• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Following Christ and being hated

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by ZiSunka, Jan 27, 2003.

1. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Luke 6:22
    Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man's sake.

John 15:18-19
    "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Matthew 10:22
    And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Christ irritated people with His teachings about righteousness, mercy, peace and love.

If you are following Christ's teachings, you will irritate some people, too.

But if you fail to stand for what you know is right just so people will like you, you are taking sides with the world, and not with God.

Sometimes being a Christian, a follower of His teachings, will mean that people automatically don't like you because of what you stand for. Sometimes they will attack you verbally or physically for sticking with God instead of agreeing with their carnal drives. Sometimes standing for God will mean that you are standing alone.

But it is better to be alone with God than in a crowd without Him.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Apparently I am following Christ's teachings. There is ample proof here!

3. kern

kern Miserere Nobis

+7
    Catholic
    However, be careful not to confuse this with the reverse statement -- just because people are criticizing you and "hating" you does not automatically mean you are on the right track.

-Chris

4. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+12
    Very well. I understand your message as well as the many others I am getting here. I know just the remedy for it . Thanks for pointing it out!

5. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    That time spent alone with God is what we all need to do as much of as possible. If we aren't doing that, God can force us to in many different ways.

I think anyone who's walked with Christ knows the feeling of being rejected by others all too well. Especially by those who want nothing to do with Jesus, or God.

It is true we are not here to please men, but to please God, and Him only. Nor are we taught by men, but we are taught by the Holy Spirit, that is of Christ.

Galatians 1:10-12
    For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

6. kern

kern Miserere Nobis

+7
    Catholic
    This was not directed at you, I'm sorry if you thought it was.

-Chris

7. sbbqb7n16

sbbqb7n16 Veteran - Blue Bible Dude

+155
    Christian
    Single
    *sbbqb7n16 asks the proverbial question "Can't we all just get along?"