Florida school principal says she was fired for teaching children about Michelangelo’s David

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure what's so difficult about what I said. The parents who don't want their kids to see Michelangelo's David also disagree with "Trans ideology", etc (which I was referring to as [that stuff] to avoid any off-topic arguments).
So if thats the case then I think the school and parents are wrong in complaining about the kids seeing Michelangelo's David. Whilst I agree that we shouldn't push Trans and Woke ideology on kids in school Michelangelo's David is a completely different thing. Its not inappropriate content but classical history of the West. I think unfortunately people have over reacted here and lumped this situation as part of Woke ideology when its not. But thats what happens when ideological beliefs enter the school and everything becomes out of whack.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I would expect the LGBTQ alli nce to make claims of such.

Yet one quoted parent said this.

They are bringing chaos to this community. They are promoting lies with 'Rainbowland' with the far left media, but take one look at this teacher's social media, and you know what she is up to," Keene said. "She has used her first-graders to publicly fight the district over their weaponized rainbow.

And they are right. We all know what the song stands for. The teacher should not have brought this song in I. The first place. This is exactly what I've been saying. The LGBTQ BROUGHT this fight. They invaded and are upset when we fight back. Want to blame us for not wanting to corrupt the kids with their ideology.

They bring the ideology then complain and fuss and whine when we say we do y want it taught to the kids. And somehow we are the bad guys?

And now this teacher is bringing more chaos. Bring the song to bow down to the LGBTQ agenda, and then raise a stink when we don't bow down and bring more chaos.
What I find interesting with the LGBTIQ+ agenda is that it is an ideological belief and not anything based on facts and teachers can be sqeezed out of their jobs if they don't go along. Isn't that exactly the same as if a teacher or school wanted to uphold their religious belief and yet this is seen as illegal. It seems that Trans ideology is taking precendence over all else as though its a fact when its only a belief. It shows how hypocritical things have become in our public institutions.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They bring the ideology

We're talking about the song "Rainbowland"; at 'worst' a song about unspecified inclusion.

then complain and fuss and whine when we say we do y want it taught to the kids.
Yes, she publicly discussed the cancellation of the song by the school authorities.
And somehow we are the bad guys?
And then she was placed on leave. And she is the bad guy?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We're talking about the song "Rainbowland"; at 'worst' a song about unspecified inclusion.
As far as I understand 'Rainbow' is the symbol of LGBTIQ+ community. It doesn't take much to make the connection. Even the lyrics point this out "Wouldn’t it be nice to live in paradise. Where we’re free to be exactly who we are" and "Let’s all dig down deep inside. Brush the judgment and fear aside".

Miley Cyrus is an avid supporter of LGBTIQ+. If you want to make a song about unspecified inclusion then why not 'Togetherland or 'Unityland' or 'Oneland'. Why 'Rainbowland'. Rainbowland doesn't represent unspecified inclusion but rather promotes a particular kind of inclusion that comes along with unreal and divisive ideas and it alienates the majority of people who disagree with LGBTIQ+ ideology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You mean the inclusion rainbow isn't LGBTQ? Then why does every LGBTQ group use it as their symbol? Why is painted on city streets and hung from the capitol and embassies?

You know good and well what it's about. You are not fooling anyone.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes, she publicly discussed the cancellation of the song by the school authorities.
Hi e us the exact reason why she was put on leave. Show us the documents. From what I read the school isn't being specific because they can't be. If you kno anything about HR they can't just come out and give details.

Secondly the teacher has not produced any kind of evidence or documentation regarding precisely what she is on leave for. She CAN give the documentation. Perhaps this teacher is under investigation for several things.

We don't really know who the bad guy here is. But someone sure wants the school to look like the bad guy.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As far as I understand 'Rainbow' is the symbol of LGBTIQ+ community. It doesn't take much to make the connection. Even the lyrics point this out "Wouldn’t it be nice to live in paradise. Where we’re free to be exactly who we are"

How would those words not be applicable to being Muslim or Asian?

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How would those words not be applicable to being Muslim or Asian?
They do apply but the word 'Rainbow' gives it away which is symbolic of LGBTQI+ agenda which actually excludes Muslims and many others who disagree with the ideology. Like I said why not 'Unityland' or the many other words that have been used about unity.

The school banned the song because they said it was controversial and thats exactly what it is. It would have brought problems for the school. Not everyone agrees with the ideology in fact the majority disagree and it certainly should not be promoted in schools.

Even Miley Cyrus said it was a political song. She then donated money to the LGBTIQ+ community to buy books for the school as a result. I just worry what those books might be like indoctrinating little children that they can magically change sex to confuse them and send more kids down the transition path to wreck their bodies. This shows what the song was really about.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They do apply but the word 'Rainbow' gives it away which is symbolic of LGBTQI+ agenda which actually excludes Muslims and many others who disagree with the ideology. Like I said why not 'Unityland' or the many other words that have been used about unity.

The school banned the song because they said it was controversial and thats exactly what it is. It would have brought problems for the school. Not everyone agrees with the ideology in fact the majority disagree and it certainly should not be promoted in schools.

Even Miley Cyrus said it was a political song. She then donated money to the LGBTIQ+ community to buy books for the school as a result. I just worry what those books might be like indoctrinating little children that they can magically change sex to confuse them and send more kids down the transition path to wreck their bodies. This shows what the song was really about.
Yes, it turns out that sexual minorities are minorities protected by the same rights and Acts of Congress as the rest of us. And someone set this sentiment to music.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it turns out that sexual minorities are minorities protected by the same rights and Acts of Congress as the rest of us. And someone set this sentiment to music.
Except its not neutral. It promotes a specific ideological belief above all others as the truth about human nature, sex, gender, nature, reality which many others disagree with. The logic can be applied to creationism in schools. Creationism was deemed an ideological belief and not science. Trans and gender ideology is the same as it is an ideological belief based on queer theory which has no basis in science or reality for that matter.

So promoting this ideology is doing the exact opposite of inclusion and equality because it divides. It forces people to conform to one belief truth or else. Sound familiar.

Most people don't realize. They go along because the ideology is intertwined with Nobel causes and everyone agrees with Nobel causes like inclusion and equality. But its the particular way these Nobel causes are implemented thats the problem. The Nobel causes become the Trojan Horse that sneeks the ideology into childrens classrooms. The ideologues and activists are not stupid in that sense.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
They do apply but the word 'Rainbow' gives it away

The school banned the song because they said it was controversial and thats exactly what it is. It would have brought problems for the school.

It's bizarre that people are now apparently upset by rainbows.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,458.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What a patently ridiculous statement. How can we have any realistic conversations with you when you say such a foolish thing. A conversation can only be had with someone who actually hears what the other person is saying. A statement like this is just indication that you have your fingers in your ears and listening and have no intention of listening. Is that the case?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What a patently ridiculous statement. How can we have any realistic conversations with you when you say such a foolish thing. A conversation can only be had with someone who actually hears what the other person is saying. A statement like this is just indication that you have your fingers in your ears and listening and have no intention of listening. Is that the case?
You may need to invest in a mirror.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess thats what happens when words are hijacked by an ideology. Look at the word women. Mere mention of the word 'women' now and supporters of Trans and Gender ideology go crazy.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As far as I understand 'Rainbow' is the symbol of LGBTIQ+ community. It doesn't take much to make the connection. Even the lyrics point this out "Wouldn’t it be nice to live in paradise. Where we’re free to be exactly who we are" and "Let’s all dig down deep inside. Brush the judgment and fear aside".

Miley Cyrus is an avid supporter of LGBTIQ+. If you want to make a song about unspecified inclusion then why not 'Togetherland or 'Unityland' or 'Oneland'. Why 'Rainbowland'. Rainbowland doesn't represent unspecified inclusion but rather promotes a particular kind of inclusion that comes along with unreal and divisive ideas and it alienates the majority of people who disagree with LGBTIQ+ ideology.
Wow. You seem really triggered by this.

Like....about....
a song title.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The headline above is quite well-spun. It cannot be said to have accused anyone of firing the principal due to her not warning the complaining parents. It only subtlety implies that to be the case. What it literally says is that a principal was fired at some time after she did not warn parents about a nude male's sculpture being viewed in class. The two things happened in a specific order but the headline, if read objectively, makes no claim of causation. No claim is made by the headline that one was the cause of the other. the only claim is that the two happened in a chronological manner. Much like if I said "The sun came up today only after I opened the window" one cannot accuse me of claiming that my opening the window was the cause of the sun coming up even if my intention was to give that impression. It is a very good way to say something without having to defend oneself against charges that one is propagandizing or making claims that one cannot back up.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The headline above is quite well-spun. It cannot be said to have accused anyone of firing the principal due to her not warning the complaining parents. It only subtlety implies that to be the case. What it literally says is that a principal was fired at some time after she did not warn parents about a nude male's sculpture being viewed in class. The two things happened in a specific order but the headline, if read objectively, makes no claim of causation. No claim is made by the headline that one was the cause of the other. the only claim is that the two happened in a chronological manner. Much like if I said "The sun came up today only after I opened the window" one cannot accuse me of claiming that my opening the window was the cause of the sun coming up even if my intention was to give that impression. It is a very good way to say something without having to defend oneself against charges that one is propagandizing or making claims that one cannot back up.
OK, I'll just change it to the original headline of the article:

If I'm going to be slammed for propaganda, why should I waste any time making the headline accurate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow. You seem really triggered by this.

Like....about....
a song title.
Not so much triggered but concerned. I am not the only one. The school was concerned enough to ban the song. The majority of people are concerned about the ideology creeping into schools and society. I think anyone would be the same when it comes to concerns about children and abuse and politicizing childrens education but also the concern about the truth and reality on a wider scale as a society.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Not so much triggered but concerned. I am not the only one. The school was concerned enough to ban the song. The majority of people are concerned about the ideology creeping into schools and society. I think anyone would be the same when it comes to concerns about children and abuse and politicizing childrens education but also the concern about the truth and reality on a wider scale as a society.
Are they as concerned about guns in society? Because guns, believe it or not, kill more people than trans people do

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟246,295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are they as concerned about guns in society? Because guns, believe it or not, kill more people than trans people do
Guns are not really a concern in my country Australia nor most western nations except the US which seems a serious concern that needs to be addressed. But evenso it doesn't deminish the concern of Trans and Gender ideology.

There are all sorts of consequences and repercussions should we take this ideology to its logical conclusion. This is not just an education or childrens issue about harm or what we should teach kids but one for greater society about 'Truth' and reality. How we should order society and how we should implement that. In that sense it potentially is as big if not a greater concern as killing and guns.

Thats not to mention the direct psychological and physical harm caused to children and adolescents from indoctrinating them with this way of thinking. Harm is already being done so imagine if this ideology became completely mainstream and the norm or rather enforced in all schools and society wide. I think if that happened we would potentially end up with a great problem which we would look back on in the future in the same way as we did about the Churches abuse from years ago.

IMO I think its one of the biggest if not the biggest issue (and there's plenty of issues) facing society today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0