For Our Friends On This Forum Who Are Cheerleaders For The Left (You Know Who You Are)

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The media trust gap between conservatives and liberals continues to grow. Here's why (msn.com)

Can we be finally honest about the news that is fed to us daily by many, many news organizations. People who have a somewhat conservative view in life are bombarded by the news media headlines that tend to incorporate liberal views into news story. Hence, the reason so many people watch FOX News and read other conservative news sources.

The conservative media just tells the news story from a different point of view than most of the liberal mainstream media. So for those who champion the liberal side of news stories, yes in your eyes, the news story may be authentically true but to a conservative it may be rubbish and vice versa. Lets try harder to respect the others point of view and not act like barbarians who try to destroy everything decent for ones own gain.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
act like barbarians who try to destroy everything decent for ones own gain.

Is that linked to the comments about the media, or something else?

To compete, conservative north America needs to come up with quality alternatives. Conservatives in the UK have a press as good as the liberal and centrist counterparts, for whatever reason though the US conservative press rarely gets past engaging in its own narrow radius of opinion. The answer to your conundrum is that US conservatives need to step up with something that can be taken seriously, like The Spectator or The Telegraph in the UK.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

To compete, conservative north America needs to come up with quality alternatives. Conservatives in the UK have a press as good as the liberal and centrist counterparts, for whatever reason though the US conservative press rarely gets past engaging in its own narrow radius of opinion. The answer to your conundrum is that US conservatives need to step up with something that can be taken seriously, like The Spectator or The Telegraph in the UK.
Yep. Appeals to give alternative facts the same credence as actual reality aren't going to work.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The media trust gap between conservatives and liberals continues to grow. Here's why (msn.com)

Can we be finally honest about the news that is fed to us daily by many, many news organizations. People who have a somewhat conservative view in life are bombarded by the news media headlines that tend to incorporate liberal views into news story. Hence, the reason so many people watch FOX News and read other conservative news sources.

The conservative media just tells the news story from a different point of view than most of the liberal mainstream media. So for those who champion the liberal side of news stories, yes in your eyes, the news story may be authentically true but to a conservative it may be rubbish and vice versa. Lets try harder to respect the others point of view and not act like barbarians who try to destroy everything decent for ones own gain.
Generally, such criticism is better received when it is addressed to both sides equally. It kind of defeats your "lets get together" message if you expect one side to "get together" and the other side can apparantely stay where it is.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Generally, such criticism is better received when it is addressed to both sides equally. It kind of defeats your "lets get together" message if you expect one side to "get together" and the other side can apparantely stay where it is.

I would agree with you if we in the US had an even split of conservative and liberal news media presenting the news to us everyday. Unfortunately, almost all of the local news organizations take their news stories from either the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, or Hollywood so all one hears parroted throughout the US is liberal slants to the news. The only place to get a conservative slant to the news is FOX (and I agree they too over due it on the conservative side but there is not much else). I would love to see a news media come around that would give both sides of the story and then let me decide but again what we get is one side very well reported and the other side a third graders response.

On top of things, we have the responses of the liberal sided people who call conservatives mean-spirited, fascist, racist, misogynist, deniers, and so on. Its funny how alot of the liberal-minded called for people to stop bullying others when those same people are the biggest bullies around.

It is very divisive here in the US and I don't see it getting any better. If there was a better place to live where people cared for one another more (and God) I would go there (and I'm researching that area). God bless, my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would agree with you if we in the US had an even split of conservative and liberal news media presenting the news to us everyday. Unfortunately, almost all of the local news organizations take their news stories from either the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, or Hollywood so all one hears parroted throughout the US is liberal slants to the news. The only place to get a conservative slant to the news is FOX (and I agree they too over due it on the conservative side but there is not much else). I would love to see a news media come around that would give both sides of the story and then let me decide but again what we get is one side very well reported and the other side a third graders response.

On top of things, we have the responses of the liberal sided people who call conservatives mean-spirited, fascist, racist, misogynist, deniers, and so on. Its funny how alot of the liberal-minded called for people to stop bullying others when those same people are the biggest bullies around.

It is very divisive here in the US and I don't see it getting any better. If there was a better place to live where people cared for one another more (and God) I would go there (and I'm researching that area). God bless, my friend.

People will always speak from their worldview and perspective and can not otherwise do so. There is nothing neutral anywhere ever and it is impossible that it should be so. Honestly there is nothing wrong with that, one just has to be aware of it. And for Christians the "right side" is the one closest to God's perspective on things, for that is the only objectively correct POV.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I would love to see a news media come around that would give both sides of the story and then let me decide but again what we get is one side very well reported and the other side a third graders response.

If well reported news seems to lean liberal, well, that's just reality talking.

On top of things, we have the responses of the liberal sided people who call conservatives mean-spirited, fascist, racist, misogynist, deniers, and so on.

Who said these things? What was it in response to conservatives saying?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

FOX is hardly what I would call conservative. Some of it is. They slant things left too, maybe just to stay out of trouble, I think, though I hear they are owned by leftists, too. I don't know.

It kind of reminds me of something that happened to a very elderly uncle of mine: He put up a 4x8 plywood sign ("Vote Bush") in his front lawn, and someone threw gas on it, and set it on fire. So he made another one, and they did it to that one, too. The local news came by, and did an interview with him about it, telling him that they had heard a large number of complaints of such vandalism, and that their report on it would air on such and such a date. The date came and went and he called them up to find out why the report never came. They told him that they had heard no complaints of such vandalism to Democrat's signs, so they were unable to present a fair and balanced report!

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree with your analysis. I am a conservative yet I can barely stomach any so called conservative news stations. Just painful to me for some reason. I imagine some will think I am not conservative however I am against abortion and same sex marriage, which are the staples of conservatism. I just can't handle the hate, I guess.
Blessings.

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with your analysis. I am a conservative yet I can barely stomach any so called conservative news stations. Just painful to me for some reason. I imagine some will think I am not conservative however I am against abortion and same sex marriage, which are the staples of conservatism. I just can't handle the hate, I guess.
Blessings.
Yes, it is no longer about simply reporting from a different perspective. They have to stick a knife in with attitude.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Cheerleader? Why, I'm on the team!

But to the point... Sure, there are opinions. But there are also facts. If you are shopping for the news outlets that give you the 'facts' that you want to see, then you are just shopping for pleasing lies. We've all (I hope) seen the media bias charts - there's several of them, and they all are very similar. Stay near the peak! There's plenty of garbage on both the left and the right flanks.

media-bias-chart_4.0_8_28_2018-min-1200x927.jpg

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But to the point... Sure, there are opinions. But there are also facts. If you are shopping for the news outlets that give you the 'facts' that you want to see, then you are just shopping for pleasing lies. We've all (I hope) seen the media bias charts - there's several of them, and they all are very similar. Stay near the peak! There's plenty of garbage on both the left and the right flanks.

Thanks for this! I just signed up on AP.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Many conservatives would discount this chart on the pure basis that CNN is in the "fair interpretation of the news" rectangle.

I'm also missing "natural news". Maybe it's outside of the scale, in the lower right corner obviously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people, including independents like myself, demand truth from the media and leadership in America. It only seems like media is propagating liberal views because one side has abandoned truth altogether. Their leadership has decided to follow the mob and spout dogma and propaganda rather than lead constituents to the reality of truth. And sadly, many Americans would rather hear the dogma if the truth is painful.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

There are plenty of outlets for conservative news and analysis- the problem is that they’re almost all garbage. Lib outlets span a wide range of quality, but conservative outlets gravitate towards mindless hysterical clickbait. If conservative outlets covered the same quality ground as lib-leaning outlets, this yellow circle wouldn’t be so empty:

C0A79A69-E527-472D-B099-66BE1CE71B8B.jpeg

Mainstream news rooms may skew too much to the left, but it’s entirely the fault of conservative media and conservative audiences that no respectable conservative outlets have risen to challenge them. It’s not like there isn’t plenty of money on the right to do something like this well.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Many people, including independents like myself, demand truth from the media and leadership in America. It only seems like media is propagating liberal views because one side has abandoned truth altogether. Their leadership has decided to follow the mob and spout dogma and propaganda rather than lead constituents to the reality of truth. And sadly, many Americans would rather hear the dogma if the truth is painful.

I would say that this is mainly because traditionally conservative news sources are moving away from conservatism and into Trumpism. Trumpism is full of misinformation and conspiracy theories, and should not be confused with conservatism.

And this really messes up the media chart, because it's no longer a spectrum from liberal to conservative.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

upload_2021-9-6_22-31-55.png

Upvote 0