Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Number one Ohio State falls to Illinois . . . at home . . . 28-21. And LSU (the number 2 ranked team in the country, for those of you who may not be college football fans), is currently fighting for their lives against in-state rivals Lousiana Tech (who are unranked). BUT . . . IF LSU hangs on (which I predict they will), they WILL be playing for a NATIONAL TITLE.

Thoughts? Comments? Steve????

(I really hope LSU ends up in the BCS Championsip game. I'd hope this even if my buddy Steve didn't claim to have some sort of affiliation with LSU.:D )

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't say LSU is fighting for their lives. Up 10-0 in the first quarter. One thing to consider is that while Arkansas and Ole Miss should pose no challenge for LSU, they still have to play the SEC championship game against (listed in order of likelihood) Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, or Kentucky.

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
I wouldn't say LSU is fighting for their lives. Up 10-0 in the first quarter. One thing to consider is that while Arkansas and Ole Miss should pose no challenge for LSU, they still have to play the SEC championship game against (listed in order of likelihood) Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, or Kentucky.
You may be right. Maybe I just want to make Steve a little more nervous than he already is. ;) And I'm PRETTY sure he already is. :cool:

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LSU is playing sloppy but they played sloppy in the first half against Tulane. Hopefully, it is not another cardiac finish. Sunday Coach Miles was in church and I told him that he really needed to invest in cardiac trauma centers in Baton Rouge. His response was, "I will need one for myself."

I do appreciate the support, Dave!

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
LSU is playing sloppy but they played sloppy in the first half against Tulane. Hopefully, it is not another cardiac finish. Sunday Coach Miles was in church and I told him that he really needed to invest in cardiac trauma centers in Baton Rouge. His response was, "I will need one for myself."

I do appreciate the support, Dave!
My suggestion: Install de-fibulators (spelling?) in chuch. LOL

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My suggestion: Install de-fibulators (spelling?) in chuch. LOL

Only when I am preaching.

Hey were you insinuating that I fib in the pulpit? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me too. I just would prefer if Nick Saban was still there . . . being a MICHIGAN man (whether State or U of M). ;)

Even still, I'm happy for them. :)

Saban was a great coach at LSU. Not an easy person to follow.

I respect the humility of Coach Miles and the way he treats his wife and kids.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to like Les Miles. I'm a Kentucky fan, and was at the game this year. We Kentucky fans flooded the field after the win so that the coaches were unable to do the usual midfield meeting and handshake. 45 minutes later, after everything had calmed down and the post game locker room speeches were over, Miles hunted down Kentucky's coach Rich Brooks to shake his hand and congratulate him on the win. So yeah, I respect the guy.

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to like Les Miles. I'm a Kentucky fan, and was at the game this year. We Kentucky fans flooded the field after the win so that the coaches were unable to do the usual midfield meeting and handshake. 45 minutes later, after everything had calmed down and the post game locker room speeches were over, Miles hunted down Kentucky's coach Rich Brooks to shake his hand and congratulate him on the win. So yeah, I respect the guy.

That is pretty classy.

Upvote 0

BillH

Be not afraid!
Apr 3, 2005
Columbia, South Carolina, USA
✟27,958.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I remember the glory days of, ehm, about four weeks ago, when it looked like they would play South Carolina in the championship. :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davidnic

Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Poor Penn State...maybe next year.

Doesn't LSU have an SEC championship game? Likely against Georgia?

I would like to see LSU Vs Oregon

But I think if Kansas beats Oklahoma in the big 12 Championship game then it will be Kansas vs LSU (not sure how possible that is, Kansas has a good offense but I'm not buying them yet.)

If both LSU and Kansas it would be likely Oklahoma vs Oregon

I really want a playoff system :)

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
USC has nowhere to go but up. They're young, and they made waves in the SEC this year. The SEC is going ot be really interesting soon. LSU is clearly on top. Florida is going to be very, very tough to beat in the next couple of years... they're very young right now. Alabama is rising. Teams like USC, Kentucky, and Mississippi St. are getting good and beating traditional powers. It is gonna be fun.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
USC has nowhere to go but up. They're young, and they made waves in the SEC this year. The SEC is going ot be really interesting soon. LSU is clearly on top. Florida is going to be very, very tough to beat in the next couple of years... they're very young right now. Alabama is rising. Teams like USC, Kentucky, and Mississippi St. are getting good and beating traditional powers. It is gonna be fun.

Yuppers... One thing good about USC is that they are good at recruiting and USC is an excellent University and sells itself pretty much. I just hope that they abide by the rules in how they recruit so that they don't get into trouble AGAIN! LOL

I do like LSU too. We have family in Louisiana and LSU is probably my 2nd favorite University.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.