For St. Vincent residents, being unvaccinated can mean life or death...

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In St. Vincent, the COVID vaccine can be a lifesaver in more ways than one. The small Caribbean island experienced a volcanic eruption, but neighboring islands will only accept evacuees and refugees who have been vaccinated for COVID.
I never thought twice about getting the vaccine at the very earliest opportunity, but I encounter people every day who adamantly refuse.
I found the article interesting because I recognize that being unvaccinated will place limits on people's lives--even if only travel-related--but in the case of the St. Vincent evacuees, it could be a matter of life and death itself.

St. Vincent Volcano: Only those vaccinated for COVID-19 can evacuate - PM - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When my parents came to the US over 30 years ago they had no complaints about having to show proof of up-to-date vaccinations. I'm not exactly sure why people are making a thing out of this now except for politics.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
When my parents came to the US over 30 years ago they had no complaints about having to show proof of up-to-date vaccinations. I'm not exactly sure why people are making a thing out of this now except for politics.
How many of those vaccinations were experimental?

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is not political my friend. It is a matter of conscience.Some want to depopulate the planet. And how they plan to do it nobody knows.
What is Written on the Georgia Guidestones? | The TV Traveler
Georgia Guidestones Text
Here is what is written on the Georgia Guidestones:
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The other islands' desire to keep their citizens safe is population sustaining.

The unvaccinated are the ones who lack care and concern for the lives of others. I am sure they never expected to need to seek sanctuary elsewhere, but I cannot blame the other islands for protecting them.

I've told people they are being asked to take a little shot--not have major surgery!

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree with barring evacuating people unless they are vaccinated. If the host country is worried about it then quarantine the unvaccinated when they arrive, but to deny them even the ability to escape almost immediate and much more certain death to lessen the risk of much fewer overall deaths in the long term to me is unreasonable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am assuming that these island nations have limited resources and might not be able to handle quarantining refugees without help from larger nations.

They might also be suffering problems from air pollution, etc. Planes might not be flying in and out. The atmosphere may be inhospitable to tourism, their sole source of revenue.

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I thought “show me your papers” was a bad thing.

... I thought show me your papers was a good thing until I read this, lol.

What, it's good to deny people the ability to flee a natural catastrophe because they didn't get a vaccine? Very odd, unless the fleeing truly is totally unnecessary, at which point it is the right of their neighbors to require whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow! They have a lot of exterminating to do! Isn't the current world population almost 8 billion?
Umm Hmm. The scriptures have warned us. Vaccination is one way to accomplish this.I am NOT saying the covid-19 vaccination is that though. Please don't get me wrong.
Rev.6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Rev.13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I thought “show me your papers” was a bad thing.
For crossing national borders? Not really.

(tho I did really like the EU open border zone as a tourist. Saved a ton of fuss. Obvioulsly still have to show passport at your first point of entry.)

Upvote 0