Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Which has as much legal standing in the United States as the Rules of Fight Club. You’ll need to do better than, “My deity says it is bad so you can’t do that.” if you want to actually outlaw something in this country.
That’s completely irrelevant. The “legal standing” in this country doesn’t nullify the rightness of it.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Daily Beast: Texas Judge Sides With Planned Parenthood in Fight Against Six-Week Ban.
Texas Judge Sides With Abortion Providers Fighting Six-Week Ban

Looks like the legal challenges have started.

The "enforcement" mechanism of this law is a complete mess.

I don't think there is any merit in simply enabling people to sue things out of existence that you don't like.

Since there is a monetary and moral reason to sue people will, the abortion providers will be sued regardless of guilt and are not allowed to recoup their legal fees. So, it will function as a complete ban on the practice.

If this is the new Constitutional standard then any state anywhere will simply sue anything they don't like out of existence.

To "conservatives" that think that deluging everything you don't like in lawsuits isn't tyrannical like a government would be, I think you're very VERY wrong.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
That’s completely irrelevant. The “legal standing” in this country doesn’t nullify the rightness of it.

It doesn’t nullify it in your mind but what goes on your mind doesn’t automatically make something right or wrong for society. Some people think it is morally wrong to eat meat because their deity says it is murder, that doesn’t determine the rightness of it for society though.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. Along with a ban on abortions should come other measures to take care of mothers and children, but again a separate issue to abortion itself. Nothing I can do about it, since I can't exactly fly over and fix all your broken systems. Your politicians need to get their acts together, a decent health care system would be a start.

Sadly, that's not going to happen. They're all but tossed to the wolves (and the hunters) after they're born.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Who says it's "right"?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,985.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
God’s word.
It never ceases to amaze me the number of Christians in this country whom are so certain that they have an infallible understanding of the desires of an infinate being that they are willing to put others to death in it's name. Especially given the instructions against hubris.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What would stop a Texan from suing the person who got the woman pregnant?
Free money!

Oh, no, no, no... we must never punish the men in these situations... that would be unfair, don't you know...

• Haha
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It doesn’t nullify it in your mind but what goes on your mind doesn’t automatically make something right or wrong for society. Some people think it is morally wrong to eat meat because their deity says it is murder, that doesn’t determine the rightness of it for society though.
I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sotomayer has something to say.

All of it is factual. All of it is terrible.

Sotomayor’s Defiant Dissent
Yep but if you deliberately design a law to circumvent the constitution it's constitutional!

Have the supreme court justices said what they're planning to do now they are redundant? Now that the first/ second amendments etc are unenforceable.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It never ceases to amaze me the number of Christians in this country whom are so certain that they have an infallible understanding of the desires of an infinate being that they are willing to put others to death in it's name. Especially given the instructions against hubris.
Ad hominems always help in these situations. And by always, I mean never.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yep but if you deliberately design a law to circumvent the constitution it's constitutional!

Have the supreme court justices said what they're planning to do now they are redundant? Now that the first/ second amendments etc are unenforceable.
They can still enforce those. Its not about principles. Its about what you want to do and what you can get away with.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They can still enforce those. Its not about principles. Its about what you want to do and what you can get away with.
From the article 'Today, the Court belatedly explains that it declined to grant relief because of procedural complexities of the State’s own invention.'. Ie. According to the court so long as you deliberately circumvent the constitution they won't intervene.

So let's test their honesty and integrity (collapses laughing) by using Texas's law format to ban guns in California.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.