For those that see "under the law" as the law of sin, the law of sin and death, or the penalty.

wallet_man

Aug 13, 2020
WV
✟11,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm compiling all the various interpretations for what it means to be under the law, the law of sin, and the law of the spirit of life in Christ, and the law of sin and death. I'm looking for any willing to input their commentary on 10 related verses on these topics and to answer 7 short questions related to them. I expect it will take 10-15mins. For every instance of "the law" please input in brackets [] what law you are reading it as and address each "for" and "that" in the comments as needed.

If you'd like to take up the task reply with which document you are editing.

The law of sin interpretation (1): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin (1)
The law of sin interpretation (2): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin (2)
The law of sin interpretation (3): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin (3)

The law of sin and death interpretation (1): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin and death (1)
The law of sin and death interpretation (2): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin and death (2)
The law of sin and death interpretation (3): Galatians 4:4-5 - law of sin and death (3)

The penalty of the law interpretation (1): Galatians 4:4-5 - the laws penalty (1)
The penalty of the law interpretation (2): Galatians 4:4-5 - the laws penalty (2)

Last edited:

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The law is good and right and holy. So it can not be the law of sin and death... or can it. Do you know that we can not be in the Holy Presence with sin and live? Those who come in His Presence are confronted with the ramifications of knowing how unworthy they are, how sinful they are, and sin melts like hot wax in His Presence.

Psalm 68:2
As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.

Judges 5:5
The mountains melted from before the Lord, even that Sinai from before the Lord God of Israel.

Joshua 2:11
And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the Lord your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

Psalm 22:14
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

If it is in or on you, that sin can take you with it. There is the death. The death of sin in the Presence of God. God has often cloaked His Holy Presence to preserve the sinner as He draws them closer to Him and works on cleansing them of their sin. Delicate job.

Upvote 0