traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm just wondering where you get updated on the situation in Egypt?

I've been reading that there's not a lot of available information for Americans about the protesting and clashes against the government, but I'm not sure how true that is.

There's one website in particular that I and many people I know keep open and running for live updates, but I'm not sure you guys have access to it.

Can anyone help me out by directing me to sources available to you?

:help:

Reactions: Allen1901

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a Satellite dish, so I can watch LINK TV (formally World Link) and FSTV.

Both of which stream BTW. Link tv has preempted regular programing since the revolution started and has simulcast Al Jazeera English. David Frost seems to be the primary Anchor.

linktv.org

Upvote 0

PassionFruit

I woke up like dis
May 18, 2007
In the valley of the wind
✟20,550.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been getting most of the updates from Al Jazeera English and BBC.

I wonder why someone would say that we don't have access to the situation in Egypt? That makes no sense. lol

Unless they meant the information the Americans are getting is limited, I mean the media hasn't done a very good job at reporting this. But CNN has been reporting it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think too many people in the US really cared till oil prices went up to 100.00 a barrel.

It's all over the media now.

Actually I cared before that, but thanks for assuming....I have friends over in the middle east. I care very much for their safety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

traingosorry

Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually it was the AlJazeera English Live site that was reported to be widely unavailable throughout the U.S., amongst others.

I was wondering that too why they were saying that... but it seems to be not the case which is a relief. Some of the footage, while graphic is pretty inspiring. To see such solidarity in spite of how the police and government are retaliating is moving. I would hate to think that any of us are not being allowed access to witness such a revolution.

Thanks for the responses.

Upvote 0

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually I cared before that, but thanks for assuming....I have friends over in the middle east. I care very much for their safety.

Naturally you care for your friends. Even the Pharisees do that :p

Most of the 100 or so people I talk to everyday(I have to make a lot of small talk) could care less. They are beginning to worry about oil prices, and if friends or family will be deployed.

Actually it was the AlJazeera English Live site that was reported to be widely unavailable throughout the U.S., amongst others.

I was wondering that too why they were saying that... but it seems to be not the case which is a relief. Some of the footage, while graphic is pretty inspiring. To see such solidarity in spite of how the police and government are retaliating is moving. I would hate to think that any of us are not being allowe d access to witness such a revolution.

Thanks for the responses.

It's my understanding that Al Jazeeera English has had a difficult time being carried on US cable systems. From looking at this thread, most people here are streaming it on the net. :)

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Naturally you care for your friends. Even the Pharisees do that :p

Most of the 100 or so people I talk to everyday(I have to make a lot of small talk) could care less. They are beginning to worry about oil prices, and if friends or family will be deployed.

It's my understanding that Al Jazeeera English has had a difficult time being carried on US cable systems. From looking at this thread, most people here are streaming it on the net. :)

Who cares about oil prices, I already pay almost $4 a gallon (Diesel), and that's bottom of the barrel crap. But then I look at your political affiliation and then the :idea: turns on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was wondering that too why they were saying that... but it seems to be not the case which is a relief. Some of the footage, while graphic is pretty inspiring. To see such solidarity in spite of how the police and government are retaliating is moving. I would hate to think that any of us are not being allowed access to witness such a revolution.
Yes, but who is going to be in the new regime? What I want is justice for the Christians there.

Upvote 0

acropolis

so rad
Jan 29, 2008
✟20,293.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I know three students currently attending a university in Cairo, one of them has been able to get cell reception and give me calls periodically. Other than that I rely on a few news forums as well as Al Jazeera English.

Yes, but who is going to be in the new regime? What I want is justice for the Christians there.

Yeah who cares about nonchristians, let em suffer.

The protests are against government repression and tyranny, not secularism or whatever. These people aren't going to tolerate another repressive government regardless of religious affiliation. If the protesters are successful in destroying the current government they will have the power to install a government which is more just.

The reason the US government and news outlets aren't very happy to see the current dictator fall is that he has been instrumental in supporting US interests. The US doesn't care, and hasn't ever cared, about whether or not a particular national leader is a dictator so long as he does as the US wishes. If the protesters are successful in their attempt to bring in a new, self-determined government, Egypt will no longer be so supportive of US foreign policy.

It's unfortunate to see so many news outlets trying to maintain this false dichotomy which holds that a middle eastern nation must either be ruled by a brutal dictator or a brutal religious fanatic. This is absurd and could only be believed by people too simple to understand that people in the middle east are just like anyone else: they want freedom, security, and peace.

Upvote 0

traingosorry

Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0