Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, much easier said than done! I also struggle with Mathew 7:1-5. Only through prayer and the help of the Holy Spirit can we begin to be Christ like.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think among the worst of this is finding it in ourselves to truly forgive ourselves !! Jesus does it freely, all we have to do is ask. Yep I can struggle with that one, I find it easier to forgive someone else than myself.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, much easier said than done! I also struggle with Mathew 7:1-5. Only through prayer and the help of the Holy Spirit can we begin to be Christ like.

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Ever notice that you can be judgemental of someone over things you have done yourself in the past ? That's what it is saying above and yes, I can do that. I have to be so careful. But now you know the wrong in that thing and we could be such a warning to them. Are we always judging or just being the warning signal ? it's easy for me to cross over from the warning sign to condemnation . How pathetic is that. See, now there I go not forgiving myself right here in the forum !!

I was in another thread saying we can not be perfect but in Christ. We are sinners indeed, saved or not.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Having trouble with this lately.

Forgive me...
Forgiving others is at first an intellectual forgiveness, we forgive others because of our obedience to the Lord.

But the circumstance surrounding the forgiveness will be brought back to our memory by the Holy Spirit, until HE has worked that intellectual forgiveness into our heart.......Where that true forgiveness works to our benefit.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Forgive me...
"I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me" (2 Corinthians 12:9)

:hug:

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Forgive me...

The Lord's Prayer is usually prayed in a group setting, but I think it is more meaningful when it is prayed privately because it emphasizes that the way that Jesus was teaching us how to pray was to intercede on behalf of the sins of others. We have many examples of intercessory prayer in Scripture, such as in Daniel 9, where he was confessing everything that we have done, all the way down to Jesus praying on the cross to forgive the sins of others for they know not what they do, and that is ultimately why we are able to forgive others. If they knew who they were, what God made them to do, and that we all have the value of the blood of Christ, then they would never have hurt us, so our heart must break and intercede for them. I recommend this video about becoming love:

• Agree
Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord's Prayer is usually prayed in a group setting, but I think it is more meaningful when it is prayed privately because it emphasizes that the way that Jesus was teaching us how to pray was to intercede on behalf of the sins of others. We have many examples of intercessory prayer in Scripture, such as in Daniel 9, where he was confessing everything that we have done, all the way down to Jesus praying on the cross to forgive the sins of others for they know not what they do, and that is ultimately why we are able to forgive others. If they knew who they were, what God made them to do, and that we all have the value of the blood of Christ, then they would never have hurt us, so our heart must break and intercede for them. I recommend this video about becoming love:

When we pray the Lords prayer together, we are being taught to pray. By the time we are alone in prayer this should be a well understood and heart felt prayer.

The Lords prayer is used at the beginning and end of every service.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
after experiencing violence for the first time in my life I realized that most people are not my enemies.
Dare I ask about your experience?

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dare I ask about your experience?

Forgive me...

two guys tried to rob me (I had nothing of worth on me) and beat me up. not much to say about it really. it sucks how people are like when they have no hope in God.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
two guys tried to rob me (I had nothing of worth on me) and beat me up. not much to say about it really. it sucks how people are like when they have no hope in God.

Lord have mercy.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When we pray the Lords prayer together, we are being taught to pray. By the time we are alone in prayer this should be a well understood and heart felt prayer.

The Lords prayer is used at the beginning and end of every service.

Forgive me...

When the Lord's prayer is said as a group, it can be misunderstood as each person in the group asking God to forgive the sins that they personally have committed, so if they were to pray it privately, then they would ask "Forgive my sins as I forgive those who sin against me". However, if they were keep it in the plural form when they were praying privately as "Forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us", then it would reveal that Jesus was not teaching a formulaic prayer, but was teaching that the way how his disciples should pray is in a way where they interceded on the behalf of others by also praying for God to forgive their sins.

• Agree
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Have you prayed for the people who beat you up, that God would forgive their sins, for they know not what they are doing?

Upvote 0