For those who do not think we are close to the end....

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And a full third of evangelical Christian men has serious inappropriate content issues. The internet helped to speed that along.

That is the fault of those men, not the fault of women who choose to go topless.

Are you equating men without shirts on to females doing the same?

Yes. It is a cultural thing. In many places women go topless and men don’t give it a second thought.

If men have an issue with lust, you do not think women walking down the street bare breasted is going to be a problem for them?

Again that is the fault of these men.

Again, my point is not to be a "the end is near" prophet. However, with that said, if Christians are succumbing to temptation now, whatever it may be, and that temptation is increasing, might it not be wise to seek God as to how exactly we will be able to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations if we cannot resist them successfully now?

blessings,

Gideon

And, again, I don’t see how women doing what men commonly do is a sign that we are in the end times.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes. It is a cultural thing. In many places women go topless and men don’t give it a second thought.

It is. About 10 years ago a daughter got married at a resort in Mexico. I did not realize that it was a top optional beach. After about 5 minutes it was "ho hum".

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the fault of those men, not the fault of women who choose to go topless.

Again that is the fault of these men.

And, again, I don’t see how women doing what men commonly do is a sign that we are in the end times.
I am not sure if you are a woman or a man, but just saying it is man's fault will not make lust go away. Trust me, I know whereof I speak.

We are as a whole a society that has been fed a steady diet of lust, sex and the pleasure seeking and if you think that would not be an issue, good luck with that. If you have children, do you let them watch shows on television with bare breasts? And in public, it will be different how?

It amazes me, and yes, saddens me, that so many in the church think nothing of this. I am not a prude by any means, but as one who was addicted to inappropriate content for much of my life, I can testify that such behavior, if it were legalized, would be the straw rhat broke the camel's back for many men who love the Lord but are not being given any answer from the church as to how to fight it.

This sexual revolution is a cancer and the way we tackle it is to not talk about it. That way everyone thinks they are the only one and the status quo is preserved. I'm ok, you're ok. Of course, we can always use guilt as a tool for overcoming and just tell them it is their fault and to "Just say no to lust!"
Right?

Look, we in the west are not Polynesia. Our upbringing and history have been different. We cannot adopt something that works in other places in the world and think "No problem. Sure it will work here!" We are becoming as a society more and more like Soddom and Gomorrah. Unfortunately, the church has no cure and a seared conscience as to what is acceptable.

We have for the most part become savorless salt and intil we cry out in deep repentance for our lukewarmness towards Him and the life He longs for us to enjoy, evil will wax worse and wprse and our snoring will match it stride for stride.

Until it bothers us that we have no real weaponry to fight things like lust, drug addiction, sexual impurity and the ability to offer them something better than the high that sin gives them, we will remain powerless to set people free indeed. First, we actually have to figure out how to walk in it ourselves.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not sure if you are a woman or a man, but just saying it is man's fault will not make lust go away. Trust me, I know whereof I speak.

I am male. Unless they have changed things you can just go to my profile to see what my sex us.

We are as a whole a society that has been fed a steady diet of lust, sex and the pleasure seeking and if you think that would not be an issue, good luck with that.

I don’t think it would be an issue. In West Virginia where I currently live it is legal for women to go topless in public. You know how many topless women I have seen since I moved here five years ago? None. Zero. Women have the right to do it but it isn’t part of our culture so they generally don’t. It is also legal in New York. I have seen a few women sunbathing topless in Central Park, but not huge numbers. I suspect that it occasionally happens in New York but almost never in West Virginia because New York is a more progressive state.

If you have children, do you let them watch shows on television with bare breasts? And in public, it will be different how?

I don’t have children, but I have been on topless and nude beaches in Europe where parents have brought their children. It is not a big deal to them.

It amazes me, and yes, saddens me, that so many in the church think nothing of this. I am not a prude by any means, but as one who was addicted to inappropriate content for much of my life, I can testify that such behavior, if it were legalized, would be the straw rhat broke the camel's back for many men who love the Lord but are not being given any answer from the church as to how to fight it.

This sexual revolution is a cancer and the way we tackle it is to not talk about it. That way everyone thinks they are the only one and the status quo is preserved. I'm ok, you're ok. Of course, we can always use guilt as a tool for overcoming and just tell them it is their fault and to "Just say no to lust!"
Right?

No, as I said it probably wouldn’t change much here, at least not immediately. What would change is that those women who choose to go topless wouldn’t be fined or hauled off to jail for doing what men commonly do. Do you really think that is fair? Essentially you are saying that because some men have issues with lust we should arrest and punish women.

Look, we in the west are not Polynesia. Our upbringing and history have been different. We cannot adopt something that works in other places in the world and think "No problem. Sure it will work here!" We are becoming as a society more and more like Soddom and Gomorrah. Unfortunately, the church has no cure and a seared conscience as to what is acceptable.

We have for the most part become savorless salt and intil we cry out in deep repentance for our lukewarmness towards Him and the life He longs for us to enjoy, evil will wax worse and wprse and our snoring will match it stride for stride.

Until it bothers us that we have no real weaponry to fight things like lust, drug addiction, sexual impurity and the ability to offer them something better than the high that sin gives them, we will remain powerless to set people free indeed. First, we actually have to figure out how to walk in it ourselves.

Blessings,

Gideon

I don’t see these problems on beaches in Europe, Australia or the Caribbean on beaches that are nude or topless. You can always pick out American men on such beaches. They are the ones staring. The locals don’t pay much attention. If toplessness became the norm here men might look for awhile, then it just wouldn’t be a big deal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In the news this morning, it was reported that a law in Fort Collins, Colorado, banning topless women in public, was unconstitutional, based upon the fact that men could do so. The argument was that this was sexual discrimination.

Pandora's box has been opened, and there is no closing it. The sexualizarion of our society just went from bad to worse.... far worse.

As we see the signs of the times unfoling right before our eyes, with good being called evil and evil proclaimed as good, should we continue our Sunday-go-to-meeting Christianity that empowers no one to walk in victroy over the world, the flesh and the devil, or begin to seek God as to how to actually find the secret of walking as real overcomers.

We have become bushel basket Christians, touting our bushel basket as THE way, competing for malnourished and hungey sheep We feed them programs, luxury church buildings and the latest laser-lighted worship techniques to induce shallow, emotional responses to tickle their ears, their eyes and their desire to be entertained.

Guys, a shaking is coming and when it is all over, our church model will fail, utterly and completely. Why? It feeds our carnal fleshly nature rather than teaches the saints of God how to put it in the grave and to put on who they truly are, new creatures in Christ.

And if you see this happening and are longing for change, for the abilty to walk in the Free Indeed that Jesus promised us. but you do not know how, seek Hid face as to the answer. He has one and once you see it, and receive it, you will never be the same.

Onward and upwards!

blessings,

Gids
I understand that the world is in a state of chaos and the end times are certainly near.

However, in Ontario, maybe Canada.. but for sure in Ontario... women have had the right to go topless for years..... They fought for it... won and rarely do you ever see it being acted on.....

I wouldn't worry about hoards of women running around the beaches without tops on.... ..

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankly I don't know what you are talking about personally. I do know about what you are referencing as it can be seen on tv. However, I don't follow that "version" of Christianity. I have known Christians in my lifetime that were so heavenly minded they were no earthly good but that was the exception. I haven and do know many Christians who are focused on what God can do for me and they are no help spiritually. So, I don't disagree with you in the overall view of Christianity, but I there are always those, everywhere, who are seeking God and doing His will. Our job is to enlighten those who walk in the flesh and awaken their spirit to the Spirit of God which dwells in them. I would also state that no everyone who attends a church, who is active in the church or who even may be a leader in a church knows Christ. As Christ himself said, and for brevity I paraphrase, many will come to me in that day and say did I not do... fill in the blank... in your name? He replies, I never knew you.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would also state that no everyone who attends a church, who is active in the church or who even may be a leader in a church knows Christ. As Christ himself said, and for brevity I paraphrase, many will come to me in that day and say did I not do... fill in the blank... in your name? He replies, I never knew you.

On the other hand, as Billy Graham said --- "When names are called for crowns in heaven, they will be the nameless hidden saints among us. They may not be called Christians. They just love God."

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree that it is bad, but we've been in the end times since Paul said so in his letter.

it's possible something is right in front of our faces, but we just can't see it.

That 'something' is a long long list of end times experts. Going back to when Christianity began.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That 'something' is a long long list of end times experts. Going back to when Christianity began.
When people in the world who have no hope of Jesus returning talk about an approaching apocalypse, we have turned a corner somewhere.

I did a college report in 1970 on tbe threat of overpopulation. It stood at three billion and was expected to double in 30 years It did. 6 billion. It will double again by 2030. 12 billion. Natural resources will be reduced greatly. Pollution, lack of clean water and air, melting polar caps taking away thousands of square miles of densely populated land. Cities under water. Increased storms and stronger hurricanes. Oh, and all the new affluent in India and China will want cars, not bicycles.

The worldwide migration crisis will get much worse, as the have nots want what others have. Wars, nuclear options, dirty bombs, biological warfare. These are just a few of the things that no other generation has faced before.

Scientists and ecologists talk about a tipping point, when, once passed, there is no fixing it. We are right there, right now. I fear Christians refuse to look at things staring us right in the face amd wave off any possibility of concern because a) they are one of the 'haves', and sorta like their lives just as they are and do not want to think about the alternative.... hunger, wars, riots in the streets, or a one world govenrment that promises to fix the mess we humans have made..... or b) they do not feel prepared to meet the Lord in the condition they now find themselves, with secret sins that they either can't or do not want to have fixed. OR, both of the above.

Either way, if we are lucky, we may have 30-40 years left, and that is not a prophetic utterance. You do not need to be a prophet to connect the dots and realize that this world cannot continue as it always has. We are at a convergant point of all the problems. Throw in a selfish, materialistic, pleasure loving society where evil is waxing worse and worse, and we will conclude that the die is pretty well cast, if we have the nerve to look at it long enough. Hiding our heads in the sand of weekly religious services like ostriches is definitely not the way to go.

It is sad but a sign of the times when unbelievers who have much to lose agree that the end of things as we know them is looking unavoidable and yet children of the king are found asleep, not watching at all, not preparing at all, content with things just as they are, feeling like they have need of nothing. Does that remind tou of anyone?

It is time to blow the trumpet. God's watchmen need to speak up, regardless of the blowback. It is time we as His people wake up and seek the face of God. Those who do, who dig deep, will be blessed. Those who do not will continue to be in great peril.

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When i hear it's the end times, my response as with many teachings is "what is the application?" because it is not apparent quite often.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When people in the world who have no hope of Jesus returning talk about an approaching apocalypse, we have turned a corner somewhere.

I did a college report in 1970 on tbe threat of overpopulation. It stood at three billion and was expected to double in 30 years It did. 6 billion. It will double again by 2030. 12 billion. Natural resources will be reduced greatly. Pollution, lack of clean water and air, melting polar caps taking away thousands of square miles of densely populated land. Cities under water. Increased storms and stronger hurricanes. Oh, and all the new affluent in India and China will want cars, not bicycles.

The worldwide migration crisis will get much worse, as the have nots want what others have. Wars, nuclear options, dirty bombs, biological warfare. These are just a few of the things that no other generation has faced before.

Scientists and ecologists talk about a tipping point, when, once passed, there is no fixing it. We are right there, right now. I fear Christians refuse to look at things staring us right in the face amd wave off any possibility of concern because a) they are one of the 'haves', and sorta like their lives just as they are and do not want to think about the alternative.... hunger, wars, riots in the streets, or a one world govenrment that promises to fix the mess we humans have made..... or b) they do not feel prepared to meet the Lord in the condition they now find themselves, with secret sins that they either can't or do not want to have fixed. OR, both of the above.

Either way, if we are lucky, we may have 30-40 years left, and that is not a prophetic utterance. You do not need to be a prophet to connect the dots and realize that this world cannot continue as it always has. We are at a convergant point of all the problems. Throw in a selfish, materialistic, pleasure loving society where evil is waxing worse and worse, and we will conclude that the die is pretty well cast, if we have the nerve to look at it long enough. Hiding our heads in the sand of weekly religious services like ostriches is definitely not the way to go.

It is sad but a sign of the times when unbelievers who have much to lose agree that the end of things as we know them is looking unavoidable and yet children of the king are found asleep, not watching at all, not preparing at all, content with things just as they are, feeling like they have need of nothing. Does that remind tou of anyone?

It is time to blow the trumpet. God's watchmen need to speak up, regardless of the blowback. It is time we as His people wake up and seek the face of God. Those who do, who dig deep, will be blessed. Those who do not will continue to be in great peril.

blessings,

Gideon

30 to 40 years is a wild guess my friend. Who knows? Only God.

Could be thousands of years away.

People read into scripture what they want. Same goes for the world today.

• Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the news this morning, it was reported that a law in Fort Collins, Colorado, banning topless women in public, was unconstitutional, based upon the fact that men could do so. The argument was that this was sexual discrimination.

Pandora's box has been opened, and there is no closing it. The sexualizarion of our society just went from bad to worse.... far worse.

As we see the signs of the times unfoling right before our eyes, with good being called evil and evil proclaimed as good, should we continue our Sunday-go-to-meeting Christianity that empowers no one to walk in victroy over the world, the flesh and the devil, or begin to seek God as to how to actually find the secret of walking as real overcomers.

We have become bushel basket Christians, touting our bushel basket as THE way, competing for malnourished and hungey sheep We feed them programs, luxury church buildings and the latest laser-lighted worship techniques to induce shallow, emotional responses to tickle their ears, their eyes and their desire to be entertained.

Guys, a shaking is coming and when it is all over, our church model will fail, utterly and completely. Why? It feeds our carnal fleshly nature rather than teaches the saints of God how to put it in the grave and to put on who they truly are, new creatures in Christ.

And if you see this happening and are longing for change, for the abilty to walk in the Free Indeed that Jesus promised us. but you do not know how, seek Hid face as to the answer. He has one and once you see it, and receive it, you will never be the same.

Onward and upwards!

blessings,

Gids
I don't see the Bible teaching anything of the sort of this kind of defeatism you seem to be advocating.

I find the exact opposite is taught.
We are to subdue kingdoms and establish righteousness as the Hebrews 11 heroes did:

Hebrews 11:6, 32-33
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him...for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions

The Christian Church walks in this great heritage of unstoppable faith just like our Hebrews 11 brothers and sisters. We are in process of subduing kingdoms, establishing righteousness, and asserting Christ's dominion over all nations through the same faith of David, Samuel, Joshua, and Moses had. Nothing can stop us (Matthew 16:18-19).

Its High time we started acting like it.

Jesus started with just 12 men. Israel was a tiny plot of land, and was the only land that had any knowledge of Jehovah whatsoever. Certainly we're doing a lot better than back then, wouldn't you say? Christianity has been a global revolution that is the world's leading religion and shows no sign of going away. So, remember, you're on a winning team here!

The globe is infinitely better off than it was 2000 years ago. Because of Christianity, the knowledge of God is no longer geographically and tribally restricted. Christianity takes the covenant and extends it everywhere. And, everywhere Christianity is accepted, paganism is defeated. The world, because of the powers of the Cross and Christ's rulership, has become improved and will continue to become improved according to God's sovereign determination.

I always fall back on Isaiah 9:7
"Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this."

Even in the midst of the world around me today, I believe the government of Jesus Christ is destined to increase forever. When lamenting on how bad you believe the world is getting, think about what it must have been like in the dark ages...think about what it was like to be a peasant in the middle ages..think about what it must have been like to have lived during the plague...and even recently, think about what it was like to be a Jew in Germany in WW2, or think about what is was like to have polio before Jonas Salk came along....

We can go on and on about how much better the earth is today, thanks to the ever spreading of Christianity. why, there is zero persecution of Christianity in the western hemisphere today, China and the Middle East are next. Nations rise and fall, and because we are stuck in the middle of our own range of perception, we can easily get caught up (no pun intended) in thinking ours is the worst ever, but a quick survey of the History of Humanity, redily dispels that notion. The Church remains, ever triumphant, ups and downs to be sure, for in this world we have tribulation, but nothing can stop the Church from her destiny, to subdue the earth.

There is no "use by" or "expiration" date to the Gospel, for it is everlasting.

Even in the New heavens and earth, the "final prophesied state" we see those inside the city calling out to those outside who thirst, to "come, drink freely of the water of Life" "the Gates of the city remain open forever to accept the wealth that the nations and kingdoms forever bring into her.

The goal is none other than that every man of every nation, through the power of the Gospel, attain unto that for which mankind was created: To love God with all his heart, soul and mind, and his neighbor as himself (Matt. 22:37-39; Mk. 12:30-31; Lk. 10:27-28). We must not think that the continued existence of sin on earth invalidates the possibility or the perfection of the realization of that goal.

I am fully confident in the fact that whatever the conquering Savior pleases to do, He does, on earth as in heaven (Ps. 135:6). And when we consider the divine eternality of the Church on earth and her progressive divine dominion, we know that her future, and hence the future of humanity, will be filled to overflowing with innumerable blessings which are even now utterly impossible for us to grasp. For what wonders will God work in and through His more-than-conquering Church after 10,000 years of ecclesiastical progress, or after 1,000,000 years of victory? Only God can know (Eccl. 3:11). What we do know is that in Christ Jesus our Creator and our Redeemer, the future of mankind on earth under His dominion will surely be "exceeding abundantly" and incomprehensibly wonderful....

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Eph. 3:20-21).

Upvote 0