Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
greenjeans said:
I know we are suppose to forgive others when they have hurt us? but how
in person, write a letter ? and what do we do if they have died? or there was a crime against your person.:confused: I welcome all suggestions thankyou.

IMO you can forgive in any way you like, whether it be by letter, in person, in thought or in prayer. The main point of forgiving them is to accept that you have forgiven them, then you can move on and deal with the situation without the stress and emotion of being angry at them hanging over you.

If they have died, you can pray and tell God that you have forgiven them, you can write a letter to them and burn it, you can even just sit down with a cup of coffee and say aloud or to yourself that you forgive them.

It's hard to forgive sometimes but it's the first step to reconciliation, no matter if they are alive, or if they keep in contact, or if they are dead.

Upvote 0

teffie

Sep 25, 2005
SYDNAY!!
✟16,813.00
Faith
Christian
you forgive someone in your heart. A hurt....will continue haunting someone until you accept it. acceptance is the first step to recovery/forgivness. :) accept what has happened, let go any anger or : but she/he did this or that/ its their fault....all that bitter resentment...no "what if's" or "but"'s.

just accept what happened, accept they are human, and make mistakes...think wwjd? i mean...you know you have made griveous mistakes and sins against god right?? the key i used in forgiving some past hurts so great they drove me...to extreme pain...was thinking about how god had so lovingly and willingly forgiven me from such mistakes i had made against him, and i thought: what if he didnt?
therefor, i forgave this person of their mistakes to me. its always 2 ways anyway.
god bless, hope ivw helped abit:)
xoxo, steph

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Well love, luckily you are a Christian, so firstly forgive them by saying the prayer I'll put in a minute, if someones hurt you, you will also feel angry with them. If they have died commited an offence against you the same applies, if after the prayer you still feel you havn't forgiven them and they are alive, then with Gods strength go round and see them, talk to them and make up this is the Godly way.

Lord I know I am finding it difficult to forgive ............ and you know too Lord, but I ask that you will help me forgive, give me peace father and take away any anger I feel also. Amen

Even if theyve died do exactly the same but trust that God will help you deal with this.

God Bless you Friend

Im-revived
greenjeans said:
I know we are suppose to forgive others when they have hurt us? but how
in person, write a letter ? and what do we do if they have died? or there was a crime against your person.:confused: I welcome all suggestions thankyou.

Upvote 0

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
say "Father forgive them" as you pray. How do you pray?

Matthew 6:6-15
(6) But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
(7) But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
(8) Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
(9) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
(10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
(11) Give us this day our daily bread.
(12) And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
(13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
(14) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
(15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

how do we ask someone to repent?

Matthew 18:14-18
(14) Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
(15) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
(16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
(17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican.
(18) Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Upvote 0

bethdinsmore

Veteran
Jun 21, 2005
Hawaii
Visit site
✟17,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As another person has said here, asking God to make our forgiveness real and complete is very important.

In attending many Christian recovery groups, I have seen that the following process makes it easier to forgive others:

1. We realize that we must rely on God for a victorious life.
2. We choose to see ourselves through His eyes. This means with no self-condemnation but with forgiveness, while taking our sins seriously. This also means learning to value ourselves more (because He does), and to be more understanding of our pasts and our unwise decisions leading to sin.
3. That in turn leads us to be more understanding and loving of others.
4. That gives us a willing heart to let go and let God make us more forgiving.
5. Then we need to see how God forgives. And the example of Christ is a great one:

1 Pet 2:21-24
21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
22 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."
23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
(NIV)

Love and justice: God has given us an example of His forgiving love. And He will see that everything works out justly in His timing.

Aloha in Jesus, friend

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.