For the younger folks, what do you think of President Clinton's impeachment & Donald's

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I hadn't realized this section even existed since it's a subsection tucked away but since it's here I thought I'd ask y'all for your thoughts. Since we weren't alive or for the older ones in this age range were just toddlers during the last time a president was impeached.

In the 1990s Bill Clinton got impeached by the House on account of having perjured himself by saying he hadn't had sex with a lady. The lady has repeatedly stated for the past 20 years that it was consensual but nevertheless it was absolutely wrong for them to have sexual relations. Wrong for him to have fibbed about it, trying to twist things around and say on account of it being oral sex that it wasn't sex.

All that from the 90s looks amazingly innocent in comparison to modern-day. Donald Trump's personal attorney is sitting in prison on account of breaking campaign finance laws when he paid off the inappropriate content stars Donald Trump cheated on his 3rd wife with and then wanted those affairs covered up before the election. In addition to his attorney being in prison so are several members of his campaign staff (or they are heading to prison) including Manafort & Gates who worked on behalf of one of the most notoriously corrupt politicians in Ukraine. Shoots in the foot Donald's claim that he gave one diddly dang about corruption in Ukraine. He held up military aid for Ukraine while it's fighting a deadly war with Russia.

Donald Trump has made a whole heck of a lot of claims on Twitter but has refused the invitation to testify at his impeachment hearings. Has blocked other folks from testifying.
The ones who did testify under oath, testified about his wrongful actions. The ones who say he didn't do anything wrong, well they refuse to say that under oath where they could be charged with perjury.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I think President Clinton should have been censured for having committed perjury. It was the cover up that was illegal not the actual misdeed. Adultery is wrong but unfortunately as we see with Trump, Rudy, and so many other politicians it's not uncommon.

Trump should be impeached and removed from office. Historians who were alive back in the 90s, some back during Watergate too, said that if Trump's actions don't warrant impeachment *nothing* does. It sets a terrible precedent. 20 yrs from now teens are going to ask why he wasn't impeached & removed if he's not.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My friend here was asking the real questions!
2019-12-18 18.39.24.png

• Winner
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Does it really mean anything when the legal progress is actually voted by congress and senate. It appears to me that any wrongdoing of a president will never be prosecuted if he has the support of his party. It's seems a bizarre sidestep of the judicial process.

Upvote 0