Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday one of the UK Priests was out for a cycle run in not brilliant weather :( He was badly needing this break.

Sadly while going down an incline in a very beautiful part of the North of England he was caught by a patch of wet leaves and crashed into a stone wall.

He was helicoptered out of there and is lying in Hospital with [ according to his brother ] 3 fractured vertebrae, a fractured rib and a punctured lung .

Today he will be getting scans etc - till then he is lying immobile and in a lot of pain till they can fully assess his injuries .

I know Fr James well - a great priest , and a father to 4 boys and 1 girl.

Please keep him in your prayers. The UGCC have no other priests in Wales [ where Father is based ] and he has a small , growing Parish there.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Father is having surgery tomorrow, at least part of which will be putting a metal band around one of the vertebrae which has split in two.

I have no news if there is any degree of paralysis etc as yet.

Prayers continue

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've an update just now from my GodPapa who got it from Fr James son

<The surgery was a success and he’s recovering quite well apparently, but he’s still relying on drugs and oxygen (I’ll check in with him soon, and if there’re any updates then I’ll let you know). I believe the injury count was upped to 4 vertebrae and 6 ribs, plus the lung...>>

The poor man - may the Lord grant him freedom from pain and swift healing :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've just received an update - posted by Father himself

<<
Posted by Fr :

I have woken up to the most pain since my accident. I am now on the ward that I have been supposed to be on since surgery, and it is chaos by comparison to HDU, where I have spent the last week. The medical care is good, but I have been told that I will be here in xxxxx for at least another week, and that I shall experience pain across my upper body for 6 to 8 weeks. There seems to be a fine line between physical life and death, and if this is visible anywhere, it must surely be on the neurology ward, where everyone has undergone brain or spinal surgery, and where we are in an equal amount of pain. To think that, just over a week ago, I was healthy and lifting my kids and riding my bike, and I am now reduced to nurses checking whether or not I am able to squeeze their fingers and whether or not I can make the 10 metre journey to the toilets unassisted....

Lord have mercy !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My understanding from the latest update from Father himself - that he will be in Hospital for at least another week. He took a selfie and posted it - and believe me , in the words of my GodPapa << It ain't pretty >> -yes I've seen the pic and I'm horrified :(

It will be clearly some time before Father is fit enough to Serve

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My understanding from the latest update from Father himself - that he will be in Hospital for at least another week. He took a selfie and posted it - and believe me , in the words of my GodPapa << It ain't pretty >> -yes I've seen the pic and I'm horrified :(

It will be clearly some time before Father is fit enough to Serve

thanks for the update, continued prayers!

Upvote 0