• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

For alle the (shizophrenic?) people who were maltreated in psychiatry

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Halo,

I do not know how psychiatry works in other countries. Here I saw a lot what is going wrong and me myself is victim of maltreating in psychiatry more than 10 years ago. I had a severe trauma and developed shizophrenia where before it seemed only to be an anxiety disorder. Well I know everything is in God's hands but this does not change I could not talk to anybdoy for 10 years about it. It isolated me compeltely. When I tried to talk I was not believed. The ideology of society was against me. It seems that shizophrenic people have no voice. So I start this thread to encourage victims you are not alone. The stigmatisation of the diagnosis also isolates you, people talk different with you, you get no emotional involvment or support anymore. Slowly time seems to change. But very slowly, psychotherapists think about therapy and a psychological approach to shizophrenic people. But this message did not arrive everywhere yet. Especially those shizophrenics who have their own way with God could be damaged by being considered ill by hearing God's voice. I want to encourage you not to give up. Pray to God for a chance. He can heal your wounds. Give your anger a place. Anger heals traumatas! Make sports or painting or music or singing. Anything that gives your emotions place. But then release the anger, and forgive or try to relax so you do not give the anger to much control over you. Pray also personal prayers and wishes to God and for His mercy, not only the rule-prayers. Fight, do not give up. Suddenly God will sent you people who will help you to break your isolation objective or subjective isolation. Do not be scared by bad voices. Temptations have reasons and it will all go away if God will have mercy. Just continue your journey and prayers.

Pearl7

Aug 20, 2021
ORADEA
✟18,908.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kis Katte,
I am praying with you too! May God's love touch these people and help them be open to activities that help them controlling their anger. Let them experience true joy and find true friends who understand them. For God to protect their steps and minds so they hear Him better and hope to never give up.
Father please help them.
Amen :praying:

• Agree
Reactions: KisKatte
Upvote 0

KisKatte

Jesus, send us your Holy Spirit.
Feb 1, 2020
Karlsruhe
✟52,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Kis Katte,
I am praying with you too! May God's love touch these people and help them be open to activities that help them controlling their anger. Let them experience true joy and find true friends who understand them. For God to protect their steps and minds so they hear Him better and hope to never give up.
Father please help them.
Amen :praying:
What you write shows a big understanding of the main problems. I have respect for this! Thank you so much.

Reactions: Pearl7
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you yourself bad experiences or do you just feel for those people?

We christians know actuallly sometimes a bit more than the doctors, i suffered a satanic attack and doctors told me it was schizophrenia, the spiritual world is real, i had no issues whatsoever relating to any schizophrenia symptoms before this attack, and as quick as some hours i was in phsychiatrists hands giving me drugs, also i have autism to make things more 'spicy' :(
I suffered a lot after quitting a drug the doctors gave me, the abstinence syndrome was horrible and i still have consequences.

So yes i have bad experiences and also feel a lot for people with autism or in hands of phsychiatrists.

Upvote 0