1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

For The Orthodox Faithful Who Are Confused About Covid Vaccines: Orthodox Talks

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by SingularityOne, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Justin-H.S.

Justin-H.S. (Constantine Option)

+1,165
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Andrei D

Andrei D Well-Known Member

+766
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I think one timely thing as of now would be to organize resources (groups of parents, but also other parish members with knowledge and teaching skills; collecting books; drafting a curriculum) to perhaps share the burden of home schooling.

Mandatory vaccination for children is the most concerning part right now, to me at least, because (1) the risk of deadly / disabling vaccine reactions, albeit small, increases with lower age and (2) the risk of deadly / disabling disease decreases into the abysmal the lower the age and (3) vaccines do not (unequivocally) prevent transmission. I can't believe in child sacrifice for the "good of society". I think civilization exists primarily to protect children. If it fails to do so, or requires them to be sacrificed, such a civilization is no longer necessary and acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  3. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,394
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    It's already as you've described, because of the path through which the vaccines exist.

4. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,798
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    I agree. It's frightening that this is happening.

5. Dorothea

+2,798
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    My friend and I were talking yesterday (texting actually in this case) about some St. Paisios' prophecies. She mentioned one where St. Paisios predicted the use of lasers for the mark. She said, "St Paisios also states the mark we are to watch for will be applied by laser to either the head or the arm/hand." It was only a few hours, maybe less, that I heard about this newest development out of the Netherlands. I don't believe in coincidence.

excerpt from the article:

AMSTERDAM, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Researchers in the Netherlands are developing laser technology to enable "virtually painless" injections without needles in what they call a breakthrough that will ease fear and lower the threshold for vaccinations.

The "Bubble Gun" uses a laser to push tiny droplets through the outer layer of the skin, said David Fernandez Rivas, a professor at Twente University and research affiliate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who founded the idea.

'Virtually painless' needle-free injections developed in Netherlands

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,394
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    The myth here, is that any of us has the right to live in this society, since the crime of murdering a child in their mother's womb was made legal. If they have no right to live, neither does anyone else. Once you jump off the top of the hill, there's nothing to stop the downward slide, except friction. I am the friction, because I won't take the vaccine even to spare my own life.

7. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,394
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We have to test the spirits. Ours mustn't be a spirit of fear. Love cast out fear.

8. Justin-H.S.

+1,165
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    More like the spirit of Prometheus.

I cringe whenever the petitions are made for “the scientists, the doctors, and the medical workers on the frontlines fighting the coronavirus against us.” I’m sure the hierarchy is making him include those prayers because after liturgy he joins us at coffee hour sans mask.

I fear televised liturgies of the lockdown inadvertently turned into a tool of the principalities of this world to make sure the parish communities are conforming to their “regulations.”

9. Andrei D

Andrei D Well-Known Member

+766
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We don't have that. Is there a petition for the doctors and medical workers about to lose their livelihood and the ability to help the sick because of the vaccine mandates?

10. Justin-H.S.

+1,165
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    No, there aren't because our hierarchy are pushing the vaccines themselves. (GOARCH)

We stopped hearing those petitions around about May 2021 and it was a welcome relief, but I've noticed that he started reinserting those into the litany about a month ago. I'm not sure if this is considered an "innovation," but it's very cringe inducing.

11. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 864511320 Supporter

+5,099
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    ..the following two petitions continue to be included in “The Litany of Peace” of the Divine Liturgy and the other sacred services:
    “For our deliverance from all affliction, wrath, danger and necessity, and from the peril of the coronavirus against us, let us pray to the Lord.”
    “For our brethren, those who lead the fight against the coronavirus, the doctors, the medical workers and the scientists, let us pray to the Lord.

I don't see anything cringeworthy in those petitions. The prayers in the Litany cover a lot of ground in and out of Orthodoxy/the Church.

12. All4Christ

All4Christ ✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙ CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+7,734
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We also pray for everyone. We don’t just pray for the righteous in the litanies. For example, we always pray for our government, even if the government is pushing things that are combative or contrary to our faith.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,394
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Not in our parish. But the petition for those doctors and other health care workers responding to C-19 are in there sometimes.

14. Dorothea

+2,798
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    You're right. It isn't really fear. But it is disturbing.

15. Dorothea

+2,798
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes. Well, it's obvious for years now the respect for life has gone down exponentially.

16. Dorothea

+2,798
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    I've heard since this pandemic started, from a couple of shows I listen and watch that this won't end. And after watching this, which I knew some of it but not all, it's even more obvious this isn't about caring about people's health.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/exposing-vaccine-passports/

17. FenderTL5

+5,099
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Exactly, I agree and that's what I was referring to by in and out of the Church.
    If praying for healthcare workers makes one cringe, I can only imagine what praying for some present and former government officials must do.

18. Justin-H.S.

+1,165
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Maybe if the language of the petition wasn’t so one-sided, but there’s nothing neutral about those petitions. They’re clearly pushing the mainstream agenda.

I just haven’t bought into it.

It makes sense that the hierarchy bought in, but the Amish or the low-church Protestants haven’t as they’d be considered heterodox as “laity” since they lack a legitimate priesthood. The pattern of reality keeps repeating that the people are the keepers of Orthodoxy in the last days.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  19. FenderTL5

+5,099
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Perhaps the reason I have "bought in" is because I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of deaths due to covid of those I know well.
    That includes the wife of the best man at my wedding (and I his), along with my next door neighbor as a kid, a man who lived in the house I grew up in. His widow still does.
    There's been at least three work colleagues who have passed due to COVID. My dad's wife is on a ventilator right now due to COVID. I can start posting links to obituaries if you must see them. As far as I'm concerned you can take your denial of reality and shove it up your keister.

20. truefiction1

truefiction1 Fool

+2,394
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    The spirit of antichrist has already murdered exponentially more human persons than Covid-19 will ever take, in the last few years alone, and Antichrist will kill even more, through a mandate. That's a reality that we'd have to be blind to not understand.