• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

FLU REMEDIES

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*Salt as above,
*Oregano oil (its a natural antibiotic & antifungal, taste nasty as **** but works )
*Colidal silver, put under tounge & hold for 30 seconds then try to gargle it/let it trickle down throat before swallowing.
*Olive leaf
*Collostrum

Antibiotics dont help with thrush (yeast...ie yeast infection) You need something that has antifungal propertys. (most of the above are antifungal as well as antibiotic or antiviral)

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Drink lots of water and orange juice. I like a hot tea with lemon and honey. Some of my mom's old remedies include eating a roasted onion and putting a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper in tea (to help reduce fever). Gargle with salt water for the sore throat. Eat some nourishing chicken noodle soup. Get lots of rest. Nyquil helps me sleep if I'm having trouble, but I try not to use that if possible.

I hope you feel better soon!

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just a note... Thrush/yeast feeds off sugar so the best way to deal with it is to cut out all sugar AND flour/bread/grains or at least cut it back as much as possible. (Your body converts grains into sugar so it will feed the yeast just as well as straight up sugar) at least untill you get rid of it.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,987.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The antibiotics will make your thrush worse as does sugar. If you cut back drastically on the sugar and increase probiotics, you will help build up your immune system. Also, take LOTS of vitamin C! Lemon water, citruses, vitamin form, you can never have too much vitamin C. Garlic is also great for killing the bad bacteria that's making you sick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums