For Humility

The Israelites had a chronic problem of pride. They continually failed to admit their need for God and Choose to trust in their own strenght instead. Time and time again, God had to show them the foolishness of their ways. He had to humble them for their own good. In Deuteronomy 8: 16-18, Moses reminded the Israelites of the importance of humilty.

He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. He did it so you would never think that it was your own strength and energy that made you wealthy. Always remember that it is the Lord your God who gives you power to become rich, and he does it to fulfill the convenant he made with your ancestors.

Proverbs 11:2 offers a simple truth we can hold onto-if we humble ourselves before God, we will gain wisdom.

God works best through humble people. When we admit that we are helpless and hopeless without him, God can use to do great things for his Kingdom. James 4:10 says:

When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.

God hears the prayers of the humble(2 Chronicles 7:14)

God supports humble people(Psalm 147:6)

Be humble in dealing with others(Phillippians 2:1-11).

Lord keep me Humble. :bow:

Cherylq :pray:

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen Cheryl. Humility is something that we aren't taught as often as we should be. We live in a generation that is ruled by the "pride of life". When I think about humility I think about Job. I love that book. Do you remember the story? I'm putting up a post about it now..

Upvote 0

nomad

Mar 7, 2003
Minneapolis
Visit site
✟570.00
Today at 07:41 AM cherylq said this in Post #1

The Israelites had a chronic problem of pride. They continually failed to admit their need for God and Choose to trust in their own strenght instead. Time and time again, God had to show them the foolishness of their ways. He had to humble them for their own good. In Deuteronomy 8: 16-18, Moses reminded the Israelites of the importance of humilty.

He fed you with manna in the wilderness, a food unknown to your ancestors. He did this to humble you and test you for your own good. He did it so you would never think that it was your own strength and energy that made you wealthy. Always remember that it is the Lord your God who gives you power to become rich, and he does it to fulfill the convenant he made with your ancestors.

Proverbs 11:2 offers a simple truth we can hold onto-if we humble ourselves before God, we will gain wisdom.

God works best through humble people. When we admit that we are helpless and hopeless without him, God can use to do great things for his Kingdom. James 4:10 says:

When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.

God hears the prayers of the humble(2 Chronicles 7:14)

God supports humble people(Psalm 147:6)

Be humble in dealing with others(Phillippians 2:1-11).

Lord keep me Humble. :bow:

Cherylq :pray:

Excellent, simply excellent.  I am nothing but with you I can do all things.  Thank you Lord for this post and the one who wrote it.

Upvote 0

OracleX

Healer of Broken Hearts
Jan 17, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟9,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Humility I believe is one of the hardest things for humans to learn. It seems to go against everything that is being taught or displayed around us. Humility in todays socitity is almost looked on as a weakness and not a treasured trait. Even in our walk with God, it is hard to be humble. It is hard to lay down those things that are sources of pride in our lives. But when it comes down to it, as Christians, all that we have that is good is provided by God. All that we posses, is only by the grace of God. Our jobs, our homes, our wife, our children, our family, our knowledge and understanding - everything that is good is from God.

Here are some passages that I feel speak to or around this topic.

Exodus 10:3 "And Moses and Aaron came in unto Pharaoh, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thyself before me? let my people go, that they may serve me."
How often have we been like Pharaoh and not humbled ourselves before God in a matter in our life.

Deuteronomy 8:2-3 "And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."
Don't ignore God working in our lives. The times that He tries to humble us, are the times that He is trying to teach us something of great importance.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place."
True humility is also accompanied with prayer, seeking God, and turning from our sins. We can not become humble people of God without these things.

Proverbs 29:23 "A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit."
How many times has God brought us down because of pride? How many have felt the joy of being used by God to do His work?

1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:"
All is in Gods timing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for your posting – very good. I see that the reason for a wilderness experience is humbleness

(Deu 8:2)
And you shall remember all the way which Jehovah your God led you these forty years in the wilderness in order to humble you, to prove you, to know what is in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

Another reason to humble ourselves.

(2Ch 7:14)
If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Upvote 0

reeann

Trust and Obey
Nov 11, 2002
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phil 2:
4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature[1] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature[2] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death--
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Upvote 0

reeann

Trust and Obey
Nov 11, 2002
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father God:
Thank you for the conviction you sent to my heart this weekend. I now see where I stumbled before. Serving others is a heart action of humility and should not be about "ME"...but to bring glory to You Father. I praise You for bringing me to this place, and ask that the Spirit strengten me in living like Christ, our example of servant in complete humility and submission to You. Help season my words, thoughts and actions with the right heart motive Father so that I may have the heart of the servant like Jesus taught us, continue to purify me for Your service, in the grace of Jesus I pray. Amen

Thank you all here. I am pretty sure I found my church family this weekend. Its a newly established church just ten minutes down the road from me. I felt like I had come home. I'm very excited adn know that you all have been praying for me. blessings to you.

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today at 02:56 PM reeann said this in Post #13

Father God:
Thank you for the conviction you sent to my heart this weekend. I now see where I stumbled before. Serving others is a heart action of humility and should not be about "ME"...but to bring glory to You Father. I praise You for bringing me to this place, and ask that the Spirit strengten me in living like Christ, our example of servant in complete humility and submission to You. Help season my words, thoughts and actions with the right heart motive Father so that I may have the heart of the servant like Jesus taught us, continue to purify me for Your service, in the grace of Jesus I pray. Amen

AMEN

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lil_god_lova

<b><font color="#0900ff">God chaser!!</font></b>
Oct 28, 2002
✟8,631.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok guys a question about it. i long to have humility and have no pride when i use the music ministery however i keep falling in to it. how can i stay out for good. i have no idea how to be unprideful even tho i'vetried and tried i can't find a way yot do it.

Upvote 0