United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Florida's Covid-19 cases in children have increased 137% in past month - CNN

In Florida, the total number of cases in children 17 and under rose from 16,797 on July 9 to 39,735 on August 9 -- an increase of 137%, according to Florida Department of Health data......

Covid-19 hospitalizations among children in Florida rose from 213 to 436 during that same period, a 105% increase. Deaths among children rose from four to seven in Florida during that period...

But Trump and DeVos want school resumed because children don't get sick or spread the virus:
Trump says children unlikely to catch coronavirus, unconcerned about reports of infections

"I think for the most part, [kids] don't get very sick, they don't catch it very easily, and ... they don't transfer it to other people, or certainly not very easily," Trump said.

However, health experts say the evidence is far from clear, and recent studies have found infections in children of all ages.

Data from the American Academy of Pediatrics published Monday found that more than 97,000 children tested positive for COVID-19 during the last two weeks of July, more than a quarter of the total number of children diagnosed nationwide since March.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/23/devoss-claim-that-children-are-stoppers-covid-19/

“More and more studies show that kids are actually stoppers of the disease and they don’t get it and transmit it themselves, so we should be in a posture of — the default should be getting back to school kids in person, in the classroom.”

— Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, in an interview on “The Conservative Circus” (iHeart radio), July 16

Yet 7 children died of the virus in Florida alone in one month. They do get it, and they do get sick, and they do die of it.

Seems like Trump thinks that is a 'who cares?' situation.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Florida, the total number of cases in children 17 and under rose from 16,797 on July 9 to 39,735 on August 9 -- an increase of 137%, according to Florida Department of Health data......

Covid-19 hospitalizations among children in Florida rose from 213 to 436 during that same period, a 105% increase. Deaths among children rose from four to seven in Florida during that period...

But Trump and DeVos want school resumed because children don't get sick or spread the virus:
Trump says children unlikely to catch coronavirus, unconcerned about reports of infections

"I think for the most part, [kids] don't get very sick, they don't catch it very easily, and ... they don't transfer it to other people, or certainly not very easily," Trump said.

However, health experts say the evidence is far from clear, and recent studies have found infections in children of all ages.

Data from the American Academy of Pediatrics published Monday found that more than 97,000 children tested positive for COVID-19 during the last two weeks of July, more than a quarter of the total number of children diagnosed nationwide since March.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/23/devoss-claim-that-children-are-stoppers-covid-19/

“More and more studies show that kids are actually stoppers of the disease and they don’t get it and transmit it themselves, so we should be in a posture of — the default should be getting back to school kids in person, in the classroom.”

— Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, in an interview on “The Conservative Circus” (iHeart radio), July 16

Yet 7 children died of the virus in Florida alone in one month. They do get it, and they do get sick, and they do die of it.

Trump isn't the only one wanting kids back in school. Here's a teacher that wants them back.

Public Schoolteacher Complains Home Learning Will Interfere With Trans, Race, And Gay Propaganda

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is an interesting read about those numbers. It does happen. My wife was counted in Kentuckys numbers even though she tested negative twice. Makes you wonder what's going on and if it's really safe to go back to school.

COVID Case Numbers Far Lower Than Claimed

BTW, thank you for letting me have a voice in the matter. It is appreciated.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump isn't the only one wanting kids back in school. Here's a teacher that wants them back.

Public Schoolteacher Complains Home Learning Will Interfere With Trans, Race, And Gay Propaganda
Florida teacher writes own obituary to protest reopening schools amid coronavirus pandemic

As Schools Reopen, Teachers, Parents, and Students Are Pushing Back

Teachers, school bus drivers, cafeteria workers, nurses, principals, school administrative staff, and playground aides are not kids. Children pass the virus.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Florida teacher writes own obituary to protest reopening schools amid coronavirus pandemic

As Schools Reopen, Teachers, Parents, and Students Are Pushing Back

Teachers, school bus drivers, cafeteria workers, nurses, principals, school administrative staff, and playground aides are not kids. Children pass the virus.

I'm hoping it's going to be safe. My grandkids are starting back. I don't see any other way though. I've already had the virus and tested positive I was also around lots of people before getting sick. I don't see how anyone has avoided it. The antibody tests have been showing that we've all had it.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have had an antibody test recently that shows I haven't had it. Neither has my 94 year old mother I am caring for right now.
Many haven't had it.

And 7 kids died in the last month in Florida alone. Is that an 'oh well' type of thing? I really pray for the health of all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And 7 kids died in the last month in Florida alone. Is that an 'oh well' type of thing? I really pray for the health of all.

Did you check to see if any of them had preexisting conditions, or if, regardless of the type virus, children die, in or out of school from any given virus? And if children die from any virus, do we blame the parents for those past deaths because they let their children carry on a normal life?

Just curious.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you check to see if any of them had preexisting conditions, or if, regardless of the type virus, children die, in or out of school from any given virus? And if children die from any virus, do we blame the parents for those past deaths because they let their children carry on a normal life?

Just curious.
So some kids die - doesn't matter to you? That is what it sounds like

Nine-year-old girl is the youngest to die from coronavirus in Florida - CNN

No known underlying medical condition.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟505,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Fake news. Manufactured data. Fear mongrel. Trump said the only thing to fear is fear itself, as kids are “almost immune.” Didn’t notice his MD, immunology, virology, epidemiology, accolades hanging from the walls in the briefing room? Me neither.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Israel tried reopening schools and it was a disaster for them.

Kids can and do get the virus, and they can spread it just like adults.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
glad we've chosen the online school option
we don't want to social distance from our own child

I'm (selfishly) happy to have our child home

we know others doing the same

Very wise choice. It's not the time for anyone to be taking risks with their kids or their kids teachers health.

Upvote 0

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm hoping it's going to be safe. My grandkids are starting back. I don't see any other way though. I've already had the virus and tested positive I was also around lots of people before getting sick. I don't see how anyone has avoided it. The antibody tests have been showing that we've all had it.
Many of us haven't had it because many of us believe in science and following the guidelines set forth by the experts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
From Worldometer:

Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses. This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
And?

750,000 have died in the 5 months Covid has been on a worldwide rampage. That number, on pace to triple even the highest estimation of flu deaths per year by the time we're a full 12 months into this thing, would be even worse without the shutdowns and lockdowns and safety measures put in place.

Covid = Flu hasn't been an intelligent thing to say since week 1 of this.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And?

750,000 have died in the 5 months Covid has been on a worldwide rampage. That number, on pace to triple even the highest estimation of flu deaths per year by the time we're a full 12 months into this thing, would be even worse without the shutdowns and lockdowns and safety measures put in place.

Covid = Flu hasn't been an intelligent thing to say since week 1 of this.

I agree...
That's why I posted the numbers.

Everyone has been treating this like influenza but it's not. This is a lot more serious. And when you include all the long term damages I'm thinking that this opening of the schools was a really bad idea. The next generation could be permanently damaged...ones that are going to support the economy when I'm in a nursing home.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many of us haven't had it because many of us believe in science and following the guidelines set forth by the experts.

What science would that be? I wore a mask, washed my hands and my wife would decontaminate me every time I entered the house. I probably only go out twice a month and that's to get groceries. I've had it four times already.

I might add that every nasal test has come back negative yet the two antibodies test have been positive.

Upvote 0

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What science would that be? I wore a mask, washed my hands and my wife would decontaminate me every time I entered the house. I probably only go out twice a month and that's to get groceries. I've had it four times already.

I might add that every nasal test has come back negative yet the two antibodies test have been positive.
In no world do I believe you've had COVID-19 4 times.

Upvote 0