Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We had some severe weather in NZ today, with a tornado sweeping through and killing three people on its way. We're not affected, but there are around 250 people homeless tonight. They're sheltering at the air force base, I think they said on the news. :(

I'm soooo sorry Joy. Praying for everyone (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Earthquake yesterday in the North Island which was felt from the top of the North Island right down to the deep south of the South Island. :eek:

Praying, Joy (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the birthday wishes :D :hug::hug:
I had a great time with my family. I've been so busy and sad because I don't get to spend much time with them anymore so it was really great to see them all this weekend.
Joyshirley, I've been working and going to school. I work for company that produces bio-fuels from algae micro-bacteria and also as a researcher for the NM bureau of geology. I'll be graduating this May with a degree in mechanical engineering and a minor in biomedical engineering. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :D
I miss you all here on CF.

Happy Belated Birthday Stefania. That's wunnerful about graduating in May. God bless you :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the birthday wishes :D :hug::hug:
I had a great time with my family. I've been so busy and sad because I don't get to spend much time with them anymore so it was really great to see them all this weekend.
Joyshirley, I've been working and going to school. I work for company that produces bio-fuels from algae micro-bacteria and also as a researcher for the NM bureau of geology. I'll be graduating this May with a degree in mechanical engineering and a minor in biomedical engineering. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :D
I miss you all here on CF.

We miss you too, dear girl. :) But it's fabulous to hear how well you're doing in your chosen path. You go, girl! :clap: Congratulations on graduating soon, Stef! It feels like the other day you were only 17 or so. :D

I'm glad you had such a nice time catching up with family. It must be so hard not seeing them as often as you'd like. I still have two of our kids here at home, which is cool. Not in a hurry for them to move out. :D

Well, take care, Stef. :hug: God bless you.

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all went to see the Hobbit this evening as it was released on the 12th December here in NZ. It was so good - we all loved it! :D

As soon as it comes out on dvd, I'm buying a copy of it. ^_^

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2004
Cleveland!
Visit site
✟105,849.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gots a Bible question:

Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

30 there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Do yuh suppose this is where they got the idea for Devilled Ham?:scratch:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Stoppin' in to say howdy :wave:

vi_112954_1764796_843481.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gots a Bible question:

Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

30 there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Do yuh suppose this is where they got the idea for Devilled Ham?:scratch:

:doh: :p :p ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joy are you enjoying the NZ rugby kicking everyone in the backside? Boy those guys are tough!!!!

LOL Yes, they're doing really well these last two or three years. I think we lost a game to England recently. That was our first loss for ages.

They are pretty tough. :thumbsup: We have a really good team at the moment. We have a few younger players in the team now too, who are really good as well. Nice to see some young lads stepping up and playing so well. I think Aaron Cruden and Israel Dagg are the best of the young ones.

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really love this video. It was shot in Auckland at one of the big outdoor screens set up down at the wharf for the final of the world cup 2011, which NZ won. The person who made this vid matched up some beautiful music with the vid, which accentuates the tension as France score a try to make the score 8-7 to us. Towards the end, NZ controls the ball superbly for the last minute or two to prevent France getting it. Quite dangerous, as if you are not careful with that, you end up getting penalised. But we did it and I think half the country was jumping up and down just like the folk in this vid, when the final whistle blew. I was. :D

I say half the country cos believe it or not, there are actually some New Zealanders who do not follow rugby or the All Blacks. :scratch: :scratch: ^_^

If you listen carefully at the end, you can hear the cruise ship blowing its horn for the All Blacks' victory. :)

The All Blacks - Our World Champions - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You saw the Hobbit, Joy? Awesome!! Gotta see it.

Hi, brinny :)

Yes, it was released on the 12th December over here. My brother went to the 12.01 am session, but we settled for an evening session. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.