Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We pay taxes for many things we're unlikely to need, but others do. It's what living in a society is about.

So it is with health insurance. People pay into the pool so that EVERYONE can have access to health care.

Jim
Why? I also support very low taxes by the way literally about the ONLY thing I feel should be funded by taxes are prisons and other defense based things police military those type things otherwise private rules yes including schools. I have gone to both public and private by the way.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We pay taxes for many things we're unlikely to need, but others do. It's what living in a society is about.

So it is with health insurance. People pay into the pool so that EVERYONE can have access to health care.

Jim
Health INSURANCE should work the same as any OTHER insurance? Why Jim do you suppose that say you and I both applied for life insurance why do you think that IF you could get coverage at all mine would be cheaper? My father has a great driving record at 52 my cousin B is 21 and has had various accidents his most recent could have proven fatal, but that is beside the point I am making. Why do you think many insurance companies refuse coverage to him and those that WILL cover him the rates are High WHY because He is a bigger risk. Why are you more likely to have more problems with life insurance than I am? Well, you are FORTY years my senior and just being frank a cancer record does not help.

Thus health insurance the company should have the right to either raise rates OR deny coverage should you be a bigger risk.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Nullification is illegal. A state cannot override an act of congress.

Courts at the state and federal level have generally rejected the constitutionality of nullification, including the Supreme Court.[2] The courts have decided that under the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution, federal law is superior to state law, and that under Article III of the Constitution, the federal judiciary has the final power to interpret the Constitution. Therefore, according to the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Supremacy Clause, the power to make final decisions about the constitutionality of federal laws lies with the federal courts, not the states, and the states do not have the power to nullify federal laws.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_(U.S._Constitution)

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're an adult, can't you just say "no"?
I might actually once I pay off the extra they paid me. I REALLY want to get off if you want to know just how badly PM me.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nullification is illegal. A state cannot override an act of congress.

Nullification (U.S. Constitution) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not according to constitutional expert, Judge Andrew Napolitano.

BTW who do you think GAVE any powers at all to the federal government? The states retain the power according to the U.S. Constitution. The federal government was only given about 18 duties according to the Constitution and mandating health care and/or health insurance is not one of the duties. The ONLY reason Obamacare is constitutional is as a TAX.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
AMDG said:
Not according to constitutional expert, Judge Andrew Napolitano.

BTW who do you think GAVE any powers at all to the federal government? The states retain the power according to the U.S. Constitution. The federal government was only given about 18 duties according to the Constitution and mandating health care and/or health insurance is not one of the duties. The ONLY reason Obamacare is constitutional is as a TAX.

Lol. A former district judge's opinion doesn't mean squat compared to a century and a half of supreme court decisions.

That same Constitution also has a little something called the Supremacy Clause. Federal law trumps state law.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Never did answer my question. Who gave the federal government the 18 duties that are listed in the U.S. Constitution? Wasn't it given by the SOVEREIGN states? Here's another question. Does the U.S. Constitution indicate that the states RETAIN there rights in all other areas except those 18 listed duties?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
dogs4thewin,

Life is important and of value. We need to treat those that are ill even if they can't pay because they are made in the image of the divine.
but at what point DO we stop treating them because there HAS to be some point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
AMDG said:
Never did answer my question. Who gave the federal government the 18 duties that are listed in the U.S. Constitution? Wasn't it given by the SOVEREIGN states? Here's another question. Does the U.S. Constitution indicate that the states RETAIN there rights in all other areas except those 18 listed duties?

Red herring.

The states cannot nullify a federal law. They can try to repeal the law, or fight it in the courts. But if they lose those battles, they must follow the law, whether they like it or not.

Did you know some states tried to nullify school integration? Didn't work because the President sent in national guard troops to enforce the law. He could do that again, if states continue to break the law.

Upvote 0

sonshine234

Nov 10, 2012
✟2,002.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No it won't.

The only thing that will ruin the country is the unwillingness by some to work to see such programs from succeeding, for nothing other than political reasons.

Having access to health care for every citizen, is a moral obligation for Christians which the Bishops call for.

Jim
Well I disagree, it is not a right. America will die. Oidiot care needs to go

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
From what I've read, it's like doing a LONG complicated math problem in college. (And I wasn't good at math.)

You have to figure out the tax credits properly or you'll end up owing at the end of the year and I'm on a very tight budget. The co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles and premium prices are enough to make your head spin. But, my late husband's employer is shifting everyone to Obama-care and off of their traditional Blue Cross. (My "widow's check" requires the recipient have health insurance, so I can't just say 'no' to it.)

I'm going in person to Blue Cross and a few other insurances in town to see what they have to offer. I can't call because my hearing is so poor--I can't hear on the phone well enough for something this important. And I don't trust the Obama-care Web-site as far as I can throw it.

Anyone else here signed up for Obama-care yet?

It's gonna be a long day.... :sorry:
Everyone must pay the same in the given state.
So - no matter the company - the Gold, brass, silver or whatever - is state based - and across the board.

No more Cadillac plans for anyone.
And now ppl are having spouses dropped or pay a lot more in their employers plans.

A Sr citizen came in said he pays a mortgage still, and $721 for his supplement and $130 ea [spouse] for part B.

:(

Best wishes. I havent read the whole thread.
Yah, the website isnt safe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why does there have to be a limit for treating the ill?

Let me tell you - i am losing a friend right now - because she doesnt have money. [Shes on medicare] BUT could be given a chance to live - IF she had lots of cash of her own...

The Dr's said it would cost her too much [and medicare will no longer cover] - for 3 surgeries to save her life.
She could have an artery resectioned and cleaned [from crystalization] or what have you then have the artery resectioned to any of her organ that hasnt had necrosis in it. Then have a surgery for a collonastomy bag.

No, no money because of the cuts - so she is in hospice dying - and i dont know at what time she will be gone - but due to starvation and dehydration - she wont be alive much longer.

NOT forgetting my other friend who needed 3 surgeries for stints [who died in oct] - and was instead put into Hospice because its cheaper for medicare - BOTH 69 years old.

PAH~LEASE - dont feed us what you ingested and took hook line and sinker.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Just so I'm not misunderstanding you, are you saying that access to healthcare is not a human right?

Dont even try it.

The Pope said health care - which has been cut - drastically.
And health insurance isnt health care.

Lives are being thrown away - because of cuts in care.

You wont care til you face it - thats how ppl roll.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Let me tell you - i am losing a friend right now - because she doesnt have money. [Shes on medicare] BUT could be given a chance to live - IF she had lots of cash of her own...

The Dr's said it would cost her too much [and medicare will no longer cover] - for 3 surgeries to save her life.
She could have an artery resectioned and cleaned [from crystalization] or what have you then have the artery resectioned to any of her organ that hasnt had necrosis in it. Then have a surgery for a collonastomy bag.

No, no money because of the cuts - so she is in hospice dying - and i dont know at what time she will be gone - but due to starvation and dehydration - she wont be alive much longer.

NOT forgetting my other friend who needed 3 surgeries for stints [who died in oct] - and was instead put into Hospice because its cheaper for medicare - BOTH 69 years old.

PAH~LEASE - dont feed us what you ingested and took hook line and sinker.

Dont even try it.

The Pope said health care - which has been cut - drastically.
And health insurance isnt health care.

Lives are being thrown away - because of cuts in care.

You wont care til you face it - thats how ppl roll.

I have no idea what mistake in thinking lead you to write this in response to what I wrote. I would desire your friend to receive treatment without limit for their illness. I would want people to have access to healthcare WITHOUT LIMITS. Where did you get anything else based upon my statements?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Im just upset...
Losing ppl - who could live - is - well, i have no words.
And the blame lies on the stupid Obamacare crap and his severe cuts to Medicare and the aged.

Reactions: sonshine234
Upvote 0