Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't prove anything but one of them has given a sworn testimony while the other is an ex who for all we know could have an axe to grind against her.
If an ex of Kavanaugh's said he was lying that is exacting what would be said, 'axe to grind'.

Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
It certainly bears fruit that the ex identifies "Monica Mclean", verified as both Christine Blasey's life-long friend (having signed onto the letter sent to the Committee from Christine's high school graduating class of female friends) and a 24-year employee of the Justice Department and FBI. It's at least logical that Christine would have wanted to help her friend Monica with her area of expertise. She's also the friend Dr. Ford was visiting in Rehoboth, Delaware where she testified she wrote the letter sent to Sen. Feinstein's office. Ms. Mclean had retired from the FBI by then (she left upon Pres. Trump's election to the presidency), but by then Ms. Mclean also had a particular skill-set to be in a position to aid or even orchestrate Dr. Ford. Ms. McLean would also have a network of DOJ and FBI resources to assist in the endeavor. I won't yet go where some conservatives are going with all this, but it sure looks like there'll be further investigation long after Judge Kavanaugh is confirmed.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because "falsely accused people" is not a socity
Because rape happens again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and false accusation and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

False accusation is not a get out of rape free card.
you think that there are absolutely ZERO false accusations EVER?

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I did mention somewhere (forgot if it's in this thread...everything is overlapping) that I believe most accused rapists are guilty...I'm only talking about this one case and only this one case...prior to this I never cared to give this issue another thought because this rape vs. false accusation thing never crossed my mind...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Something is bothering me. Why do some people act like bringing up the subject of falsely accused people mean that we don't believe rape allegations? I believe most rape allegations are true, but is it such an anathema to suggest that someone may not be guilty of a crime?

Because "not guilty of a crime" means "unable to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

"False allegations" means "she's lying."

See the difference?

I know - - if it were our daughters, I understand if you would assume that whoever raped your daughter is guilty - - and I wouldn't even begrudge you for that. I'm just talking about this issue in the strictest general sense.

When it's an acquaintance, it's so often a case of "he said, she said," and of course there's always the possibility of there being genuine misunderstanding or misinterpreting of actions, circumstances, body language, etc... "We were both a little drunk," "I thought she was into it," "She never said 'no," etc...

I have sympathy for any man in those situations which are not entirely black and white... I've been there, and learned some valuable lessons because of it. But in the context of Kavanaugh's defense, nobody is claiming that -- they are claiming flat out that not only is she deliberately lying, but that she is either being manipulated by the opposing political party or a willing participant in a coordinated attempt to ruin Kavanaugh's reputation... in whole or in part as retribution against Donald.

That's a far cry from, "it didn't happen the way she said it did."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I did mention somewhere (forgot if it's in this thread...everything is overlapping) that I believe most accused rapists are guilty...I'm only talking about this one case and only this one case...prior to this I never cared to give this issue another thought because this rape vs. false accusation thing never crossed my mind...
The selective disbelieving in this one case seems biased based.

Upvote 0

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
As no real surprise, Monica Mclean is now countering the ex-boyfriend's claim:
“I have NEVER had Christine Blasey Ford, or anybody else, prepare me, or provide any other type of assistance whatsoever in connection with any polygraph exam I have taken at anytime.”

Upvote 0

Dan the deacon

Jul 10, 2018
Perry
✟28,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes her ex-boyfriend a trustworthy source in this?
What makes her trustworthy? She definayely lied about fear of flying as she flies often. She lied about her witnesses as they all said they were not at this forgotten house. She lied about knowing anything about lie detection devises as she taught a woman how to.pass a test on one. She lied about not hearing she was offered a home interview as even I knew about that. When one lies under oath why would you believe anything they day? If someone tried to rape me I think I could remember how I got home afterward.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Christine Blasey Ford's ex-boyfriend casts doubt on claims she made under oath

A man who dated Christine Blasey Ford for six years countered a number of statements she made in sworn testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Ford’s longtime boyfriend said she never spoke of sexual assault experiences, coached a friend on taking a polygraph, and often flew without expressing any fear.

She also said in her sworn testimony that she never gave any tips or advice to anyone on taking a polygraph examination. Ford took a polygraph test before testifying, the results of which claim her answers were “not indicative of deception.”

There's already a few threads about this. He didn't cast doubt except to folks who already were committed to doubting her.

If she significantly helped someone in the 90s with a polygraph then the boyfriend should provide the name of that person so the FBI can talk about it.

As for the fear of flying or sexual assault not having been revealed, so what. A lot of folks who've been traumatized sexually don't talk about it to anybody for decades. We don't know if she had a fear of flying back in the 90s or not. Both of my parents work for Delta & have met plenty of folks who never had any fear of flying until a terrible experience. An older fellow at my church had never been afraid of flying in the least but has refused to get on a plane since 9/11. He took Amtrak for a long trip instead.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except for Kavanaugh, of course -- He is incorruptibly honest, right?

I'm curious as to why that makes a difference considering the voters have elected many presidents who are much worse? (And most of them served 2 terms).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well for one thing, she has a name and face and a sworn testimony.

None of which renders her trustworthy. If she had any evidence, you might have a valid point. But she has no evidence, none, therefore trust is in the eye of the beholder.

What do you have for "ex-boyfriend"?

As much evidence as Ford has presented.

Upvote 0