Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some of my friends are in a relationship and the age difference is 2-4 years, not much more..

I'm 19 now so I will definitely not date anyone 5 years younger than me. In a couple of years it's not such a problem anymore but I prefer to date anyone only three years younger or older. 10 years older or younger just sounds werd to me :p

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some of my friends are in a relationship and the age difference is 2-4 years, not much more..

I'm 19 now so I will definitely not date anyone 5 years younger than me. In a couple of years it's not such a problem anymore but I prefer to date anyone only three years younger or older. 10 years older or younger just sounds werd to me :p

My father was 19 when he started dating my mother. She was 14. But, those were different time and my grandfather was a violent, former POW. They never "went out" on a date. A date for them was a meal at her parents house, then sitting on the front porch until it was time for my father to leave.

Upvote 0

Orange Crow

Aug 16, 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My father was 19 when he started dating my mother. She was 14. But, those were different time and my grandfather was a violent, former POW. They never "went out" on a date. A date for them was a meal at her parents house, then sitting on the front porch until it was time for my father to leave.

Hmm not how I would start a relationship :p. I understand that the older you get the age difference becomes a smaller issue but I'd definitely not date someone that young right now.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm not how I would start a relationship :p. I understand that the older you get the age difference becomes a smaller issue but I'd definitely not date someone that young right now.

I understand that and in this day and age, most people would view a 19 year old dating a 14 year old as "abnormal". But, when my parents were dating, people werent as uptight. My mother's first cousin married at 13. Both of my great-grandmothers on my mother's side of the family were 10 years younger than their husbands. On my father's side, my great-grandfather was 54 when he married my great-grandmother, who was 28. (His first wife had died of cancer).

People these days are very anal-retentive.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand that and in this day and age, most people would view a 19 year old dating a 14 year old as "abnormal". But, when my parents were dating, people werent as uptight. My mother's first cousin married at 13. Both of my great-grandmothers on my mother's side of the family were 10 years younger than their husbands. On my father's side, my great-grandfather was 54 when he married my great-grandmother, who was 28. (His first wife had died of cancer).

People these days are very anal-retentive.
Who cares? As long as they're happy. My ex always joked that if he had met me when I was 6 the moral police would have picked him up.

Reactions: William67
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who cares? As long as they're happy. My ex always joked that if he had met me when I was 6 the moral police would have picked him up.

:ahah:

I agree, up to a point. Guys my age shouldnt be trying to date 16 year olds. (Even though that is legal in some places). I would feel odd about dating anyone in their early 20's, simply because I know that most people dont mature mentally until their mid-late 20's. 30's is fine. 25-30, she would have to be an extraordinary person and we would have to have a great deal in common.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My brother is 53, never married. He went to a dating site, lol, no way he's gonna date someone his own age or my age (I'm 8 years younger). He said: They look so old, they're old, mature women, short hair, wrinkles and grey, hahahahahahaha. He still looks real young. He saw a girl who he had a crush on in high school, she was really good looking then and very popular. Now she's old and grey hahahahahahaha. She said: maybe you're interested in my daughter then who was 20 something, lol, but that was a bit too weird.

Reactions: William67
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My brother is 53, never married. He went to a dating site, lol, no way he's gonna date someone his own age or my age (I'm 8 years younger). He said: They look so old, they're old, mature women, short hair, wrinkles and grey, hahahahahahaha. He still looks real young. He saw a girl who he had a crush on in high school, she was really good looking then and very popular. Now she's old and grey hahahahahahaha. She said: maybe you're interested in my daughter then who was 20 something, lol, but that was a bit too weird.

I dont really have a problem dating somone "my own age" except for the fact that I would like to have my own kids. Most women my age have already gone through menopause. lol@You mentioning you grey hair. My father was prematurely grey when he was 17. My brother, who turned 50 this last May, is almost completely grey. I have some, but its mainly around my temples and beard (when I let my beard grow).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont really have a problem dating somone "my own age" except for the fact that I would like to have my own kids. Most women my age have already gone through menopause. lol@You mentioning you grey hair. My father was prematurely grey when he was 17. My brother, who turned 50 this last May, is almost completely grey. I have some, but its mainly around my temples and beard (when I let my beard grow).
I'm getting gray hair too, but I just don't put my glasses on, so I don't see it.

Oh yes, of course, lol, menopaws.

3dbac_138f8481-ffcf-4a8d-a670-1d1606d5df00.jpg

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm getting gray hair too, but I just don't put my glasses on, so I don't see it.

Oh yes, of course, lol, menopaws.

3dbac_138f8481-ffcf-4a8d-a670-1d1606d5df00.jpg

LOL Not wearing your glasses is all well and good, but you dont have family like mine. I let my hair and beard start growing out back in 2011. My oldest brother's and youngest sister's birthdays are only days apart, so we usually have a joint birthday party for them. Last year, my brother's son, who is now 33 years old, started calling me Uncle Si. This is Si.

th

Now, Im not that grey (and not nearly that old, lol). I finally shaved it all off when I scared some little girls last Halloween while babysitting two of my nieces.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

eman12yeshua

Jul 23, 2015
✟7,613.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Is the feeling mutual?

And
assuming you're 21 or older, I see no problem with it. Just be sure to understand and always remember that far more quickly than you realize this woman will begin to look her age and that's where you need to examine yourself and determine whether your love for her is indeed true and unconditional. If it is, you shouldn't have a problem - in the question of love.

thanks for your insight, nope, there's no problem with how feel for her but, it'd just the people around us that makes uncomfortable with the set-up, and I already considered those dilemmas regarding what we May-December affair. thanks and GOD bless you and your family.

Upvote 0

eman12yeshua

Jul 23, 2015
✟7,613.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
hi i'm just new here and i got interested with the topic of dating older women, how about if you are in love to a woman who is 15 years older than you? honestly that's where i'm at right now, and we share the same faith as well

thanks for your response, and it's insightful, may GOD bless you and your family

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Seeing that my boyfriend is 4 years younger than me, nope, I don't have a problem with a little age difference. I honestly didn't even see myself going for a younger man...but somehow, my man and I just...connected. It's funny how things like that work. :D

Upvote 0