Not open for further replies.

hawko

Aug 29, 2006
✟9,246.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday, while at work, I was experiencing a fluttering feeling in the right side of my chest which occurred about every two minuets, lasting for a few second each time. This occurred all day, and continues to occur today also. Last night after work, my wife talked me into going to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. Upon arriving, they found that my blood pressure was high; 154/96. They drew blood testing for indications of a heart attack, performed an EKG test on me, and everything came up normal except for the high blood pressure. They also could not tell me what was causing the flutters in my chest. I was unable to get an appointment with my family physician today because of his limited hours. I guess that I will have to take off from work in order to get an appointment. Please keep me in your prayers, since I am only 55, which is too young to be having these type of problems.

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday, while at work, I was experiencing a fluttering feeling in the right side of my chest which occurred about every two minuets, lasting for a few second each time. This occurred all day, and continues to occur today also. Last night after work, my wife talked me into going to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. Upon arriving, they found that my blood pressure was high; 154/96. They drew blood testing for indications of a heart attack, performed an EKG test on me, and everything came up normal except for the high blood pressure. They also could not tell me what was causing the flutters in my chest. I was unable to get an appointment with my family physician today because of his limited hours. I guess that I will have to take off from work in order to get an appointment. Please keep me in your prayers, since I am only 55, which is too young to be having these type of problems.
154/96?
I had 180/110 once. :sorry:
I hope everything turns out well for you regarding this though, praying. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

My husband has had two heart attacks. How long has your blood pressure been high, and are you on meds? What is your cholesterol? What is your family history? You need to see to this immediately. Do not put it off. My husband was a few days before turning 40 when he had his first. You are not too young. In fact, there is no such thing. Get your hiney into the MD tomorrow!

Lisa

Upvote 0

CounselorRich

Jun 3, 2007
Louisville, TN
✟7,817.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wow Brother, good luck to you. I will definitely pray for you. I almost lost my brother just before Easter to a heart attack--so what you are experiencing is nothing to play with--that's for sure. I'm glad you went to the ER. I hope they can figure out what's going on.
Get well soon.

Upvote 0

hawko

Aug 29, 2006
✟9,246.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Great news; as of yesterday, the fluttering in my heart stopped and has not come back. I owe this healing directly to Jesus; here's why: On Monday night, after coming home from the emergency room, I decided to say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy before going to bed. As I was saying the chaplet, these words (which I believe were from the Lord), suddenly popped into my head, "Too Much Coffee". It was only from receiving these words that I decided to stop drinking regular coffee immediately and switch to decaf. It probably took five days to get the caffeine out of my system, so on Saturday morning when I woke up the fluttering sensation in my chest was gone. I still intend to go through the additional tests that my doctor prescribed to make sure everything is ok, and I have a follow up visit with my doctor on July 20th. So, once again, thank you Jesus for this healing.

Upvote 0

BrRichSFO

Aug 29, 2006
✟16,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Remember that normally your heart is on your left side. That does not totally eliminate a cardic issue however. Many times muscle spasms will cause this, like when your eye or upper arm muscle twitches.

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Don't wory but have it checked. It could have just been traveling gas. Or perhaps heart burn.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great news; as of yesterday, the fluttering in my heart stopped and has not come back. I owe this healing directly to Jesus; here's why: On Monday night, after coming home from the emergency room, I decided to say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy before going to bed. As I was saying the chaplet, these words (which I believe were from the Lord), suddenly popped into my head, "Too Much Coffee". It was only from receiving these words that I decided to stop drinking regular coffee immediately and switch to decaf. It probably took five days to get the caffeine out of my system, so on Saturday morning when I woke up the fluttering sensation in my chest was gone. I still intend to go through the additional tests that my doctor prescribed to make sure everything is ok, and I have a follow up visit with my doctor on July 20th. So, once again, thank you Jesus for this healing.

Just to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers !!! :prayer: Please DO get things checked out ~ and take good care !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
:)

WONDERFUL NEWS! Prayer always pays off. I'm also a coffe hound and sympathize with you... On a side note, women and falling in love also causes a fluttering in the chest.. (just trying to cheer you up more..)

+

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I get palpitations all the time - usually right in the middle of my chest. After the doctors couldn't find anything, I found (through trial and error) that my palpitations are due to too much caffeine, high stress, and/or being dehydrated. But definitely get checked out to make sure there are no underlying physical problems that are causing the fluttering.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Hawko.
I am on meds for fluttering heartbeat. My heart races and i have palpitations.:(
My doc has me on Toprol. I was on tenormen....which made me major sleepy.:yawn:

NOT to scare you...and hope you do something to get this checked...

BUT you shouldnt let this fluttering go without tests.

Yea, coffee is bad for this. :holy: I avoid it mostly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.