The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Much of us (the laity) are under the same spell, or are otherwise being led by some false spirit taking yet other forms of expression. Great spiritual care ought to be taken in these here times.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just don’t know what to do except pray and be against forced public vaccinations

I think one timely thing as of now would be to organize resources (groups of parents, but also other parish members with knowledge and teaching skills; collecting books; drafting a curriculum) to perhaps share the burden of home schooling.

Mandatory vaccination for children is the most concerning part right now, to me at least, because (1) the risk of deadly / disabling vaccine reactions, albeit small, increases with lower age and (2) the risk of deadly / disabling disease decreases into the abysmal the lower the age and (3) vaccines do not (unequivocally) prevent transmission. I can't believe in child sacrifice for the "good of society". I think civilization exists primarily to protect children. If it fails to do so, or requires them to be sacrificed, such a civilization is no longer necessary and acceptable.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think one timely thing as of now would be to organize resources (groups of parents, but also other parish members with knowledge and teaching skills; collecting books; drafting a curriculum) to perhaps share the burden of home schooling.

Mandatory vaccination for children is the most concerning part right now, to me at least, because (1) the risk of deadly / disabling vaccine reactions, albeit small, increases with lower age and (2) the risk of deadly / disabling disease decreases into the abysmal the lower the age and (3) vaccines do not (unequivocally) prevent transmission. I can't believe in child sacrifice for the "good of society". I think civilization exists primarily to protect children. If it fails to do so, or requires them to be sacrificed, such a civilization is no longer necessary and acceptable.
It's already as you've described, because of the path through which the vaccines exist.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I agree. It's frightening that this is happening.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My friend and I were talking yesterday (texting actually in this case) about some St. Paisios' prophecies. She mentioned one where St. Paisios predicted the use of lasers for the mark. She said, "St Paisios also states the mark we are to watch for will be applied by laser to either the head or the arm/hand." It was only a few hours, maybe less, that I heard about this newest development out of the Netherlands. I don't believe in coincidence.

excerpt from the article:

AMSTERDAM, Oct 13 (Reuters) - Researchers in the Netherlands are developing laser technology to enable "virtually painless" injections without needles in what they call a breakthrough that will ease fear and lower the threshold for vaccinations.

The "Bubble Gun" uses a laser to push tiny droplets through the outer layer of the skin, said David Fernandez Rivas, a professor at Twente University and research affiliate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who founded the idea.

'Virtually painless' needle-free injections developed in Netherlands

• Informative
Reactions: Antoni
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I agree. It's frightening that this is happening.
The myth here, is that any of us has the right to live in this society, since the crime of murdering a child in their mother's womb was made legal. If they have no right to live, neither does anyone else. Once you jump off the top of the hill, there's nothing to stop the downward slide, except friction. I am the friction, because I won't take the vaccine even to spare my own life.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We have to test the spirits. Ours mustn't be a spirit of fear. Love cast out fear.

More like the spirit of Prometheus.

I cringe whenever the petitions are made for “the scientists, the doctors, and the medical workers on the frontlines fighting the coronavirus against us.” I’m sure the hierarchy is making him include those prayers because after liturgy he joins us at coffee hour sans mask.

I fear televised liturgies of the lockdown inadvertently turned into a tool of the principalities of this world to make sure the parish communities are conforming to their “regulations.”

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I cringe whenever the petitions are made for “the scientists, the doctors, and the medical workers on the frontlines fighting the coronavirus against us.” I’m sure the hierarchy is making him include those prayers because after liturgy he joins us at coffee hour sans mask.

We don't have that. Is there a petition for the doctors and medical workers about to lose their livelihood and the ability to help the sick because of the vaccine mandates?

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We don't have that. Is there a petition for the doctors and medical workers about to lose their livelihood and the ability to help the sick because of the vaccine mandates?

No, there aren't because our hierarchy are pushing the vaccines themselves. (GOARCH)

We stopped hearing those petitions around about May 2021 and it was a welcome relief, but I've noticed that he started reinserting those into the litany about a month ago. I'm not sure if this is considered an "innovation," but it's very cringe inducing.

• Prayers
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm not sure if this is considered an "innovation," but it's very cringe inducing.
..the following two petitions continue to be included in “The Litany of Peace” of the Divine Liturgy and the other sacred services:
“For our deliverance from all affliction, wrath, danger and necessity, and from the peril of the coronavirus against us, let us pray to the Lord.”
“For our brethren, those who lead the fight against the coronavirus, the doctors, the medical workers and the scientists, let us pray to the Lord.

I don't see anything cringeworthy in those petitions. The prayers in the Litany cover a lot of ground in and out of Orthodoxy/the Church.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
..the following two petitions continue to be included in “The Litany of Peace” of the Divine Liturgy and the other sacred services:
“For our deliverance from all affliction, wrath, danger and necessity, and from the peril of the coronavirus against us, let us pray to the Lord.”
“For our brethren, those who lead the fight against the coronavirus, the doctors, the medical workers and the scientists, let us pray to the Lord.

I don't see anything cringeworthy in those petitions. The prayers in the Litany cover a lot of ground in and out of Orthodoxy/the Church.
We also pray for everyone. We don’t just pray for the righteous in the litanies. For example, we always pray for our government, even if the government is pushing things that are combative or contrary to our faith.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not in our parish. But the petition for those doctors and other health care workers responding to C-19 are in there sometimes.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We have to test the spirits. Ours mustn't be a spirit of fear. Love cast out fear.
You're right. It isn't really fear. But it is disturbing.

• Agree
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The myth here, is that any of us has the right to live in this society, since the crime of murdering a child in their mother's womb was made legal. If they have no right to live, neither does anyone else. Once you jump off the top of the hill, there's nothing to stop the downward slide, except friction. I am the friction, because I won't take the vaccine even to spare my own life.
Yes. Well, it's obvious for years now the respect for life has gone down exponentially.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've heard since this pandemic started, from a couple of shows I listen and watch that this won't end. And after watching this, which I knew some of it but not all, it's even more obvious this isn't about caring about people's health.

https://thehighwire.com/videos/exposing-vaccine-passports/

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We also pray for everyone. We don’t just pray for the righteous in the litanies. For example, we always pray for our government, even if the government is pushing things that are combative or contrary to our faith.
Exactly, I agree and that's what I was referring to by in and out of the Church.
If praying for healthcare workers makes one cringe, I can only imagine what praying for some present and former government officials must do.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Maybe if the language of the petition wasn’t so one-sided, but there’s nothing neutral about those petitions. They’re clearly pushing the mainstream agenda.

I just haven’t bought into it.

It makes sense that the hierarchy bought in, but the Amish or the low-church Protestants haven’t as they’d be considered heterodox as “laity” since they lack a legitimate priesthood. The pattern of reality keeps repeating that the people are the keepers of Orthodoxy in the last days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I just haven’t bought into it.
Perhaps the reason I have "bought in" is because I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of deaths due to covid of those I know well.
That includes the wife of the best man at my wedding (and I his), along with my next door neighbor as a kid, a man who lived in the house I grew up in. His widow still does.
There's been at least three work colleagues who have passed due to COVID. My dad's wife is on a ventilator right now due to COVID. I can start posting links to obituaries if you must see them. As far as I'm concerned you can take your denial of reality and shove it up your keister.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the reason I have "bought in" is because I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of deaths due to covid of those I know well.
That includes the wife of the best man at my wedding (and I his), along with my next door neighbor as a kid, a man who lived in the house I grew up in. His widow still does.
There's been at least three work colleagues who have passed due to COVID. My dad's wife is on a ventilator right now due to COVID. I can start posting links to obituaries if you must see them. As far as I'm concerned you can take your denial of reality and shove it up your keister.
The spirit of antichrist has already murdered exponentially more human persons than Covid-19 will ever take, in the last few years alone, and Antichrist will kill even more, through a mandate. That's a reality that we'd have to be blind to not understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0