Florida school principal says she was fired for teaching children about Michelangelo’s David

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,034.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As far as I understand 'Rainbow' is the symbol of LGBTIQ+ community. It doesn't take much to make the connection. Even the lyrics point this out "Wouldn’t it be nice to live in paradise. Where we’re free to be exactly who we are" and "Let’s all dig down deep inside. Brush the judgment and fear aside".
I can see why conservatives would be up in arms at this notion.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
See??????

This is the kind of garbage I'm talking about on another thread. This whole concept of what is "indecent" or "obscene" is freaking absurd. And you'll talk to people and say "Well obviously a reasonable person will think 'x'".....that's the point.

There are many unreasonable people.

If a grade 6 student sees David and was ACTUALLY "uncomfortable", that parent is truly messing up their kids.
Oh, yes, many people on the left delight in arguing with conservative Christians. Prove to us that Christianity is messing up kids. Both of my divorced parents were anti-Christian. They raised "messed up" kids!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are they as concerned about guns in society? Because guns, believe it or not, kill more people than trans people do
Guns don't kill people. Criminals kill people.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Oh, yes, many people on the left delight in arguing with conservative Christians. Prove to us that Christianity is messing up kids. Both of my divorced parents were anti-Christian. They raised "messed up" kids!
If you take the position that Michaelangelo's David is sexualized, yes, that is messed up. You have a messed up view of reality and you are passing it along to your kids.

These are the same people who sexualize and stigmatize breastfeeding in public.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rapists don't rape. Only the genitals do.

Doesn't make much sense eh?
About as much sense as guns kill people and people aren't responsible for their evil deeds.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
About as much sense as guns kill people and people aren't responsible for their evil deeds.
That's my point. The argument that guns don't kill people is stupid. You can be pedantic and say....
1683239311887.png

Saying the gun/bullet is what KILLS the person doesn't absolve the killer from the crime. What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that? Do you REALLY think that's what gun control experts think? Because htat would be a pooooooooooor reflection on you.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist
That's my point. The argument that guns don't kill people is stupid. You can be pedantic and say....
View attachment 330746

Saying the gun/bullet is what KILLS the person doesn't absolve the killer from the crime. What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that? Do you REALLY think that's what gun control experts think? Because htat would be a pooooooooooor reflection on you.
It's not the bullet; it's the hole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wings like Eagles

Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 330746

There is no such thing as a gun control expert, what kind of ridiculous nonsense is that.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rapists don't rape. Only the genitals do.

Doesn't make much sense eh?
It's doesn't make sense because you put it in reverse order.

Genitals don't rape. Only the rapists do.

Now it makes more sense.

That said, I'm all for genital control.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's doesn't make sense because you put it in reverse order.

Genitals don't rape. Only the rapists do.

Now it makes more sense.

That said, I'm all for genital control.
Yeah sorry. You're just repeating what you said initially so that's not really the strongest argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Its not the hole, its the size of the hole and how fast one bleads out.
It's not the blood bleeding out, it's the lack of oxygenated blood going to the brain due to bleeding out.

So you see, it's not criminals either.

Victims are REALLY to blame. They should be making sure all the blood stays in their body.

Upvote 0