Jan 22, 2005
✟450,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I received a text from him that he had been hit by a deer on his way to work this morning. Took out a headlight and the van needs a new hood but is still drivable. He didn't send me any pictures but I can only imagine the damage that has been done. We've been talking about getting a new vehicle anyway. God just has the weirdest ways about doing this. Similar thing like this has happened before.

He's usually a stable person about these things and I'm the one feeling shook up. It amazes me that he can still attain the ability to stay so focused at work and make it through the day.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I received a text from him that he had been hit by a deer on his way to work this morning. Took out a headlight and the van needs a new hood but is still drivable. He didn't send me any pictures but I can only imagine the damage that has been done. We've been talking about getting a new vehicle anyway. God just has the weirdest ways about doing this. Similar thing like this has happened before.

He's usually a stable person about these things and I'm the one feeling shook up. It amazes me that he can still attain the ability to stay so focused at work and make it through the day.

:heart: Praying for your husband, that he will be ok, and praying for you too, and that God, in His wondrous bounty and goodness provides both of you what you need in a new vehicle. Praising God that he was not hurt. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:heart: Praying for your husband, that he will be ok, and praying for you too, and that God, in His wondrous bounty and goodness provides both of you what you need in a new vehicle. Praising God that he was not hurt. (((hug)))
Joining in prayer for your husband,

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟450,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, everyone! He's doing good and isn't physically hurt and not even that shook up. There were 2 deer. He slowed down already once he saw them, one went across while the other couldn't decide whether to stay or go. She made the leap and got knocked. Dazed for a bit and staggered off. Kicked out a headlight and the bug deflector flew off and a little bit of crumpled hood. He already has a mechanic lined up for repairs which hopefully can be done in a short amount of time and with minimal finances.

We are very grateful it wasn't any worse! I do have a car so if a backup vehicle is needed for him to get to work, it's all good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed

Upvote 0