✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I'm glad I get to be on CF bc I'm a Christian but when I'm on other forums there are athiests and agnostics and there are questions and people who are against Christ. They will say among themselves for example, why can't i believe in other belief systems and i have said a long time ago but i didn't repeat it again that other religions don't claim that they're God and also said not that long ago that there is historical evidence of the bible. Then i was told 'don't listen to that, it's not true', or sth like that. I would like to know if both these things I'm saying is true and what do other believers have to say about this? Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Tayla

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi,
I'm glad I get to be on CF bc I'm a Christian but when I'm on other forums there are athiests and agnostics and there are questions and people who are against Christ. They will say among themselves for example, why can't i believe in other belief systems and i have said a long time ago but i didn't repeat it again that other religions don't claim that they're God and also said not that long ago that there is historical evidence of the bible. Then i was told 'don't listen to that, it's not true', or sth like that. I would like to know if both these things I'm saying is true and what do other believers have to say about this? Thanks a lot!
Work on your interactive relationship with God directly. After a couple years of that you will be unable to hear people claim your God is not real.
No one can take a prayer relationship away from your reality.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What specifically are you referring to? I am having difficulty understanding what you are asking about. There is a lot of evidence of the historic claims of Christianity, while many other religions essentially hold similar ideas of historicity - just not as well supported: for instance, the Romans thought Saturn once ruled Italy directly, or Ra Egypt, and the Japanese claim that their Emperor is a direct descendant of the sun goddess Amaterasu's grandson that descended from Heaven.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My question is that from people who r Anti-Christ, they will talk among themselves or to you and say 'Why can't we believe in other systems of beliefs', and i have said that there is historical evidence of the bible and that other system of beliefs don't claim that they r God. is what I'm saying true? I was told not to listen to it and that it's not true and i was also told that i think it was Muslims believe in sth else and that it is the one true God but i don't believe in it bc there's violence, not the gospel of peace.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
when I'm on other forums there are athiests and agnostics and there are questions and people who are against Christ
There are plenty of these here too, as you will soon notice.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What specifically are you referring to? I am having difficulty understanding what you are asking about. There is a lot of evidence of the historic claims of Christianity, while many other religions essentially hold similar ideas of historicity - just not as well supported: for instance, the Romans thought Saturn once ruled Italy directly, or Ra Egypt, and the Japanese claim that their Emperor is a direct descendant of the sun goddess Amaterasu's grandson that descended from Heaven.
how do you say Christianity is well-supported? is it the historic altars in countries or what else? Thanks, anyone can reply

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
See "Evidence that demands a verdict" and its sequel.

Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell
Evidence That Demands a Verdict has 2,568 ratings and 64 reviews. ... as notes as opposed to being written in prose to make it easier see the evidence that McDowell ...
Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell

Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell ...
However, as many proofs as McDowell cites in this book, they pale beside its sequel, 'More Evidence That Demands a Verdict'. Here the proofs are so prolific that it is only suited for the reference book portion of your library.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
how do you say Christianity is well-supported? is it the historic altars in countries or what else? Thanks, anyone can reply
Very broad question. On historic grounds, the Gospels are 1st century texts by any reckoning, multiple Roman texts mentioning early Christians and beliefs, etc. That Jesus was an historic personage and Christianity arose in the 1st century, few doubt; but ultimately the claim of Christianity rests on the claim of Jesus' resurrection, which must be faith-based. You either trust the witnesses, or you don't, but they are legitimate 1st century witnesses.

Upvote 0

Stephen Douglas

Feb 8, 2016
New Kent Virginia
✟21,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is almost no dispute that Jesus lived, that he was crucified by decree of Pontius Pilate and had followers even after his death. These are minimal facts supported by historical sources. The other issue was concerning the Christian acceptance of other belief systems. Belief must be based on something. An empty tomb and hundreds of martyrs who followed this risen Christ is some pretty compelling evidence. Any belief system that does not recognize evidence is not one that I can practically or emotionally aspire.

Doug

Upvote 0