Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Anyone remember me? I was KjellBjarne for a long time. I was active about twelve years ago and after that fell off the radar. I got into some rather nasty things religiously -- too scandalous to post here. But I am now on the path to being tonsured a monk, and I can use all the prayers I can get. I see a few names I remember too from back in the day. I hope I am still welcome here. I have said rather uncharitable things at times over the years.

Forgive me,
Seraphim

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glor
Anyone remember me? I was KjellBjarne for a long time. I was active about twelve years ago and after that fell off the radar. I got into some rather nasty things religiously -- too scandalous to post here. But I am now on the path to being tonsured a monk, and I can use all the prayers I can get. I see a few names I remember too from back in the day. I hope I am still welcome here. I have said rather uncharitable things at times over the years.

Forgive me,
Seraphim
Glory to God! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: SeraphimSarov
Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
At which monastery are you pursuing monasticism?

That's yet to be determined. My priest is having me do a number of things in my day-to-day life to see if monasticism is really what I want. I don't know what comes next. I have not changed my mind.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's yet to be determined. My priest is having me do a number of things in my day-to-day life to see if monasticism is really what I want. I don't know what comes next. I have not changed my mind.

not that I am biased or anything...but you should give St Tikhon's a look.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve got to suggest the Skete of St Maximos in Palmyra, VA. Small and very unique, but nice.

But of course, defer to your priest

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, I have no idea how one goes about selecting a monastery. My priest actually said he was looking for a monastic to do the daily cycle of services at the parish, so maybe I won't be going to a monastery at all? I just don't know. I figure my priest isn't going into detail about what comes next because he doesn't want me making plans if monasticism turns out not to be my calling. (Which seems unlikely at this point... I am committed.)

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I’ve got to suggest the Skete of St Maximos in Palmyra, VA. Small and very unique, but nice.

But of course, defer to your priest
Interesting. I want to take the name of St. Maximos the Hut-burner. (Where is Michael? I have a print of the icon he made...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting. I want to take the name of St. Maximos the Hut-burner. (Where is Michael? I have a print of the icon he made...)
The patron there is St Maximos the Confessor. St Maximos the Hutburner is the founder of Kavsokalivia on Mt Athos, right?

I’m not sure who Michael is, but there is an icon studio at this Skete

Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
The patron there is St Maximos the Confessor. St Maximos the Hutburner is the founder of Kavsokalivia on Mt Athos, right?

Actually not sure about that. I'm not the most knowledgeable person out there. I just know the Saint's story.

I’m not sure who Michael is, but there is an icon studio at this Skete

Is he still here? MichaelTheIconographer. He was one of our resident iconographers in TAW back in the day.

Upvote 0