United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"At some point in time God may bring conviction, , "
Thank you 'Techno'! I believe this directs us to the thread's intent, so thanks also for the brevity to stay true!!

In your first paragraph, the opening of 'motivations and relationship' while emmensily important doesn't quite lead the reader through this foggy contemplation,
I think that there are some things that we, as Christians, consider to be to be sinful but, for God, they are entirely a non-issue.
Is the loss of Christian liberty really that needy? This is a clear bypass of God's will if our spiritual oversight does not advise us on as seen in 1st Timothy: "Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear." His love has spoken to us in no loose terms here: "Little children, keep yourselves from idols".

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Protestants have long accused Orthodox Christians and Catholics of "idolatry." But it's not. We honor the saints differently from the way we worship God. We honor in them the image and likeness of God. We believe that not only the thief from the cross went to heaven, but also the saints go to heaven. We believe they can pray for us. The Gospel says that the Mother of God will be pleasing to all tribes. She gave birth to Christ, she is now in paradise and can ask for the Son of God and her Jesus Christ. And the saints can beg from him. The prophet Elijah prayed, and the sky was closed from the rain. The rest of Israel prayed and failed to open the sky to rain. The prophet Elijah prayed and opened the sky to rain. God has no dead. He has everybody alive. The saints now in paradise also ask God, and God will listen to some saints faster than millions of sinners on earth. God praises the saints so much. God said: I will glorify those who glorify me. That's why we honor the saints.

Do not confuse the saints with the idols of Zeus, Venus, Apollo and other demons.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Protestants have long accused Orthodox Christians and Catholics of "idolatry." But it's not. We honor the saints differently from the way we worship God. We honor in them the image and likeness of God. We believe that not only the thief from the cross went to heaven, but also the saints go to heaven. We believe they can pray for us. The Gospel says that the Mother of God will be pleasing to all tribes. She gave birth to Christ, she is now in paradise and can ask for the Son of God and her Jesus Christ. And the saints can beg from him. The prophet Elijah prayed, and the sky was closed from the rain. The rest of Israel prayed and failed to open the sky to rain. The prophet Elijah prayed and opened the sky to rain. God has no dead. He has everybody alive. The saints now in paradise also ask God, and God will listen to some saints faster than millions of sinners on earth. God praises the saints so much. God said: I will glorify those who glorify me. That's why we honor the saints.

Do not confuse the saints with the idols of Zeus, Venus, Apollo and other demons.
Hello 'Valeriy2022'!

Even in these last days, the record will bare witness of all manner of evil of those “who corrupted the earth with her immorality. He has avenged the blood of His servants that was poured out by her hand." (Revelation 19:2)

Yet in the Apostle’s day (traditions we are still advised to uphold) he was accustomed to note; “, ,what care it wrought in you.” I believe most of us here are aware of the extent of CC/Orthdx physical adoration given to the Saints/Apostles/Prophets. Is our outward expression of that honor, however mysterious thought slight-to-nonexistent?

If not for the gift of discerning of spirits, how does one account for a centuries-old conclusion on what flows under the surface of another? There remains two relics of us:

1. Care and Honor

2. Liberty and Honor

Show me the care of honor’s precept with your liberty and I’ll introduce joy in that liberty to both care and honor without the dis-honorable risk.

Praying for the Ukraine!

• Prayers
Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hello, 'rocknanchor'!​

I'm translating through google translate, so maybe I didn't quite understand the question.

Since the first martyrs appeared, killed for Christ, often the first miracles near their relics (bodies). Christians understood that the body does not do these miracles in this way, but God glorifies those who pleased Him. For it is said, I will glorify those who glorify me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The question isn't altogether - important. Please pardon me Ma'am, but aren't you going to contemplate at all that more important area, "care"?

We both adore Christian liberty, but, where does guidance appear (post#6)? Yea, "I will esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, who trembles at My word." Liberty is good, but, liberty in and of itself is not His council, in light of what the Holy Spirit said through the Apostle, again, “, ,what care it wrought in you.” of those who turn from evil.

Do you actually think it isn't possible to honor the citizens of heaven without kissing an inanimate object (post #6)? If you don't think it's possible then you truly do underestimate your spiritual counterparts.

I have been and artist for 58 years and at the angst of family refused formal training at the time a new convert (myself) had to choose between pleasing Him, or, the study (gratification) of the unclothed human anatomy, thereby secured committing to the same determined mind of 'whatsoever is lovely'.

What was this risk I acted on then? Simple!

", ,faith by itself if it has not works, is dead." (James 2:17)

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The question isn't altogether - important. Please pardon me Ma'am, but aren't you going to contemplate at all that more important area, "care"?
Do you want to insult me? You simply showed the low level of your culture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you want to insult me? You simply showed the low level of your culture.
How so? I only quote the sacred text as it applies to this. Does that text offend you?

Upvote 0