For you Pilgrim

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Heb word for ‘atonement’ (Strongs Hebrew number 3722) has a root meaning of ‘covering’ though there’s not universal agreement amongst scholars.

‘There is an equivalent Arabic root meaning “cover” or “conceal”. On the strength of this connection it has been supposed that the Hebrew word means “to cover over sin” and thus pacify the deity, making an atonement...It has been suggested that the OT ritual symbolised a covering over of sin...’

Yom Kippur was, then, a day when covering was made - the blood of the animal sacrifices ‘covered’ the sins of the nation - it masked their disobedience by the life of an innocent victim, but it couldn’t forgive sin (Heb 10:4). It was the daily sacrifices that dealt mainly with individual sin but Yom Kippur dealt with the collective sins of the nation of Israel and secured acceptance before God.

The OT sacrificial system ‘covered’ sin until the One was to come who was not just going to ‘cover’ but ‘forgive’ and ‘remove’ once and for all time (Heb 7:27, 9:25, 10:11-12).

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
visionary said:
The OT sacrificial system ‘covered’ sin until the One was to come who was not just going to ‘cover’ but ‘forgive’ and ‘remove’ once and for all time (Heb 7:27, 9:25, 10:11-12).
So if the Torah was given to identify, expose this 'sin'. For the purpose of the Torah was to show us how sinful we are so we would run to Yeshua. Then when Yeshua came and took away the sins of the world, in essence he took away the Torah. He took the Torah out of it's functionality. It was given to magnify sins of men. It did that well. When Yeshua came, who was the fulfillment of the Torah, he took the sins of men away by his sacrifice, to be finally accomplished on Yom Kippur as you have so well grasped. No need for the Temple, no need for the land, no need for 'physical' patterns of an invisible Ruakh. The only physical form the Ruakh has now is our very lives, our very bodies. The Torah made Spirit. As it was supposed to be from the beginning. In fact the Torah was actually the Ruakh made physical. And now many are rejecting the Ruakh for the physical patterns and shadows of the Truth.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
IF you mean by Torah the parchment laid on the side of the ark written by the hand of Moses as dictated by God, then I agree with you that that part of the covenant is met in Yeshua totally by His life and death and High Priest work in the Heavenly Sanctuary. Anything we read, study, and try to do that is found in the parchment is found our own good, our health, our relationship with one another, and our teacher as to how God would handle the situation. These identify this issue of dealing with sin from start to finish.

If however you include the Words of God written in stone, that are to be placed in your heart, then I will have to say you are trying to void something that is immutable. I will draw as hard line as the Yeshua said about heaven and earth having to pass away first before anything is changed there. These are to be placed in our hearts, these are loving your God and loving your neighbour that all the laws and the prophets hang from.

I draw this conclusion, from the Lord himself making the distinction

Law of God

written by God
written in stone
placed in the Ark of the Covenant [for it is the heart of the covenant]
to be written on the heart

Law of Moses

written by Moses at the dictation of God
written on parchment [for by these prophectic practices do you find the shadow of Yeshua doing for us what we could not do for our selves in dealing with sin]
As Yeshua fulfilled them, they become a memorial that we do in remembrance of Yeshua. Those that are yet to have their fulfillment in Yeshua we rehearse, seeking to find the hidden manna, we study them so that we may know Him who is able to save us, as these are the only hints that God has given us as to what is He going to do to finally rid sin out of us forever.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So if the Torah was given to identify, expose this 'sin'. For the purpose of the Torah was to show us how sinful we are so we would run to Yeshua. Then when Yeshua came and took away the sins of the world, in essence he took away the Torah.
Torah is vital to give definition as to what sin is. The Holy Spirit is like a magnifying glass which enlarges the letters of the law that we may see the details of how sinful sin really is.

Yeshua present us with the solution illustrated in the feasts and temple services. It is a step by step process from the outer court of our heart, to the heart of the matter. When we first repent we are in the outer court of truly understanding the need to turn away from that sin, as we enter into the holy part of the temple of God, we find the table of shewbread, the candle stick (menorah) light upon the Word of God, and the Altar of Insense where our prayers are offered to God before the curtain that separates us from a face to face encounter with the Most Holy.

When we follow Yeshua into His ministry into the Most Holy as on Yom Kippur where He sheds His blood upon the Open Book of our life right where that sin you turned away from was written, then you start to get a glimmer of Yeshua's work for us. In no part of any feast of God is the Law of God tore up and removed from His sight.

In fact, the Law of God is the foundation upon which God sits upon, and the parchment (which I believe is covered with seven seals) is found on the side of the Ark. Good thing the seat which is the lid to the Ark is called the mercy seat, for that is where when we come face to face with God, we know Him, for He has died for us, and does judge us by what is written in the Book of Life. He can not read that which is covered by His Blood.

He took the Torah out of it's functionality. It was given to magnify sins of men. It did that well. When Yeshua came, who was the fulfillment of the Torah, he took the sins of men away by his sacrifice, to be finally accomplished on Yom Kippur as you have so well grasped.
It still does, and praise the Lord every time you read scripture and it awakens in you the need to repent of former understandings. Torah is exceedingly broad precepts that will take all eternity to grasp all the implications and value for eternal living.

No need for the Temple, no need for the land, no need for 'physical' patterns of an invisible Ruakh. The only physical form the Ruakh has now is our very lives, our very bodies. The Torah made Spirit. As it was supposed to be from the beginning. In fact the Torah was actually the Ruakh made physical. And now many are rejecting the Ruakh for the physical patterns and shadows of the Truth
And there was seen in the Temple in Heaven....
Revelation 11:19
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.
Ever wonder where the two tables of stone are.... They still have a physical presence and I believe that we will see them again just like they were presented on Mount Sinai, only this time they will be presented on THE YOM KIPPUR of all time.

Upvote 0