For Those of You Who Have Put Together Successful Bands...

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...how did you do it? I truly feel that God has called me to do something music-related, especially in the form of touring with a band and spreading God's Word to people worldwide. My biggest hurdle is finding fellow Christians who are dedicated and serous about making this work. Most of them show up for one or two practices and then decide to go do something else, despite their previous claim that they were interested in making the project work.

I've been in Nashville for the last six years and I'm amazed at how many Christians here are unmotivated and uninvolved when it comes to music. For those of you who have done this, is there anything I can do to get believers interested and excited about this?

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hence the reason I now work alone. Too many people I went through liked the idea of being in a band, but not too many liked the work and dedication to it that it takes. And it's hard for a lot of people as well because it also means giving up a "real job" to chase something where the odds are very much against you.

The other thing is that the industry is very political. I've spent the past 8 years shoving myself into it in many different areas from production design and directing to management and PR. I've worked with several hundred bands both Mainstream and Christian, and have made a lot of contacts for the sake of my own music. It's a very competitive and political business in all areas.

Upvote 0