• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Florida boss killed for supporting Trump?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Erik Nelson, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Erik Nelson

Erik Nelson Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,306
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+9,085
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Ugh. Least funny "Florida man" yet. :(

3. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+4,257
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    There's this other thread toying with the idea that murder of political opponents might be ok given whats at stake in contemporary politics.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+11,447
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Knight and Toney had been arguing earlier that morning as they rode into work together, possibly about their opposing political views – with Toney “anti-government” and Knight a supporter of President Donald Trump, according to Detective Fabian Ramirez in an affidavit.

Toney is “very outspoken about his belief that the government is bad and out to get him,” the detective wrote.

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,198
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Is this a case of paranoia type mental illness?

6. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+11,447
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Obviously, it's hard to say. Anti-government extremism is also possible (with or without a dose of clinical mental illness). Many anti-government types flocked to Trump as an outsider, but many others didn't. I wonder if that's what ruptured the two friends -- their different takes on Trump, both starting from similar positions before Trump. But this is just speculation at this point.

7. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+10,198
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    While all that is true and too common, it is unusual to murder your boss because of it - that is the part that points to mental illness, imo.

8. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+12,175
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I'm a little surprised nobody's tried to blame this on leftists yet.

9. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Well-Known Member

+700
    Atheist
    Private
    Oh, don't worry. It's coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,386
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    No all too surprised. As I have said before, Orlando is full of people that will assault Trump supporters. I myself have been assaulted. There are people absolutely losing their minds over trump. Going nuts.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • List
  11. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,472
    Christian
    Single
    I'm so certain of how this thread would be going if the reverse had happened, as in if an anti Trumper was killed, that I won't even go into detail.

It may cause trouble to say, but it's true, this just goes to show what we've seen all over the place, one party is much more reserved than the other, and does not have to bother with cheap shots, especially since this likely has little to do with politics.

In the end, the only real problem here is a very disturbed/unbalanced man who could have gone off on anyone, and due to any number of triggers. Very sad someone gets so frustrated they reach this stage, but not sure anyone could have see this coming?

12. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,708
    Muslim
    Single
    Maybe you should actually read the facts of the case before you spout more anecdotal nonsense.

13. LostMarbels

+2,386
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I read the article and, as an american I am allowed to have an opinion. I am not shocked that someone could be killed for stating they support Trump. It doesn't even come off as odd or too crazy to happen. Whether or not that is what happened in this case doesn't really matter to my point. It is how it was framed in the OP.

14. mala

mala fluffy lion

+1,708
    Muslim
    Single
    The man was essentially killed by an extreme anti government type. He wasn't killed because he supported trump. He could have supported the tooth fairy for all it mattered.
    Your point is garbage.

15. LostMarbels

+2,386
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

16. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,732
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    One could almost come to the conclusion that Trump is just not a good choice for a national leader with the effect he seems to have on politics and public discourse.

17. LostMarbels

+2,386
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    You see this here? Blame the victim as if this violence is justified. Trump supporters 'deserve' this.

One could almost come to the conclusion that people have lost their minds concerning this president, and will resort to almost anything, done to anyone, to stop him and/or punish those who support him.

Hence my comment it would not be surprising if this individual was killed because of supporting Trump.

If you cannot see how dangerous this sentiment is to so demonize a political rival and his base, that this violence is justifiable... then you need to check history. People on the receiving end of such treatment end up in railcars. In orange jumpsuits on their knees. Sometimes taking flight lessons off of 5 story buildings. Maybe even get to be set on fire, or go swimming in a cage.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • List
  18. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,732
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes.

Where are you seeing this? Show me.

I’ll address the rest of your post when you point out where I said he deserves it for being a Trump supporter.

19. Erik Nelson

Erik Nelson Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,306
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    others act out, blame who they don't like?

20. LostMarbels

+2,386
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    We have know each other on this forum, and responded to each other for years. We both know where each other stands, and you know full well what that snide remark was meant to imply. Quit the games. Stand for what you post.