Florida TV Cuts Feed as Ron DeSantis Shows Explicit Content in School Books

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
According to 2016 FBI data, black men commit murder 572.8% more than white men. Rapes are committed at a level of 146.1% greater, robbery at 617.9% greater, aggravated assault at 203.3% greater and violent crime in total at 263.6% greater.
Now answer this question ~ WHY?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now answer this question ~ WHY?
I will explain that right after you explain why black people who grow up under the same circumstances have widely different experiences in life, I do not buy into the victim mentality. People regardless of color make decisions that end in results.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Many African Americans were arrested for small amounts of weed something that European American were not charged with because they were less likely to be stopped or searched. It was posited that pot laws were created because many African American musicians used it. Maybe you should ask yourself as to why African Americans are more likely to commit crimes. We know that it is not because of the color of their skin. Could it be because sociological issues?
Black people who are successful do not look for excuses they understand that they control their own future. There are plenty of successful non white people.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
According to 2016 FBI data, black men commit murder 572.8% more than white men. Rapes are committed at a level of 146.1% greater, robbery at 617.9% greater, aggravated assault at 203.3% greater and violent crime in total at 263.6% greater.
Pssst. Again. You find the crime where you look for it. Look in the poorer more desperate parts od town and you'll find more crime.

You conflate prosecution with crimes committed

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes and I wonder if the parents really know what's going to happen there. Parents are bamboozled these days by queens who present this as just some fun for kids. The parents don't realize the queen's are really trying to queer their kids.

Stop saying this.

Obviously, people don't become gay by being around gay people, or become transgender by being around transgender people. But there is this element of truth in rjs330's words: Part of the implicit message being communicated by exposing kids to LGBTQ literature and art forms is that gay and gender-diverse people aren't disgusting; they're human beings, like everybody else, they're as varied as the rest of the population, and they can be warm and loving and funny and wonderful. Taking it further: there's a message that if one of your friends is gay or gender-diverse, they aren't disgusting. And: if you yourself are gay or gender-diverse, you aren't disgusting. I expect that parents who take their kids to drag shows very much have this implicit message in mind.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I expect that parents who take their kids to drag shows very much have this implicit message in mind.
Which is a very good thing. The sooner these puritanical attitudes dis the better. Frankly I think a more included happy life for LGBTQ folks is worth a few fringe Christians being really angry about it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,444.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Obviously, people don't become gay by being around gay people, or become transgender by being around transgender people. But there is this element of truth in rjs330's words: Part of the implicit message being communicated by exposing kids to LGBTQ literature and art forms is that gay and gender-diverse people aren't disgusting; they're human beings, like everybody else, they're as varied as the rest of the population, and they can be warm and loving and funny and wonderful. Taking it further: there's a message that if one of your friends is gay or gender-diverse, they aren't disgusting. And: if you yourself are gay or gender-diverse, you aren't disgusting. I expect that parents who take their kids to drag shows very much have this implicit message in mind.
No that's not what they are doing. They admit that. They admit that they are not just wanting allies or sympathy. They want kids to actually explore and experiment to become queer and find their own queerness.

The queens recognize something that many in the left do not. That kids CAN be influenced to be queer. That people are not just born that way. That kids can be brought into the queer family. They want to influence the kids to BE queer.

It interesting that the queens recognize this while so many others on the left do not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
puritanical

I'll pick one small theological nit: Here in the US, the theological descendants of the Puritans -- namely, the UCC churches in New England -- are often LGBTQ-affirming congregations. So I'm inclined to let the Puritans rest in peace on this one. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not just right leaning media outlets... my first thought was that was a possibility that someone doctored something up in photoshop to try to prove a point...but the content in question is available right on the Author's own "Google Books" page, and a lot of the explicit content in right there for all to see 30+ preview pages of the book they allow you view for free without buying it.
If the kids can be shown this, it should be acceptable to be shown on any national outlet, even in family hours. If it cannot be shown, there is your clue of inappropriateness.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They want kids to actually explore and experiment to become queer and find their own queerness.
Once more with feeling.

You don’t become gay. You are gay.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pssst. Again. You find the crime where you look for it. Look in the poorer more desperate parts od town and you'll find more crime.

You conflate prosecution with crimes committed
Funny because the police put most of the manpower where the crime rate is highest and for the most part that is in predominately black neighborhoods. The people who are hurt the most by defunding the police are minorities because they are victims of by far the majority of crime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Funny because the police put most of the manpower where the crime rate is highest and for the most part that is in predominately black neighborhoods. The people who are hurt the most by defunding the police are minorities because they are victims of by far the majority of crime.
I have a feeling you struggle with the chicken and the egg question in philosophy

• Agree
Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at all and I do not deny the obvious truths such as crime statistics related to race.
Is it then your contention that black Americans are more prone to be criminals?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,720.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Right cause poor people have bad character right?
No.
They don't have food and they don't have the abilities to hold down a job in the current markets. The social programs in place don't really cut it and the churches turn them away because they have no more to help.

Poor people are desperate. That's why they steal. IF I were in their shoes I'd probably steal too. I've been pretty darn poor but it was temporary and I KNEW it was going to be temporary. For folks with no hope, desperation leads to ugly decisions.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it then your contention that black Americans are more prone to be criminals?
I do not think we can conclude that they are more prone, we can only go by the numbers that indicate that they commit more crimes as a race than other races there are likely all kinds of reasons for this but by saying more prone it looks as if we are saying there is something defective in their character or dna, I do not believe that at all.

Upvote 0