South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do I keep my focus on God? Lately as a Christian, this is quite bothersome. I am not burdened by it, but maybe I should. How do I no longer allow anything that is or may be ungodly like some forms of music or some people to be a distraction? I have prayed about and I wondered if I should fast about this. This issue is a struggle and I have been feeling inadequate as a Christian. Some Christians know their calling and are living righteous lives. It seems as if they have no reason to feel inadequate. I would think about Christians like Paul and other believers like Moses and Job in this case. No matter what they are going through, they managed to keep their eyes on the Lord. I wish I could a better job of doing that. How do I keep feeling so inadequate and just live for the Lord without distractions?

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do I keep my focus on God? Lately as a Christian, this is quite bothersome. I am not burdened by it, but maybe I should. How do I no longer allow anything that is or may be ungodly like some forms of music or some people to be a distraction? I have prayed about and I wondered if I should fast about this. This issue is a struggle and I have been feeling inadequate as a Christian. Some Christians know their calling and are living righteous lives. It seems as if they have no reason to feel inadequate. I would think about Christians like Paul and other believers like Moses and Job in this case. No matter what they are going through, they managed to keep their eyes on the Lord. I wish I could a better job of doing that. How do I keep feeling so inadequate and just live for the Lord without distractions?
Always remember that God is love, God is good, and that He created both Love and Goodness as the highest priorities to pursue. He is always ready to forgive and help you grow to stand upright.

1 John 1:5

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
even the most righteous of us drifted their eyes off the lord even if it was for a moment but today's day and age the world is placing a a lot of pressure on us in terms of stress, work, bills, and mortgage should this be of concern yes because the world's now starting to make move and invade our relationship with our savior.... but lord said that if sin abounds my grace will much more abound

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do I keep my focus on God?
Trust God to have you do this. This is what God does. We all need Him to do this in us. This has taken much correction of our character so we more and more stay submissive with Him in His love.

I think Ephesians 4:31-32 is one scripture that is excellent for telling us what is against sharing with God is > plus, this scripture tells us what we need to be seeking, instead >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

How do I no longer allow anything that is or may be ungodly like some forms of music or some people to be a distraction?
Those can be things which distract; however, there are deeper things which may be helping to keep you weak, so you can be distracted. Weakness for selfish pleasures can keep us weak so we also give in to suffering deep pain. So, feed on all the things the Bible says about how to be, how to relate in love, what to avoid, what to seek. And trust God to do this in you. And stay with this; it takes time to grow in Jesus.

I have been feeling inadequate as a Christian.

It seems as if they have no reason to feel inadequate.

How do I keep feeling so inadequate
This is not only about how you are feeling. On our own, none of us is adequate. But ones of us might be feeling proud!! But only God's grace is sufficient to have us being and loving the way God pleases.

So, just because you feel inadequate, this does not automatically make you that different from other children of God.

Some Christians know their calling and are living righteous lives.
They look that way to you. But.

Yes, there are real examples; but these should be an encouragement to you, to join in their example. So, in case all you are getting is feeling down in comparison with them; either they are show-offs who are not helping you because they can't, or you need to feed on their good example, and not just compare. In case someone is for real, you might do well to share with the person and benefit from how the person is praying for you.

I would think about Christians like Paul and other believers like Moses and Job in this case. No matter what they are going through, they managed to keep their eyes on the Lord. I wish I could a better job of doing that.
May be you have not actually read what the Bible has about these people!! They did have issues. And in ways they did feel inadequate, and this was at times in comparison with what is not at all God's standard who is Jesus.

Moses died as a punishment for disgracing himself in front of the Jews.

Paul had that thorn problem which he could not make to go away; he begged the Lord three times to make it go away. But Jesus was not going to give Paul a miracle of convenience; Paul needed to get more real in submitting to how God's grace effected his nature and guided him.

Job was justifying himself until he saw Jesus.

Yes, these men are Bible presented examples, though, of being great men. But in the process of getting there, they went through major correction and awakening.

So, you are not alone :) Find and share with people who are good examples, but who have been where you are.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope this helps:

How to Pray in the Holy Spirit

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you could follow Peter’s plan of developing the incorruptible seed by adding to each progression of accomplishments with a further and deeper focus.
Partakers of the Divine Nature
…4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith virtue; and to virtue, knowledge;6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;…brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities and continue to grow in them, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But whoever lacks these traits is nearsighted to the point of blindness, having forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don't procrastinate from keeping aside some time alone with the Lord. Make Him your priority.

Upvote 0