Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Happy Birthday bro. I rather like fantasy but I don't know if there is enough interest to support a seperate forum. Better to have a few threads on the subject within the main forum. To clarify matters the title of the forum coild be changed to sci fi and fantasy.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
well, fantasy... supernatural stuff
sci-fic... supernatural in a way. Think about it, technology that cannot be achieved in this age without the resources described in the book. And not all sci-fic tech is based on modern day science anyway *swirl imagination into the cup*

science fiction and fantasy, I treat them as two extremes of a spectrum that are linked by the obvious thread that either one could happen in real life (in terms of setting). One in the past, and one in the future.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Telrunya said:
Can you make a sub forum for fantasy since it really doesn't seem to have a place here. I noticed they made a sub forum for reformationist under the non denominational forum in Congregations. Thanks

I was on a fantasy forum years ago. It became so clogged with Wheel Of Timers, that WoT got it's own sub forum! :D

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AirPo said:
I was on a fantasy forum years ago. It became so clogged with Wheel Of Timers, that WoT got it's own sub forum! :D
*groans*

I'm all for a fantasy forum, but if that's what we have to look forward to... :scratch: :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
no idea, Erwin's pretty busy right now. If more people express an interest in the new 'fantasy forum' suggestion thread, it'll probably get his attention. :)

David Eddings, Piers Anthony, Wheel of Time.. i've read all those, and used to think they're the top bunch.

But, reading Steven Erikson's have completely blown me away.
You guys've got to read his Malazan series if you're looking for something truly epic. I think Wheel of Time might come close.. but still not close enough.

however.. they're still my favourite books. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
If you guys want good fantasy, get hold of Stephen Lawheads work especially the Pendragon Cycle based on the Arthurian legends and the Song of Albion trilogy based around the Celtic Otherworld. Classics. And he also wrote what I am told is a very good sci fi book called 'Empyrion' or something like that.

Upvote 0