• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

For those who believe in a Pre-Tribulation rapture

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by lismore, Oct 18, 2020.

1. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,352
    Christian
    Single
    Hello!

I have often heard it said that all children will be taken in the pre-trib rapture.

If so, why? Is there any scriptural support that all children will be taken?

Please if you don't believe in a pre-Trib rapture maybe this is not the best thread for you.

Peace be with you all :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,415
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I used to believe in it.

I think that statement needs to be deconstructed into two (2) components.

1) Age of ascension theology
    2) Pre-tribulation rapture.

Some who believe in the Pre-trib may not subscribe to Age of Ascension theology.

3. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,350
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    It's the same reasoning for why some believe that all children who die before a certain age go to Heaven. It's not based in scripture.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Danigt22

Danigt22 Well-Known Member

+257
    Costa Rica
    Lutheran
    Celibate
    This are my personal reason why I believe
    I live everyday with the hopes our Lord Jesus Christ will come for us. It gives me hope everyday to walk closer and closer to him and not worry about the world or the bad things to come. I believe his sacrifice is all I need for my salvation, and it was given to me by grace. There are many scriptures that supports this, such as 1 Corinthians 15:52 kjv, Rev 5.9 kjv, Rev 3.10 kjv, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-7, Titus 3:13 kjv.

To see our lord Jesus Christ is our blessed hope. If we are looking foward to be tribulation saints, atleast for me, that is seeking glory for ourselves instead of depending on the grace and mercy of God.

I used to be post trib believer, until I fully undertood the finish work of the cross.

• List
  5. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+636
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I'm pre wrath not pre trib but, I do believe that young children alive at that time will be taken
    2 Samuel 12:18-23
    Matthew 19:14
    Maybe including those children currently unborn at that time, and maybe by mercy, no children will be conceived during the wrath of God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,352
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you! I'm wondering if it would make more sense to say:

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? (Genesis 18:25) rather than saying all children will be taken in the rapture. God Bless You :)

7. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+636
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    We all feel something off about the idea of God punishing an infant forever, and God is more just than we are.

8. lismore

lismore Legend

+2,352
    Christian
    Single
    Hello Jamdoc. Thanks for your post. I was just wondering because some children are very wicked in their actions:

James Patrick Bulger (16 March 1990 – 12 February 1993) was a 2-year-old boy from Kirkby, Merseyside, England, who was abducted, tortured and killed by two 10-year-old boys, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, on Friday, 12 February 1993.
    Murder of James Bulger - Wikipedia
    God Bless :)

9. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+636
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Well, when I'm talking about children I'm talking about very young children who do not know right from wrong yet. But once they can consciously make evil choices... they need to be saved from their sin.

10. Douggg

Douggg anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist

+2,205
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Noah, called the only righteous man on earth at the time; his wife, his sons and their wives were spared from the flood. I hope that all children will be taken in the rapture by the same act of mercy.

11. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+3,000
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    In a nutshell, all of those belong to Him go with Him. If one dies an hour before the rapture and would be resurrected at the rapture that one would also go in the rapture when the time comes, adult or child.

12. Rachel20

Rachel20 Active Member

+385
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It may be based on the idea of an age of accountability, for which Romans 7:9 is given as a proof text -

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

13. Oseas

Oseas Well-Known Member

+112
    Brazil
    Christian
    Married
    1Thessalonians 4:v.16
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven (FROM THE THIRD HEAVEN) with a shout, with the voice of the archangel(MICHAEL-Dan.12:v.1-3 and there will be Great Tribulation and resurrection as is written) , and with the trump of God (sounded by Michael-Revelation 11:v,.15): and the dead in Christ shall rise first(Daniel 12:v.2):

NOTE:
    Very interesting. If the rapture takes place before the great tribulation, as is presumed, or speculated, and based in a dream of a prophetess, then it makes no sense to shorten the days for the sake of the chosen ones, don't you think?

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: (air is heaven. what heaven?Luke 20:v.35-36) and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (IN THE THIRD HEAVEN-KINGDOM OF GOD - Revelation 11:v.15 and so on)

Revelation 16:v.13-16

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the Dragon(who is the Beast like a lamb-(Revelation 13:v.11-18- a false messiah- a profound Torah connoisseur), and out of the mouth of the Beast (the Beast of sea-Revelation 13:v.1-10 - the Papacy), and out of the mouth of the FALSE PROPHET,(Revelation 13:v.11-18 - an accumulated function of the false messiah, profound Torah connoisseur)

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great Day of God Almighty. - The Lord's Day - the seventh and last Day or seventh and last millennium -

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. - Contraction of three words - Air (heaven-Ephesians 1:v.3 and Phil.3:v.20-21) + Magog + Eddom(vermelho)

GET READY
    Get ready . Yeah, get ready for the battle

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Deuteronomy 18:v.20- The Word is God
    The prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods(god of this world-2Cor.4:v.4), even that prophet shall die.

• List
  14. Timtofly

Timtofly Well-Known Member

+161
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Matthew 18:2-3
    2 He called a child to him, stood him among them,
    3 and said, “Yes! I tell you that unless you change and become like little children, you won’t even enter the Kingdom of Heaven!

Matthew 19:14
    14 However, Yeshua said, “Let the children come to me, don’t stop them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.”

• Like Like x 1
    • List