✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just as an FYI:

I took the guy up on his invitation and I have studied apologetics, creationism and debated the subject for years. Frankly, I don't see any indication that this guy is well prepared but he claims to have thousands of hours of Bible study under his belt. After debating creationism for over a year I don't think he is going to have a lot of supprises for me.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
mark kennedy said:
Just as an FYI:

I took the guy up on his invitation and I have studied apologetics, creationism and debated the subject for years. Frankly, I don't see any indication that this guy is well prepared but he claims to have thousands of hours of Bible study under his belt. After debating creationism for over a year I don't think he is going to have a lot of supprises for me.

Grace and peace,
Mark

I would wish you luck however you don't need it because you have God on your side. You don't need good luck when you have God. :) May the Lord bless you and guide you.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Victorian Rose said:
I would wish you luck however you don't need it because you have God on your side. You don't need good luck when you have God. :) May the Lord bless you and guide you.

I apperciate your kind words of support and like you, I feel God is the defender of His Word not luck. My biggest concern is that this guy was a professing christian for 20 years and then for whatever reason he is now challanging Christians to a debate. There could be a lot of reasons we know nothing about, I do have one suggestion though. Every now and then when you are praying remember this guy might just be a backsliden believer who is looking for the truth in all the wrong places.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
catlover said:
Debate is not my finer points, one of you folks, take him up on it!!!Please.

I don't think debate is one of his finer points either, we can't even get through the invitation thread. He has no concept of forum rules or even a specific topic of debate. I really don't know what he hopes to accomplish but I doubt very seriously he can stand up to Christian Apologetics or has a clue what is.

I'll be glad to debate this guy if he will follow the rules of the forum and agree to an actual topic.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've made a post in that thread, not to debate but to give an answer to a question asked. Why is he aiming at fundie's only, and why aren't the Reformed members answering the call? I've yet to see a debate where a member of the Reformed Church lost to a non believer.

preacher :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
e=mv^2 said:
Ok.. so maybe it was not really preperation but more of a seething bitterness that I should have given the warning about. This guy gets nasty fast.

Yea, he went right into his rant on genocide and didn't want to accept the forum rules. I love a good debate but this guy was just all over the road. I wanted to try to reach out to him because it seems the way the Canaan was conquered gave him some real problems. Still, there has to be rules in a formal debate and if he does not abide by them its a big waste of time.

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Street Preacher said:
I've made a post in that thread, not to debate but to give an answer to a question asked. Why is he aiming at fundie's only, and why aren't the Reformed members answering the call? I've yet to see a debate where a member of the Reformed Church lost to a non believer.

preacher :hug:

Do they even know about it.

I've been hanging out there a bit - hadn't noticed this section for one thing - but I haven't seen anythign about this debate....

Upvote 0