• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel the need to tell everyone that I'm sorry I was away for so long.
I went through a spell where I felt so unworthy to be here due to things that had been going on with me, and it was hard for me to face my friends. I felt like a let-down to many and I couldn't bring myself to be supportive when it was hard for me to like myself at that moment.
I distanced myself from most everyone including God. I tried to pray and couldn't. I tried to lay things down to Him, and couldn't. I walked around in a haze for so long that I don't even remember a whole lot from the past few months. The thing is: I don't even know why. It was something that just came, hit, and ran me over afore I knew it.
I'm glad to be back here and I missed everyone so much. Although I wasn't here showing support, I was thinking of all of you.
God has now helped me to get back on track and I'm thankful that He has been so forgiving and compassionate when I am so unworthy of His wonderful blessings. I thank God for each and every one of you and hope that you can find it in your hearts to forgive me for not being here for you. My life no longer feels empty as it did for the past few months and I love all of you.
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I can say that everyone has missed you, Angel!

You are as worthy as any of us and you should never beat yourself up. You're fantastic and I am certain that I am not the only one to have missed you.

I think several of our friends will respond to this post! If we are lucky, we will see new friends.

Take care girl.

Steve

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I can say that everyone has missed you, Angel!

You are as worthy as any of us and you should never beat yourself up. You're fantastic and I am certain that I am not the only one to have missed you.

I think several of our friends will respond to this post! If we are lucky, we will see new friends.

Take care girl.

Steve
Thank you :hug:
The state of mind I was in is really hard for me to describe, but I'm glad I'm past it now.
It's always good to know that I have friends who believe in me, and thank you for being there for me.
:hug:s and :angel: :kiss:es

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am shocked that you're not perfect.
My imperfections just seem so extreme sometimes. When I do something or feel something.......it's to the max. Usually, I don't only end up hurting myself in some way, it's other people as well.

Upvote 0

lemonflavor

Feb 21, 2006
✟16,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My imperfections just seem so extreme sometimes. When I do something or feel something.......it's to the max. Usually, I don't only end up hurting myself in some way, it's other people as well.

I hope you know I was joking.

At first I felt sad that people sometimes feel they don't want to come here when they are feeling like that because this is about as safe a place as you can be.

But I know that when I'm agitated, I get a little argumentative, especially on non-Christian boards, not hostile, just possibly offending people without realizing it. Then if I get in a low mood, which will happen quickly, I get really anxious having to deal with the aftermath even if it's just someone making a comment about something I said. So then I shut up so I don't have to deal with stress that I created or may create.

I don't know if that's your situation but I hope people can feel comfortable coming here when they are down and out emotionally and spiritually but we also understand sometimes people need to take a break now and then.

In any case it's great to have you back.

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Angel, We have indeed missed you!! I echo what the others have said already here!!! And many of us here know exactly what you mean and have been there and done that. I have personally had a couple of those episodes recently. I pray that all will stay stable for you for a good long time!!! And btw, I don't think you have anything to ask forgiveness for!!!

Upvote 0

berry2000

May 21, 2006
California
✟16,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Angel, We have indeed missed you!! I echo what the others have said already here!!! And many of us here know exactly what you mean and have been there and done that. I have personally had a couple of those episodes recently. I pray that all will stay stable for you for a good long time!!! And btw, I don't think you have anything to ask forgiveness for!!!
:hug: WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone :) I feel better bout things now. Since I've been at CF, I have always tried to be a shoulder, a good word, etc., and it just made me feel that I let down many who depended on me. (Especially some of my teen friends) I was so used to being on here day and night and giving so much of myself to others. Then, when I hit rock bottom and lived my little haze, it was hard for me. Afraid that I had let down so many people.
I've actually realized that I pulled myself from one of the safest places I know. Thank you lemonflavor for bringing that to my attention. :thumbsup: Usually, when I'm having a hard time, I pour myself even deeper into CF. Not only does that help make me feel better, it also helps me with keeping up with prayer and my fellowship with God.........perhaps, that would explain some of why it took me so long to get back on my feet.
Thank you all for being so supportive and for also being such wonderful friends. I thank God for each and every one of you!!
God Bless!
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.