Follow-ups To Abortions Now Being Illegal In Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rape is stupid enough with a man exposing himself to sexually transmitted infections, so a rapist who impregnates his victim would be an exceptionally stupid idiot. Impregnation and a baby is just more evidence against a suspect.

Which suspect? The man or the woman?
Remember where this is taking place...

Now if rapists are forced to pay child support or given more serious jail sentences to pay off such child support, then the number of impregnating rapes might drop. Impregnating a victim is already a very stupid move for any rapist hoping to not get caught by police. Outlawing abortion would make the impregnation even more foolish.

Considering how unlikely it is for a rapist to stop what he is doing to put on a condom mid-rape, and that stopping the rape before... ahem... "completing his task" defeats the whole point of committing rape in the first place, I think you'll find that the chances of pregnancy through rape are comperable with any other instance of unprotected sex.

Being forced to give birth after rape is horrible, but such instances of rape might actually drop.

Don't kid yourself. No rapist is going to think twice about it. Generally speaking, rapists are not well known for their foresight, or their considerations regarding the woman... had they possessed a modicum of either, they wouldn't be rapists.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
With the internet , even poor people can get an abortion ,by other mean. Unless Texas can sue other states and countries for proving abortion pills . Or abortion services.

Well, the internet is handy for scheduling, but there still is the matter of actually traveling out of state -- and Texas is a big state, and a known pregnant woman has got to be worried about being under surveillance when she travels.

Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟26,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Which suspect? The man or the woman?
Remember where this is taking place...

Considering how unlikely it is for a rapist to stop what he is doing to put on a condom mid-rape, and that stopping the rape before... ahem... "completing his task" defeats the whole point of committing rape in the first place, I think you'll find that the chances of pregnancy through rape are comperable with any other instance of unprotected sex.

Don't kid yourself. No rapist is going to think twice about it. Generally speaking, rapists are not well known for their foresight, or their considerations regarding the woman... had they possessed a modicum of either, they wouldn't be rapists.

I'm not a rapist and I feel sad for any man who forces himself onto another man wearing lipstick (because transwomen exist) but it is possible to rape a cis woman without impregnation. It's very filthy and I'd rather not think about the chance of contracting some type of Hepatitis, but it's possible.

I don't know about rapists but I do know some stuff about criminals, especially from the bible and from stories of sexual harassment. Criminals tend to get support from or connect with other criminals, sometimes unintentionally or sometimes hoping to increase the chance of criminal success. Some criminals give advice to other criminals. Some advice may be to not impregnante the victim, especially if abortion is illegal.

Would a rapist rather attack a woman, impregnate her, and then get caught? Or would he rather attack a woman, not impregnate her, reduce evidence against him, not get caught, and then have another chance to attack another woman? His criminal life might not last long because of STIs in either case, but yeah . . .

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Would a rapist rather attack a woman, impregnate her, and then get caught? Or would he rather attack a woman, not impregnate her, reduce evidence against him, not get caught, and then have another chance to attack another woman? His criminal life might not last long because of STIs in either case, but yeah . . .

You're assuming intelligent rapists who are giving thought to the consequences of their actions.

Can you spot the mistake in your thinking here?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Assuming these children are worth a plugged nickel to you once they're born, it would be part of the same issue... saving their lives.

...or is birth the cut-off point for caring about that sort of thing?

Of course not. Along with a ban on abortions should come other measures to take care of mothers and children, but again a separate issue to abortion itself. Nothing I can do about it, since I can't exactly fly over and fix all your broken systems. Your politicians need to get their acts together, a decent health care system would be a start.

Reactions: JSRG
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
How many innocents died in the alleged biblical flood?
None, allegedly. They were all sinful except the boat family with the patriarch whos first significant action after the flood was getting drunk and condemning a son and his progeny to slavery.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Rape is stupid enough with a man exposing himself to sexually transmitted infections, so a rapist who impregnates his victim would be an exceptionally stupid idiot. Impregnation and a baby is just more evidence against a suspect.

Now if rapists are forced to pay child support or given more serious jail sentences to pay off such child support, then the number of impregnating rapes might drop. Impregnating a victim is already a very stupid move for any rapist hoping to not get caught by police. Outlawing abortion would make the impregnation even more foolish.

Being forced to give birth after rape is horrible, but such instances of rape might actually drop.
Your faith in the good will and rationality of rapists is charming.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a rapist and I feel sad for any man who forces himself onto another man wearing lipstick (because transwomen exist) but it is possible to rape a cis woman without impregnation. It's very filthy and I'd rather not think about the chance of contracting some type of Hepatitis, but it's possible.

I don't know about rapists but I do know some stuff about criminals, especially from the bible and from stories of sexual harassment. Criminals tend to get support from or connect with other criminals, sometimes unintentionally or sometimes hoping to increase the chance of criminal success. Some criminals give advice to other criminals. Some advice may be to not impregnante the victim, especially if abortion is illegal.

Maybe you should set up a rape advisory site, you seem like a real expert on the issue.

• Haha
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Assuming these children are worth a plugged nickel to you once they're born, it would be part of the same issue... saving their lives.

...or is birth the cut-off point for caring about that sort of thing?
Do you care about babies?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
God’s word.

Which has as much legal standing in the United States as the Rules of Fight Club. You’ll need to do better than, “My deity says it is bad so you can’t do that.” if you want to actually outlaw something in this country.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Which has as much legal standing in the United States as the Rules of Fight Club. You’ll need to do better than, “My deity says it is bad so you can’t do that.” if you want to actually outlaw something in this country.
Not in the new theocratic states of America that the far right Christians intend to make.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.