' profile say "Catholic". (heweeps pointed out that they kept "calling the Roman Catholic Church the Catholic Church". Perhaps that was a foreshadowing.)

Does anyone happen to know what affliliation Lighthouse Hope was when the debate started?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.