✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow….

I’ll say once and then stop in reference to this.

Any attempt to influence others to repent or change their minds about the vaccine (with both this one and similar posts) is failing completely with the way things are posted here. Any thoughts of being a voice in a wilderness is not happening. In fact, the opposite effect will happen (already has happened). The primary effect is to perpetuate division among Orthodox Christians.

I could say more, but I must stop.
Okay.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I will just tell my wife to take the vaccine then, so that she will have some protection against the virus and may continue to work at the hospital, since she would not be committing any sin by doing so, according to the many Orthodox who promote the vaccine with their words and deeds. What a fool I truly am, just as it says beneath my avatar. It couldn't possibly be a mark of any kind, much less the mark of the Beast. That will come only sometime later. And I might as well be vaccinated too, since my only motive to refrain is fetal cell line experimentation. What's the real moral harm in getting the vaccine? The most important thing is that I not be guilty of the inexcusable sin of perpetuating division among Orthodox Christians by informing them what my motive has really been for not being vaccinated. Go along to get along... or at least be silent about it, right? Plus I would be doing my part to protect others from suffering and dying from the virus, which is my civil and Christian duty. We all know that minimizing sickness and suffering and keeping people from dying is of greatest importance to us. It says so somewhere in the New Testament, I think.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I will just tell my wife to take the vaccine then, so that she will have some protection against the virus and may continue to work at the hospital, since she would not be committing any sin by doing so, according to the many Orthodox who promote the vaccine with their words and deeds. What a fool I truly am, just as it says beneath my avatar. It couldn't possibly be a mark of any kind, much less the mark of the Beast. That will come only sometime later. And I might as well be vaccinated too, since my only motive to refrain is fetal cell line experimentation. What's the real moral harm in getting the vaccine? The most important thing is that I not be guilty of the inexcusable sin of perpetuating division among Orthodox Christians by informing them what my motive has really been for not being vaccinated. Go along to get along... or at least be silent about it, right? Plus I would be doing my part to protect others from suffering and dying from the virus, which is my civil and Christian duty. We all know that minimizing sickness and suffering and keeping people from dying is of greatest importance to us. It says so somewhere in the New Testament, I think.
I never said to be silent or to change what you think or believe. That’s not the point of my post. I stand by what I said though.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never said to be silent or to change what you think or believe. That’s not the point of my post. I stand by what I said though.
These things are implicit in your stance, so nothing need be said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
These things are implicit in your stance, so nothing need be said.
Apparently my view is not clear then. I thought it was clear to others though based on past interactions.

My suggested path for us all includes respecting each other, having thoughtful interaction and discussion, avoiding condemnation and alienation, promoting understanding even when disagreeing, caring for each other as an family in the Church, and all seeking to follow Orthodoxy, the saints, Holy Tradition and more. It doesn’t seem too much to ask or suggest.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9 For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

10 By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” 21 So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

I think the problem is where we're getting our information from. We all have our own reasons for believing such-and-such, and not believing such-and-such. Our own life experiences inform us on who is deemed trustworthy or not.

Either way, both sides are trying to "save" the other side from certain harm, as if they were Evangelical missionaries. One side insists we receive a vaccine because of the harm that COVID might do, and the other insists we avoid the vaccine because of the harm that the vaccine might do. Both sides are serving to further divide along man-made idols (both the virus and vaccines are man-made, this much is known).

I've already supposedly had the virus, and it wasn't anything to write home about, but the effectiveness depends on your baseline health (whether you're overweight, heart issues, elderly, etc). If you fall into some of those categories, you might want to take some precautions. I've been at the jiu jitsu gym regularly since the gyms opened back up in June 2020, and sure I did catch the virus from another individual at the gym, but we all got through it and have been wrestling and sweating all over each other since then with no further issues. And I live in a supposed "hot spot." We've been having low-key coffee hour and no outbreaks there. One man (overweight) caught the virus at school, and was out of commission for a couple weeks due to covid induced pneumonia, but he's right back in the parish, chanting and fellowshipping. So, those are just some of my experiences with it that lead me to believe that we could get through this with the help of God.

But, the memes are hilarious. I'm not going to stop posting those.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,488.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I appreciate that people are willing to talk with those they disagree with SOMEWHERE at least.

My sympathies are much more with TF. I despise everything imposed by the governments (and by big business in alliance with big government) in the name of this man-made virus. I'm not vaccinated and am determined to refuse at any price. (I really could lose my one official job over this)
But A4C is absolutely right that the only way out (within the Church at the very least) is tolerance of those who disagree with us.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Apparently my view is not clear then. I thought it was clear to others though based on past interactions.

My suggested path for us all includes respecting each other, having thoughtful interaction and discussion, avoiding condemnation and alienation, promoting understanding even when disagreeing, caring for each other as an family in the Church, and all seeking to follow Orthodoxy, the saints, Holy Tradition and more. It doesn’t seem too much to ask or suggest.
"He in whom these worldly seeds are present is no spiritual person. A spiritual person consists of nothing but pain. In other words, he’s in pain at what’s going on, he’s in pain for people’s condition. And divine comfort is bestowed upon him for his pain." - Elder Paisios

I recommend the path that will cause us to come to know by experience that which the Holy elder means in this saying, and that this path be remained upon until the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For us all, including me.

“Humility and Love, there you have it. This is everything.” - St Paisios

“The way of the Church is LOVE; it differs from the way of the legalists. The Church sees everything with tolerance and seeks to help each person, whatever he may have done, however sinful he may be.” - St Paisios (full quote below)

“A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” - John 12:34-35

“A Christian must not be fanatic; he must have love for and be sensitive towards all people. Those who inconsiderately toss out comments, even if they are true, can cause harm.” - St Paisios (full quote below)

St Paisios said:
I once asked someone: “What type of warrior do you consider yourself to be? Christ’s warrior or temptation’s warrior? Are you aware that the evil of temptation also has its own warriors?”

A Christian must not be fanatic; he must have love for and be sensitive towards all people. Those who inconsiderately toss out comments, even if they are true, can cause harm.

I once met a theologian who was extremely pious, but who had the habit of speaking to the (secular) people around him in a very blunt manner; his method penetrated so deeply that it shook them very severely. He told me once: “During a gathering, I said such and such a thing to a lady.” But the way that he said it, crushed her. “Look”, I said to him, “you may be tossing golden crowns studded with diamonds to other people, but the way that you throw them can smash heads, not only the sensitive ones, but the sound ones also.”

Let’s not stone our fellow-man in a so-called “Christian manner.” The person who – in the presence of others – checks someone for having sinned (or speaks in an impassioned manner about a certain person), is not moved by the Spirit of God; he is moved by another spirit.

The way of the Church is LOVE; it differs from the way of the legalists. The Church sees everything with tolerance and seeks to help each person, whatever he may have done, however sinful he may be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SalemsConcordance

Oct 5, 2020
Westcoast
✟28,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Then I assume you take no medicines ever. Tylenol? Antacids? Certain cold and flu meds? Zoloft? Many others...

Patently false, propaganda.

An article response in regards to the big media push of 'HEK cells are in everthing, including Tums and Tylenol':
The Aborted “Bioethics” of Ancient Faith Radio’s Fr. John Parker & Dr. Ryan Sampson Nash - Orthodox Reflections

See these two comments whcih explains why 'HEK cells are in everything' is false, and misleading:
The Aborted “Bioethics” of Ancient Faith Radio’s Fr. John Parker & Dr. Ryan Sampson Nash - Orthodox Reflections

This was the main promoted doctor, a catholic who is pro jab.
If Any Drug Tested on HEK-293 Is Immoral, Goodbye Modern Medicine
I don’t know if I trust this Patheos pro-satanic vaxx catholic. As if abortion is not a good enough reason, he says ‘if you can’t cite abortion, you have no reason not to get the vaccine’ - poor spiritually blind Catholic!

>If Any Drug Tested on HEK-293 Is Immoral, Goodbye Modern Medicine | Matthew Schneider 1

The majority of those studies for Tums are 2014… Tylenol the same, IBUprofen 2017! 2008, this isn’t for mass production, this is them using immoral unethical testing of drugs to further research in some other area.

This separate catholic page which has had many years of being held up for solid research on the HEK / abortion cell lines discusses these common meds here, by the main anti-abortion Catholic site. This is a false statement by the doctor. You can ignore their usage of Father, and their moral findings etc, but the information is valid.

Let’s Get A Few Things Cleared Up: Testing, Cell Lines and Fetal Tissue - Children of God for Life 1
>Fr. Schneider’s article equates the use of aborted fetal cell lines in vaccine development to the ‘testing’ applied to his list of often-prescribed and common OTC medications. They are not – I repeat – they are not the same thing. Fr. Schneider’s reference to aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) as one of the OTC drugs ‘tested’ in aborted fetal cell lines is the best example to demonstrate the problem with his argument. Acetylsalicylic acid was first produced by French chemist Charles Frédéric Gerhardt in 1853 and the U.S. patent for aspirin was awarded to Bayer in the year 1900. Of course, aborted fetal cell lines were in the distant future, rendering their use in the development of aspirin an impossibility.

>Tums, another example from his list, would be laughable if the backdrop were not so serious. Tums is a well-known antacid preparation, nothing more than calcium carbonate and sugar. It reacts with stomach acid to relieve indigestion. The effects of calcium carbonate have been known for ages and the industrial sources of this compound are sea shells, egg shells, limestone and chalk, to name a few. It is also present in broccoli and other green vegetables. It is literally everywhere. Decades ago, the Lewis-Howe Company decided to purify calcium carbonate, mix it with sugar, press it into tablets and sell it as an antacid. They wouldn’t have ‘tested’ (they didn’t) in aborted fetal cell lines for a number of reasons, the most important reasons being 1. The nature of Tums’ therapeutic effect – the neutralization of digestive acids in the upper GI. It does what it does without entering human cells – it reacts with acids in the stomach, producing water and carbon dioxide in the process, and, 2. Testing in aborted fetal cell lines would have been an impossibility since Tums was first produced in 1930. Just like aspirin, it’s quite a bit older than aborted fetal cell lines.

So are these common meds being tested before production, or post-hoc for additional research? The later.

COGforlife abortion products is literally one-page long, not this huge propaganda push of ‘everything is tainted.’
https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/fetalproductsall.pdf

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For us all, including me.

“Humility and Love, there you have it. This is everything.” - St Paisios

“The way of the Church is LOVE; it differs from the way of the legalists. The Church sees everything with tolerance and seeks to help each person, whatever he may have done, however sinful he may be.” - St Paisios (full quote below)

“A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you also must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” - John 12:34-35

“A Christian must not be fanatic; he must have love for and be sensitive towards all people. Those who inconsiderately toss out comments, even if they are true, can cause harm.” - St Paisios (full quote below)
Very good quotes, and I'd like to add that, with the Love of God in oneself, a person may also act as suggested by these words from the Holy Elder, as follows:

"Today there are many who strive to corrupt everything: the family, the youth, the Church. In our day it’s a true witness to speak up for one’s people, for the state is waging war against divine law. It’s laws are directed against the Law of God.

But we are responsible for not letting the enemies of the Church corrupt everything. Though I’ve heard even priests say: “Don’t get involved in that. It’s none of your business!” If they had reached such a non-striving condition through prayer I would kiss their feet. But no! They’re indifferent because they want to please everyone and live in comfort.

Indifference is unacceptable even for laymen, and all the more so for the clergy. An honest, spiritual man doesn’t do anything with indifference. “Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully”, says the Prophet Jeremiah (Jer. 48:10). There’s a war on today, a holy war. I must be on the front lines. There are so many Marxists, so many Masons, so many Satanists and assorted others! So many possessed, anarchists and seduced ones! I see what awaits us, and it’s painful for me. The bitter taste of human pain is in my mouth.

The spirit of lukewarmness reigns. There’s no manliness at all! We’ve been spoiled for good! How does God still tolerate us? Today’s generation is the generation of indifference. There are no warriors. The majority are fit only for parades.

Godlessness and blasphemy are allowed to appear on television. And the Church is silent and doesn’t excommunicate the blasphemers. And they need to be excommunicated. What are they waiting for? Let’s not wait for someone else to pull the snake out from its hole so that we can live in peace.

They’re silent out of indifference. What’s bad is that even people who’ve got something inside have begun to grow cool, saying: “Can I really do anything to change the situation?” We have to witness our faith with boldness, because if we continue to be silent we’ll have to answer in the end. In these difficult days each must do what’s in their power. And leave what’s out of their power to the will of God. In this way our conscience will be clear.

If we don’t resist, then our ancestors will arise from their graves. They suffered so much for the Fatherland, and we? What are we doing for it?.. If Christians don’t begin to witness their faith, to resist evil, then the destroyers will become even more insolent. But today’s Christians are no warriors. If the Church keeps silent, to avoid conflict with the government, if the metropolitans are silent, if the monks hold their peace, then who will speak up?

Give thanks to God for everything. Try to be manly. Pull yourself together a bit. Do you know what Christians are suffering in other countries? There are such difficulties in Russia! But here many exhibit indifference. There’s not enough disposition to kindness, love of devotion.

You see, if we don’t begin to make war against evil, to expose those who tempt believers, then the evil will grow larger. If we throw aside fear then the faithful will be emboldened a bit. And those who wage war against the Church will have a harder time.

In the past our nation lived spiritually, so God blessed her, and the saints helped us in miraculous fashion. And we were victorious against our enemies, who always outnumbered us. Today we continue to call ourselves Orthodox Christians, but we don’t live Orthodox lives.

A lukewarm clergy lulls the people to sleep, leaves them in their former condition so they won’t be upset. “Look”, they say. “By all means don’t say that there’ll be a war, or the Second Coming, that one must prepare oneself for death. We must not make people alarmed!”

And others speak with a false kindness, saying: “We mustn’t expose heretics and their delusions, so as to show our love for them.” Today’s people are water-soluble. There’s no leaven in them.

If I avoid upsetting myself to protect my fleshly comfort then I’m indifferent to holiness! Spiritual meekness is one thing, and softness and indifference are quite another. Some say: “I’m a Christian and therefore I have to be joyful and calm.” But they’re not Christian. They’re simply indifferent. And their joy is only a worldly joy."

Upvote 0

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Very good quotes, and I'd like to add that, with the Love of God in oneself, a person may also act as suggested by these words from the Holy Elder, as follows:

"Today there are many who strive to corrupt everything: the family, the youth, the Church. In our day it’s a true witness to speak up for one’s people, for the state is waging war against divine law. It’s laws are directed against the Law of God.

But we are responsible for not letting the enemies of the Church corrupt everything. Though I’ve heard even priests say: “Don’t get involved in that. It’s none of your business!” If they had reached such a non-striving condition through prayer I would kiss their feet. But no! They’re indifferent because they want to please everyone and live in comfort.

Indifference is unacceptable even for laymen, and all the more so for the clergy. An honest, spiritual man doesn’t do anything with indifference. “Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully”, says the Prophet Jeremiah (Jer. 48:10). There’s a war on today, a holy war. I must be on the front lines. There are so many Marxists, so many Masons, so many Satanists and assorted others! So many possessed, anarchists and seduced ones! I see what awaits us, and it’s painful for me. The bitter taste of human pain is in my mouth.

The spirit of lukewarmness reigns. There’s no manliness at all! We’ve been spoiled for good! How does God still tolerate us? Today’s generation is the generation of indifference. There are no warriors. The majority are fit only for parades.

Godlessness and blasphemy are allowed to appear on television. And the Church is silent and doesn’t excommunicate the blasphemers. And they need to be excommunicated. What are they waiting for? Let’s not wait for someone else to pull the snake out from its hole so that we can live in peace.

They’re silent out of indifference. What’s bad is that even people who’ve got something inside have begun to grow cool, saying: “Can I really do anything to change the situation?” We have to witness our faith with boldness, because if we continue to be silent we’ll have to answer in the end. In these difficult days each must do what’s in their power. And leave what’s out of their power to the will of God. In this way our conscience will be clear.

If we don’t resist, then our ancestors will arise from their graves. They suffered so much for the Fatherland, and we? What are we doing for it?.. If Christians don’t begin to witness their faith, to resist evil, then the destroyers will become even more insolent. But today’s Christians are no warriors. If the Church keeps silent, to avoid conflict with the government, if the metropolitans are silent, if the monks hold their peace, then who will speak up?

Give thanks to God for everything. Try to be manly. Pull yourself together a bit. Do you know what Christians are suffering in other countries? There are such difficulties in Russia! But here many exhibit indifference. There’s not enough disposition to kindness, love of devotion.

You see, if we don’t begin to make war against evil, to expose those who tempt believers, then the evil will grow larger. If we throw aside fear then the faithful will be emboldened a bit. And those who wage war against the Church will have a harder time.

In the past our nation lived spiritually, so God blessed her, and the saints helped us in miraculous fashion. And we were victorious against our enemies, who always outnumbered us. Today we continue to call ourselves Orthodox Christians, but we don’t live Orthodox lives.

A lukewarm clergy lulls the people to sleep, leaves them in their former condition so they won’t be upset. “Look”, they say. “By all means don’t say that there’ll be a war, or the Second Coming, that one must prepare oneself for death. We must not make people alarmed!”

And others speak with a false kindness, saying: “We mustn’t expose heretics and their delusions, so as to show our love for them.” Today’s people are water-soluble. There’s no leaven in them.

If I avoid upsetting myself to protect my fleshly comfort then I’m indifferent to holiness! Spiritual meekness is one thing, and softness and indifference are quite another. Some say: “I’m a Christian and therefore I have to be joyful and calm.” But they’re not Christian. They’re simply indifferent. And their joy is only a worldly joy."

These presuppose that one possesses the proper discernment required to administer correction or to utter messages of the prophetic type.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely we should not be lukewarm or indifferent. Of course, we shouldn’t speak with false kindness. We absolutely cannot condone heresy or falsehood. I don’t think anyone here would disagree with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
These presuppose that one possesses the proper discernment required to administer correction or to utter messages of the prophetic type.
Yes, thank you. They require a disposition of Love; of God and of neighbor, and of spiritual discernment. So, for example, when the Holy Forerunner and Baptist John publically denounced King Herod for his adulterous relationship with his brother Philip's wife (and we should note that none of the Jewish hierarchs were reported to have spoken up about this), his utterances were of the Holy Spirit, and inspired and fueled by Love: Love for God and neighbor, and love of God's Law. If John was proclaiming truth from the spirit of sinful pride and vanity then he would have been a hypocrite, of course. Many would have heard John's judgements and righteous indignation and assumed that he was a prideful religious hypocrite, and this because of the projecting of the evil passions from within their own hearts onto the person of John, and then accusing him of evil passion. But whether a person proclaiming God's Law does so out of Love, or out of hypocrisy, God's Law remains Holy and True. If a civilization legalizes murder of unborn children, and legalizes the use of those children's sacred bodies (the Temple of God) as commodities to be manipulated for worldly gain, and even go on to tout both of these practices which go against God's Law as "good", then we have our work cut out for us, unless we are spiritually indifferent, in which case we will not do or say anything about it, and in so doing we make everything the elder is saying here apply to us directly.

That's why the elder's spiritual counsel, and that of the other Holy Saints, must be heard and we must repent as if there is no tomorrow. If we don't, then we can be pretty certain that there probably will be no tomorrow, except one that looks like hell on earth. I say this because of what I've become aware of in just the last couple of years. There are things I can't even begin to openly write about. But, even if I'm not worthy of being heard, on account of my being a miserable sinner, we need to at least listen to the Saints. They are much more aware, through Divine enlightenment coming from repentance and ascetical labors, and speak from a disposition of Godly righteousness.

"The words of the LORD are flawless,

like silver refined in a furnace,

like gold purified sevenfold.

You, O LORD, will keep us; You will forever guard us from this generation.

The wicked wander freely,

and vileness is exalted among men."
(Psalm 12:6-8)

• Prayers
Reactions: Ezana
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This utterance of the Holy Saint David never gets old, no matter how many times it is prayed:

"Have Mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy steadfast Love
According to Thy abundant mercy, blot out my transgressions
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquities, and cleanse me from my sin
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me
Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in Thy sight
So that Thou art justified in Thy sentence, and blameless in Thy judgment
Behold I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me
Behold, Thou desireth truth in the inward being, therefor teach me wisdom in my secret heart
Purge me with Hyssop and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow
Fill me with joy and gladness; let the bones which Thou hast broken rejoice.
Hide They face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities
Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me
Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit
Then I will teach transgressors Thy ways, and sinners will return unto Thee
Deliver me from blood-guilt, O God, Thou God of my salvation
And my tongue will sing aloud of They deliverance
O Lord, open Thou my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Thy praise
For Thou hast no delight in sacrifice; were I to give a burnt offering Thou wouldst not be pleased
The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit
A broken and contrite heart, O God, Thou will not despise
Do good, O Lord, to Zion, in Thy good pleasure
Rebuild the walls of Jerusalem
Then wilt Thou delight in right sacrifices; in burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings
Then bullocks will be offered upon Thine altar"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Patently false, propaganda.

Not false. My point was that lots of products have used it in development and nothing later while some use it all through development, testing and in production. The point is that if it is used ANYWHERE, you cant say anything, and it has been used in many products used by people and now as an excuse to not get the vaccination. Other vaccinations have used it, vaccinations almost everyone has had already! I am not saying that the moral issue is not relevant, just could be viewed as hypocritical. They have been used in research for multiple products that directly and/or indirectly have resulted from that research. They are used to manufacture many globally important vaccines, including those against measles, rubella, rabies, chicken pox, shingles and hepatitis A. In the past 25 years, fetal cell lines have been used in many medical advances, including the production of an arthritis drug and therapeutic proteins that fight cystic fibrosis and haemophilia.

Helping patients with ethical concerns about COVID-19 vaccines in light of fetal cell lines used in some COVID-19 vaccines

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not false. My point was that lots of products have used it in development and nothing later while some use it all through development, testing and in production. The point is that if it is used ANYWHERE, you cant say anything, and it has been used in many products used by people and now as an excuse to not get the vaccination. Other vaccinations have used it, vaccinations almost everyone has had already! I am not saying that the moral issue is not relevant, just could be viewed as hypocritical. They have been used in research for multiple products that directly and/or indirectly have resulted from that research. They are used to manufacture many globally important vaccines, including those against measles, rubella, rabies, chicken pox, shingles and hepatitis A. In the past 25 years, fetal cell lines have been used in many medical advances, including the production of an arthritis drug and therapeutic proteins that fight cystic fibrosis and haemophilia.

Helping patients with ethical concerns about COVID-19 vaccines in light of fetal cell lines used in some COVID-19 vaccines
The practice must be banned. A single human life -- any single human life -- even be it a mere embryonic mass, is worth more than all the altruism in entire cosmos, along with it's total effects. Why? The short answer is that Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs bestowing life! The long answer has to do precisely with a particular form of selective altruism that various medical practitioners have been doing for awhile now, and with the precise path that led to it. Entrance onto this slippery path requires only the approval of the devaluation of any single human life -- even if that life is just an embryo. Forced Organ Harvesting: “One of the worst mass atrocities of this century”

These empty souls don't even care enough about their victims to give them anesthesia for the procedure. They just chemically immobilize them and force them to helplessly watch and to feel themselves being butchered to death while still alive.

If we don't give an inch, then the evil won't be able to take a mile. So I'm not going to give an inch. I hope that's understandable. I don't want to die. There are some things that I've come to love about this life. But if it comes to it, I'd rather die in great agony from the most horrible of plagues than simply sit and watch as the whole world becomes a slaughter house... again and again. [in peace let us pray to the Lord]

There are other ways to develop medicines. Let us develop and use them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
“Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
“Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”

“I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”

Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Upvote 0