• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Florida high school shooting, 17 dead

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by CherubRam, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Ancient of Days

Ancient of Days Well-Known Member Supporter

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    So is it wrong to defend yourself and your family and those around us? If someone is violently attacking your children will you say to them, "stop that, Jesus and His followers weren't armed."? I doubt it, you will do whatever it takes to protect them.

What about "Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus." They were armed. They had to be and Jesus was okay with that since he said "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." The sword has been replaced with a firearm these days. No difference, we need them because that's what the people who want to harm other people are using.

2. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    I gave you the Australian experience and truly its worth looking at. I wasn't alive when it all went down but my dad said there was a lot of uproar about handing over guns. So I gather there was a lot of pain and the government actually bought them back. But once the gun armistice ended apparently it went very heavy - If you own a gun that's prohibited your in trouble big time. But despite the pain the result has been ZERO mass shooting murders since 1996. You have to admit thats not a bad outcome.

Now look I know the USA is a totally different story - but surely something can be learned from that

3. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Then perhaps your society would be better following simon's examples and get rid of your guns in favour of swords. :) dont take me seriously Im being a lil cheeky with you.

4. CherubRam

CherubRam My name is Michael, I am a Judaic Christian.

+729
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    Exodus 22:2
    “If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

Luke 22:49
    When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?”

5. Heber Book List

Heber Book List Theologian [Applied Theology]

+838
    United Kingdom
    Messianic
    Private
    So, you arm teachers and that simply escalates the stakes. The next step by the determined assassin would be lobbing hand grenades into schools through windows; grenades would take out a class in one go and are easier to hide, so multiple grenades could be carried in pockets, unobservable compared to using guns. Then what?

6. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+2,973
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    are you allowed to purchase hand grenades in the USA? is it legal?

7. CherubRam

+729
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    If violence is not met with violence, then the unrighteous rule the world.

8. CherubRam

+729
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    They are not legal, but that does not matter.

9. Heber Book List

+838
    United Kingdom
    Messianic
    Private
    It may be interesting to note in this forum that it seems that at least 40% of the students were Jews. That begs the question as to whether it was also a racist /anti-semitic attack?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. Heber Book List

+838
    United Kingdom
    Messianic
    Private
    In the UK ALL schools have locked outer doors. Entrance is only allowed to those who have legitimate business in the school. Anyone who tries to gain access in other ways would soon find the police speaking to them. Why do schools in the US not adopt this same, simple method - anyone trying to get in with a gun in their hands, or with no legitimate business, would not be allowed through the front doors in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. CherubRam

+729
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    Our legislators are ding dongs half the time.

12. CherubRam

+729
    United States
    Private
    US-Others
    You must purge the evil from among you.

13. Heber Book List

+838
    United Kingdom
    Messianic
    Private
    It might be cheaper, in terms of young lives being lost, to make sure the schools are safe in the first place. We learned our lesson from the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 when 26 lives were lost when a gunman entered a junior school and massacred children and staff.

If the staff, or the education authorities, in the US can't be bothered, get your government reps to start shouting for these minor, but significant, changes in all schools: No legitimate business = no entry. Attempts to force the way in would result in the auto alarm to the local police station being activated immediately.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  14. ChavaK

ChavaK להיות טוב ולעשות טוב

+1,372
    United States
    Judaism
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    I am an arch conservative, but I don't blame liberals for this. I blame Cruz.
    There are and always will be evil people amongst us.
    The system failed here though-again. He was reported as being suspicious and capable of this type of criminal act. Nothing was done.

15. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,219
    Christian
    Married
    You left out the part where Jesus tells Peter to put his sword away ... and heals the wounded man's ear ...

BTW ... the scriptures say that Jesus instructed His disciples to buy swords ... so that the scriptures would be fullfilled ...

Luke 22

36 Then said He unto them, “But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it and likewise his pack; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

37 For I say unto you that this that is written must yet be accomplished in Me: ‘And He was reckoned among the transgressors.’ For the things concerning Me have an end.”

I'm not arguing with your right to own a gun, ... just pointing out that you'll find little in scripture to support it.

Certainly not the Jesus Who said ... "Turn the other cheek ... "

16. Ancient of Days

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    So basically what your saying is if you or your family is violently attacked you will stand there and watch your family be slaughtered? How noble of you.

It is also written: " But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Providing for your own house goes well beyond paying the bills.

17. Ancient of Days

+749
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    No. The reason we have the second amendment is to keep the government in its place. The right to bear arms comes from God not from a government. As do all of my other rights.

18. Heber Book List

+838
    United Kingdom
    Messianic
    Private
    So when does this admirable concept really begin - it seems to have failed so far! Over 300 million people have guns and yet the US Government cannot solve the problem of mass shootings in schools (let alone in other places).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  19. chunkofcoal

chunkofcoal Messianic Christian

+315
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    They said on the news the shooter was a member of a white nationalist group, so it could have been a racist/antisemitic attack.

20. Shimshon

Shimshon Yeshua Defense Forces « צבא הגנה לישוע »

+738
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    That was fake news propagated by the ACLU. The leader of the RoF who stated Cruz was trained by the group recently prased Norwegian mass killer Anders reivik as a 'hero'. He also posted a strategy for creating 'lone wolf activists'.

It's said this fake news is actually a 4chan prank to further inflame the anti-Trump (american) agenda.

"The power of the internet troll is more prevalent today than it ever has been in history."
    http://theredelephants.com/internet...eving-shooter-member-white-nationalist-group/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List