For those who do not think we are close to the end....

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not saying every single person.

Really because you numbered every single person in the planet...

Hower, rhe way is narrow and most are ill prepared. We as believers are supposed to have the answer they need that helps them get the devil off their back.

No, God's people are supposed to share the Gospel with the lost..

And when we can actually testify that it works for us, perhaps more will listen.

That what works for us? Are you a used car salesman or speaking of Godly things? Because it doesn't sound like your speaking of following the God of the heavens..

Right now, the church is looked at as a bunch of hypocrites who do not live what they say they believe.

Has the church ever been seen as anything but an annoyance to be destroyed by the lost?

God said this.... The heathen will know that He is the Lord when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

Yes, God did say this.

But standing in the street condemning your brethren in Christ isn't helpful...

They are still waiting, ever simce the early rain ended in the book of Acts.

"They" have been saved, are being saved, and will continue to be saved in the future. ..

your missing it from your view in the street.

But another downpour is approaching on the horizon, and it will be a doozy.

blessings,

Gideon

You'd do better to avoid the whole trying to be a modern day prophet thing.. Too many of those fakes running around.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really because you numbered every single person in the planet...

No, God's people are supposed to share the Gospel with the lost..

That what works for us? Are you a used car salesman or speaking of Godly things? Because it doesn't sound like your speaking of following the God of the heavens..

Has the church ever been seen as anything but an annoyance to be destroyed by the lost?

Yes, God did say this.

But standing in the street condemning your brethren in Christ isn't helpful...

"They" have been saved, are being saved, and will continue to be saved in the future. ..

your missing it from your view in the street.

You'd do better to avoid the whole trying to be a modern day prophet thing.. Too many of those fakes running around.
LOL, I appreciate the advice.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We as believers are supposed to have the answer they need that helps them get the devil off their back. And when we can actually testify that it works for us, perhaps more will listen.

What do you mean by this statement? Can you clarify please?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LOL, I appreciate the advice.

Blessings,

Gideon
Gideon, the Bible says these end times will be like the days of Noah. Don't be surprised or discouraged that your warnings of the destruction to come fall on deaf ears and are mocked.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gideon, the Bible says these end times will be like the days of Noah. Don't be surprised or discouraged that your warnings of the destruction to come fall on deaf ears and are mocked.

The Bible is a Book of hope and reconciliation - not a book of doom and gloom.

The end of the world happens every single day for someone.. it's better to tell them our hope and share with them the path of reconciliation between God and man, since that is what God asks of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean by this statement? Can you clarify please?
I will be glad to. We are promised that our shields of faith will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy, right?

We are promised that He will not allow is to be tempted above our ability to resist.

We are promised that we have been delivered from the power, not just the penalty, of sin.

God tells is that under the New Covenant, He will actually cause us (His words) to walk as obedient children.

The word tells is that our birthright is to walk as overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil.

We are told to count itcall joy when we fall into diverse temptation. Why? To fall again to its pull? Not at all. We can rejoice because we were created to be holy and righteous, not by our white knuckling it, but by our amazing God indwelling us.

What hope can we give a drug addict seeking freedom if we ourselves cannot find deliverance? We have reduced Christianity to faith to be forgiven, do your best until Jesus returns, but if not, that is ok, you have said the prayer, so its all good.

Yet Paul tells us that we are no longer on the flesh and owe it nothing.

When we finally are found rejoicing over being set free indeed as Jesus promised us..... set free from committing sin..... we will be amazed how many in the world who truly love the light but do not love religion will come to Jesus in these last days. I suspect however, it will be the offscouring of society who will be the hungry ones who will be fed, for they KNOW they are sick and need the great physician. Sadly, we are far too mich like Laodecia, thinking we have need of nothing.

I pray we wake up and see how amazing.... and powerful... our birthright actually is. oir calling is to be overcomers, not the First Church of the Overcome.

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the news this morning, it was reported that a law in Fort Collins, Colorado, banning topless women in public, was unconstitutional, based upon the fact that men could do so. The argument was that this was sexual discrimination.

Pandora's box has been opened, and there is no closing it. The sexualizarion of our society just went from bad to worse.... far worse.

As we see the signs of the times unfoling right before our eyes, with good being called evil and evil proclaimed as good, should we continue our Sunday-go-to-meeting Christianity that empowers no one to walk in victroy over the world, the flesh and the devil, or begin to seek God as to how to actually find the secret of walking as real overcomers.

We have become bushel basket Christians, touting our bushel basket as THE way, competing for malnourished and hungey sheep We feed them programs, luxury church buildings and the latest laser-lighted worship techniques to induce shallow, emotional responses to tickle their ears, their eyes and their desire to be entertained.

Guys, a shaking is coming and when it is all over, our church model will fail, utterly and completely. Why? It feeds our carnal fleshly nature rather than teaches the saints of God how to put it in the grave and to put on who they truly are, new creatures in Christ.

And if you see this happening and are longing for change, for the abilty to walk in the Free Indeed that Jesus promised us. but you do not know how, seek Hid face as to the answer. He has one and once you see it, and receive it, you will never be the same.

Onward and upwards!

blessings,

Gids

I'll admit that far too many people of the USA have been coarse, angry, vulgar, profane, corrupt, coercive/punitive, hateful, irrational, wrongly sexual, and immoral to an extent I did not believe could happen in my lifetime. But it isn't the only time that has happened either in this country or elsewhere.

We could be in the end times but I rather expect that we are creating an environment so unpleasing and unsatisfactory and ugly that we could be gearing up for the next great awakening, the next great revival that has revitalized and re-transformed our people the past.

That is what I pray for.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I most likely would be if I did not know that of all the saints sleeping, I was the loudest snorer, lol.

I think initially that people assume I am some hell fire legalist trying to make people try harder. if that is how I am coming across, forgive me, My goal is to help people see thatcwecare simply scratching the surface of what God wants to do for us.... in us.

But until we are thoroughly broken of all self confidence, and like Paul cry out as wretched men seeking to be freed from the old nature, hating the US that refuses to let God into ALL the rooms of our heart, we cannot do the one thing He asks of us.... to truly believe Him and ALL that He has promised us. And when we do, to our amazement and delight, we will find overcoming is for the weak as well as the strong..... and in that order. :)

So if the message God has given me is not received at first, until I hear the tar bubbling and the anguished screams of chickens being plucked, it is all good. I will either run them off with my broken record approach, or they may see my sole motive here is to bless them with the hope that our God has far more for us than a birds-eye view of the back of the neck of the person sitting in front of us on Sunday mornings. I promise!

Blessings to all,

Gid

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll admit that far too many people of the USA have been coarse, angry, vulgar, profane, corrupt, coercive/punitive, hateful, irrational, wrongly sexual, and immoral to an extent I did not believe could happen in my lifetime. But it isn't the only time that has happened either in this country or elsewhere.

We could be in the end times but I rather expect that we are creating an environment so unpleasing and unsatisfactory and ugly that we could be gearing up for the next great awakening, the next great revival that has revitalized and re-transformed our people the past.

That is what I pray for.
And your prayer will be answered.... in spades! Glory!

blessings,

Gids

• Winner
Reactions: Foxfyre
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the news this morning, it was reported that a law in Fort Collins, Colorado, banning topless women in public, was unconstitutional, based upon the fact that men could do so. The argument was that this was sexual discrimination.

But no precedent was set through the courts, it was simply stated to be unconstitutional. I believe people have made the same claim for at least decades.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of valid signs of the times, but I personally don't think it will ever become lawful to go topless just anywhere. God has his hands on the law, and though he does allow temptation, he will likely, in my view, only let it go so far.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But no precedent was set through the courts, it was simply stated to be unconstitutional. I believe people have made the same claim for at least decades.

That's not to say there aren't plenty of valid signs of the times, but I personally don't think it will ever become lawful to go topless just anywhere. God has his hands on the law, and though he does allow temptation, he will likely, in my view, only let it go so far.
Hi my brother, nice to see you again. Thank you for your comments. We do need to realoze, however that therecwill come a time for some we are faced with choosing to receive the mark of the beast, OR lose our homes, our jobs, and cannot feed our families. It sounds liek Hollywood stuff to us, but it will be all too real.

There is q scripture that asks "If we have run with the footmen, and they have wearied us, what will we do when the horsemen arrive?"

If we are not seeking the answer as to how to take the way of escape He makes for us EVERY time we are tempted when things are relatively calm, how do we think we will survive and try to convince ourselves God understands we are weak and so will overlook is taking the mark of the beast?

Temptations will increase. Should our hearts not be crying out for God to show is how to count it all joy when we do get tempted.... and meant it? Trust me, He has an answer for every singlecone of us.

I hope all is well with you.

Gideon

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We do need to realoze, however that therecwill come a time for some we are faced with choosing to receive the mark of the beast, OR lose our homes, our jobs, and cannot feed our families. It sounds liek Hollywood stuff to us, but it will be all too real.

I think most here do realize that, and no, it doesn't sound like Hollywood to me, nor a number of others here, we know what's coming and the Footmen are no more a problem than the Horsemen are.

Still, never a bad idea to post the occasional reminder.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We are told to count itcall joy when we fall into diverse temptation. Why? To fall again to its pull? Not at all. We can rejoice because we were created to be holy and righteous, not by our white knuckling it, but by our amazing God indwelling us.

I don't understand Christians. I don't say that to be funny. I can't wrap my mind around a lot of what I read and see. It is far from what I've experienced and understood. It is grievous in all truth.

What hope can we give a drug addict seeking freedom if we ourselves cannot find deliverance? We have reduced Christianity to faith to be forgiven, do your best until Jesus returns, but if not, that is ok, you have said the prayer, so its all good.

I helped lead a homeless alcoholic and gambling addict to Christ. He was delivered from both and found a place too. But I don't believe in platitudes. I used the methods I experienced that led me to God. Love, kindness, listening, and faith. I prayed for the group and let the Holy Spirit lead. I was adamant about that. They needed to know how to connect with Him. Otherwise, it's rote instruction.

Most of the people I converse with are unsaved. I talk to atheists on the site. I don't believe it's my job to save anyone. I can't. But I can love them and show the reason for my hope and joy. I'm aware there are many stages involved in salvation. Love may be my role. I'm okay with that. I see results and that makes me smile.

Yet Paul tells us that we are no longer on the flesh and owe it nothing.

I'm not in bondage. But then again, surrender is my aim. I don't want religion. I want to be deeper in Him. I have a different perspective. I love Him. Pleasing Him brings me joy. I don't usually share too much but I did today. You can read it if you'd like. That's my life. He's the center and everything else.

I have a lot of joy, peace, and happiness. So much so, I'm silent. Because you can't share that. Many don't respond well to positive things. I am living out the abundant life Christ spoke of. To the full and overflowing. I don't have a secret. I love Him. I know Him. I believe He knows best. And I'm anchored.

But I don't believe I'd be where I am without love, surrender, and obedience. I can help others because I'm speaking from experience and fruit, not ideologies. You see, I never forgot. I remember what it meant to be lost and separate from Him. And that memory is emblazoned in my mind. It generates compassion and patience with those who don't know. But there isn't a sense of urgency. I have untold peace and belief that He will get them too. Great is my faith and trust. :)

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟202,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Pandora's box has been opened, and there is no closing it. The sexualizarion of our society just went from bad to worse.... far worse.

As we see the signs of the times unfoling right before our eyes, with good being called evil and evil proclaimed as good, should we continue our Sunday-go-to-meeting Christianity that empowers no one to walk in victroy over the world, the flesh and the devil, or begin to seek God as to how to actually find the secret of walking as real overcomers.

We have become bushel basket Christians, touting our bushel basket as THE way, competing for malnourished and hungey sheep We feed them programs, luxury church buildings and the latest laser-lighted worship techniques to induce shallow, emotional responses to tickle their ears, their eyes and their desire to be entertained.

Guys, a shaking is coming and when it is all over, our church model will fail, utterly and completely. Why? It feeds our carnal fleshly nature rather than teaches the saints of God how to put it in the grave and to put on who they truly are, new creatures in Christ.

And if you see this happening and are longing for change, for the abilty to walk in the Free Indeed that Jesus promised us. but you do not know how, seek Hid face as to the answer. He has one and once you see it, and receive it, you will never be the same.

Onward and upwards!

blessings,

Gids

And the Good News is:

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no man could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before The Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out in a loud voice, Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon the throne, and to The Lamb!" And all the angels stood round the throne and round the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God for ever and ever! Amen."
Then one of the elders addressed me, saying"Who are these, clothed in white robes, and whence have they come?" I said to him, "Sir you know." And he said to me, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in The Blood of The Lamb.

So you see, The Lord will finish the work that He started in those that are truly His.

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, and I mean no disresepct, these answers typify the opinions of the vast majority of Christians.

The dark black coulds are gwthering on the horizon, willful sin still resides in the hearts of most of His children, self atill rules the roost, and yet all is well with our souls.

May God awawken us before it is too late.

blessings,

Gideon
And then to see that all of theses things are turning to acceptance of a one world religion where everyone loves everyone everything's ok, and of course everyone's God is one god

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Onward and upwards!

blessings,

Gids
Thank God for house churches!

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

The same thing happened here in Ontario Canada about 25 years ago. You know what happened? Nothing! In all that time I have not seen a topless woman but they are reported from time to time.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is allowing women to go topless a sign of the end times? Until after the First World War the male bathing suit included a top. The world didn't end when men started going topless.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank God for house churches!
I suspect they will become far more popular in the coming years. Is your church a house church? How is it working for you?

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is allowing women to go topless a sign of the end times? Until after the First World War the male bathing suit included a top. The world didn't end when men started going topless.
And a full third of evangelical Christian men has serious inappropriate content issues. The internet helped to speed that along. Are you equating men without shirts on to females doing the same? If men have an issue with lust, you do not think women walking down the street bare breasted is going to be a problem for them?

Again, my point is not to be a "the end is near" prophet. However, with that said, if Christians are succumbing to temptation now, whatever it may be, and that temptation is increasing, might it not be wise to seek God as to how exactly we will be able to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations if we cannot resist them successfully now?

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0