Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

I think the bottom line here is -if- one does not understand American Election Laws, one should not be a candidate for election. They are there for a reason and it really doesn't matter whether one 'believes' they are right or wrong, they have to be followed.

Far too often people on forums and around the nation, seem to assume that there really aren't laws which pertain only to election campaigns and think that they or their favorite candidate can use any advantage to win the election. 'Taint so.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I have some issues with WikiLeaks and no longer trust them to be wholly objective, mainly stemming from this staff AMA. Specifically concerning are their statements that they publish information "according to [their] promise to [their] sources for maximum impact" and only publish data that "adheres to [their] editorial strategy."

To back that up, Assange claimed to have information on the Trump campaign, but said it wasn't interesting, so he wasn't going to publish it. You can't say that you'll release everything uncensored, then not release stuff just because you claim it isn't interesting.

But that isn't up to us. I agree that I wouldn't use Wikileaks -- but if a foreign country wanted to use them, that is their prerogative. I do agree, both based on the fact that Wikileaks states they will selectively publish, as well as the fact that Wikileaks published the information in a form where "digital fingerprints" were left, so you could tell who gave them the information, that there are likely better choices for a foreign government to use.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So, assuming for the sake of argument than Mueller's contention that it was Russian intelligence that hacked the DNC's servers to obtain those embarrassing internal emails exposing how the DNC rigged the primary in favor of Hillary Clinton, was WikiLeaks an appropriate forum for the Russians to release those emails?

Why all the hysteria over the matter then?

41940EE7-4B2F-4DC6-BDAC-2D1CBAECBD55.png

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When the FEC starts its investigation into the activities of AIPAC and the ADL, maybe I'll take that statement seriously.

Ummm....that “statement” makes reference to a law...it’s indicated down there in the footnote. Do you also fail to take that law seriously as well...?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And SOTK, because you seem to take issue with the ‘messenger’, here’s the law itself as written in the US Code...

(a)Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—

(1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B)
a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C)
an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2)
a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Satisfied...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And SOTK, because you seem to take issue with the ‘messenger’, here’s the law itself as written in the US Code...

(a)Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—

(1)a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

(A)
a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B)
a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C)
an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

(2)
a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Satisfied...?

All of that means that the relationship with Steele was fine because he was being paid as a contractor for his work. He wasn’t donating his services.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Only in the sense that they operate in the United States, not as far as the interests they serve...

If you believe that, then I guess you want John Hagee investigated as well.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hillary Clinton has endorsed the idea of obtaining political dirt from overseas, saying her campaign’s Kremlin-sourced dossier was “part of what happens in a campaign

Hillary Clinton, like Donald Trump, endorsed idea of political dirt from overseas

I'd like to say I was shocked that the Washington Times posted an editorial as a "news" story, but Sean Hannity is supposed to be a "journalist" according to some, so...

Let's take an honest, sober look at this.
- Is there any evidence that the Steele dossier was "Kremlin-sourced"? I'd like to see the document trail supporting it. Remember, according to the person who posted this link, unnamed sources are not to be trusted and are immediately to be declared fake news.
- Trump was asked about a foreign GOVERNMENT offering information. Christopher Steele is not a government nor government employee.
- Clinton campaign > Fusion GPS > Christopher Steele ≠ Russia > Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics