Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture says;

Philippians 3:13 (NASB)
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of [it] yet; but one thing [I do:] forgetting what [lies] behind and reaching forward to what [lies] ahead,

Scripture tells us to;

“forget about what lies behind”

This done, frees the heart from that which would want to hold it back. This is where the fight of faith is to be exercised. Though the doubts and fears would try to tell one that God has changed His mind about them, and won’t forgive. This is about as far from the truth as anything can get. The very moment the heart turns back to God. It is at that moment the forgiveness is granted. But human reasonings says different. The world the flesh and the devil says different. It is these things that scripture tells us to turn from, in this “forgetting those things”. All those things that would take one’s eyes off of Christ is included in the “forgetting those things”once the heart has returned to God. It is here the faith of the heart is being tried and brought to blossom. For our relationship/fellowship with God is by faith. In the goodness of God can our faith most assuredly rest.

Than after the heart has turned to God and rests in His goodness. Scripture instructs us to do something else. It instructs us to;

“reaching forward to what lies ahead”

It calls us to “reach forward to what lies ahead”

For very much lies ahead.

Things, as scripture says,

“that are great and wonderful that we know not”.

It is to these things we have now been called to reach forward to.

We read in scripture;

Philippians 2:21 (NASB)
For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus.

Paul and Timothy are writing to the believers here. This in no way is to infer that those that are seeking “their own interests” are not Christians or saved. Paul/Timothy are saying that their usefulness in the things pertaining to Christ is being limited by their own choices. Bringing forth the truth that is; where the eyes of the heart are focused, it is that that rules the life.

This is deeper still. For this is a spiritual principle that goes to the heart of our salvation. If our eyes are on self or us, or what our interests might be in this or that set of circumstances. Our eyes are not on what is righteousness in this or that set of circumstances, but on what we want, think, would have. For the three words that stifle spiritual growth are “but I want”. It is elevating what we want or think or would have in anything, it is putting our wishes and desires before Christ interests. This again is solved by the scripture truth of our deaths in Christ. For if we reckoned ourselfs dead to and in all circumstances. We and what we would have would be of no value or bother. Only that which is righteousness in that set of circumstances would be the issue. Which in turn is God’s will in all things, which is righteousness to all from all, in all things. Knowing this truth; that all unrighteousness is a elevation of self.

For righteousness being manifested in this world, is that thing that will draw all men to Christ.

Blessings to those that would be willing to be dead in Christ to all the things of this world, so that Christ maybe lifted up. So that all men might see Him written in our hearts. For our fellowship is with the Father and the Son, may this be a living reality in our lives.

Much love in Christ, Not me

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In lieu of repeating every line in this post that has confirmed, blessed or fed me, I will share about BADLY hurting my knee Saturday, and going to church Sunday in spite of the excruciating pain, but able to seek Him throughout the day, by His grace.

As I limped along, I thought about how Paul suffered but still had the joy of the Lord in spades. Or how Jesus endured the cross for the joy that was set before Him. I discovered in this instance of great pain, He made it easy to forget everything behind me that I had been endeavoring to do.

A few days prior to hearing...trust Me with your life, I responded to Him with great joy, not realizing until yesterday that He has a way of supplying all my needs, and I wound up truly thanking Him for this that I needed to go through because my heart still wanted what it wanted, although to a lesser degree.

Then in the very wee hours of the morning today...Go forward.

The bud (faith) is the substance, inside, but it is going to show what has been going on inside...because it will have the evidence of the full bloom, the manifestation of Christ in you, the hope of Glory!”
"The faith that will dive deep into their deaths in Christ, is the faith that will be most fed and grow."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In lieu of repeating every line in this post that has confirmed, blessed or fed me, I will share about BADLY hurting my knee Saturday, and going to church Sunday in spite of the excruciating pain, but able to seek Him throughout the day, by His grace.

As I limped along, I thought about how Paul suffered but still had the joy of the Lord in spades. Or how Jesus endured the cross for the joy that was set before Him. I discovered in this instance of great pain, He made it easy to forget everything behind me that I had been endeavoring to do.

A few days prior to hearing...trust Me with your life, I responded to Him with great joy, not realizing until yesterday that He has a way of supplying all my needs, and I wound up truly thanking Him for this that I needed to go through because my heart still wanted what it wanted, although to a lesser degree.

Then in the very wee hours of the morning today...Go forward.

The bud (faith) is the substance, inside, but it is going to show what has been going on inside...because it will have the evidence of the full bloom, the manifestation of Christ in you, the hope of Glory!”
"The faith that will dive deep into their deaths in Christ, is the faith that will be most fed and grow."

Sorry to hear about your knee. As you know, God does work all things together, but pain is still pain. Praying for a quick healing.

Those who’s hearts are after God can certainly rest in His promise to perfect that which concerns them. Knowing that He does all things well. I have found joy and comfort in the scripture that says “He teaches you with His eye on you”. Meaning that it’s a personal one and one teaching, like a private tutor just made for the individual believer.

So blessing to you as you rest in Him and search for Him with all your heart. Knowing the fruit/blossom is guaranteed if we just keep abiding.

Your friend and fellow searcher and abider,

Upvote 0

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Update:

I failed to mention in my post that by wrenching my knee, it did something to my hip too, so it was a double whammy. I hardly said a word yesterday at church, I was such a wreck, but by His grace, I kept seeking His Face.

Last night, at my weakest because of pain and no sleep, I offered up a sacrifice of praise unto Him; a sacrifice because I certainly didn’t feel like it, but I’m beginning to see what a Good God He is and trust His love for me!

The reason for this post is to thank you for your praying for quick healing. I’m healed. :)

And to thank you for every word in your last post that I so witnessed to and that fed my spirit.

He has said that He has given us Faith and Power in Him, so let’s stay in Him! Amen?

He has shown me that a friend that points only to Christ is better by far than any and all other...combined.

His Love overcomes \o/

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update:

I failed to mention in my post that by wrenching my knee, it did something to my hip too, so it was a double whammy. I hardly said a word yesterday at church, I was such a wreck, but by His grace, I kept seeking His Face.

Last night, at my weakest because of pain and no sleep, I offered up a sacrifice of praise unto Him; a sacrifice because I certainly didn’t feel like it, but I’m beginning to see what a Good God He is and trust His love for me!

The reason for this post is to thank you for your praying for quick healing. I’m healed. :)

And to thank you for every word in your last post that I so witnessed to and that fed my spirit.

He has said that He has given us Faith and Power in Him, so let’s stay in Him! Amen?

He has shown me that a friend that points only to Christ is better by far than any and all other...combined.

His Love overcomes \o/

Thanks for having such a heart. It is and will be your eternal reward. This world is passing away and everything in it. Only what is brought to birth by and in the New Creation, will be that which can stand before God. For nothing matters but the New Creation.

Blessings,

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I need Gods grace daily, like food. We cant condemn ourselves when we fall, we must walk by faith not sight. We must not concentrate on the fall but instead see our end goal, see ourselves new without spot or blemish. Sure we will fall at times but we cant lose heart, we must march forward like a soldier into battle, having confidence in our commanders ability to lead us into victory. This is what my heart tells me. Choose joy and choose life. Cling to it, cling to the Lord and never let go.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need Gods grace daily, like food. We cant condemn ourselves when we fall, we must walk by faith not sight. We must not concentrate on the fall but instead see our end goal, see ourselves new without spot or blemish. Sure we will fall at times but we cant lose heart, we must march forward like a soldier into battle, having confidence in our commanders ability to lead us into victory. This is what my heart tells me. Choose joy and choose life. Cling to it, cling to the Lord and never let go.

“This is what my heart tells me”.

This is where your/our personal relationship with Christ is it. (As I’m sure you know.) It is this relationship, that I agree whole heartedly with, will. If this relationship is kept fed, and kept on the front burner, it will in time teach and cause all growth in the believer life that he could want or dream about. As scripture says “great and awesome things we know not”.

Blessings, as we press into Him that these things might be discovered by us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“This is what my heart tells me”.

This is where your/our personal relationship with Christ is it. (As I’m sure you know.) It is this relationship, that I agree whole heartedly with, will. If this relationship is kept fed, and kept on the front burner, it will in time teach and cause all growth in the believer life that he could want or dream about. As scripture says “great and awesome things we know not”.

Blessings, as we press into Him that these things might be discovered by us.

Amen.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums