Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The parents were told the child had no chance because of spina bifida, but they refused to give up.

(LifeSiteNews) — When Jaiden Ashlea and her fiancée Noah were told of their unborn son’s rare birth defect, they were advised to seek an abortion.

“Our son was diagnosed with spinal bifida at 19 weeks,” Ashlea said in a video she posted on TikTok. “At first, we were told there’s no hope, he’s going to be brain dead, he’s going to have no life.”

After the initial shock and discouragement, the young couple, both age 23, began to search for other options beyond giving up on their child’s life.

“We actually found a team of doctors in Orlando who specialize in open fetal surgery to repair the neural-tube defect in the baby’s back,” Ashlea said.

After a rare and life-saving journey, Jaiden and Noah welcomed their son last week.

Continued below.
Florida baby diagnosed with birth defect born after life-saving fetal surgery - LifeSite

• Winner
Reactions: Skye1300

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The parents were told the child had no chance because of spina bifida, but they refused to give up.

(LifeSiteNews) — When Jaiden Ashlea and her fiancée Noah were told of their unborn son’s rare birth defect, they were advised to seek an abortion.

“Our son was diagnosed with spinal bifida at 19 weeks,” Ashlea said in a video she posted on TikTok. “At first, we were told there’s no hope, he’s going to be brain dead, he’s going to have no life.”

After the initial shock and discouragement, the young couple, both age 23, began to search for other options beyond giving up on their child’s life.

“We actually found a team of doctors in Orlando who specialize in open fetal surgery to repair the neural-tube defect in the baby’s back,” Ashlea said.

After a rare and life-saving journey, Jaiden and Noah welcomed their son last week.

Continued below.
Florida baby diagnosed with birth defect born after life-saving fetal surgery - LifeSite
I was told with my last one that he would allegedly have SB and the dr checking the ultrasound said the surgery is typical now.
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ.:blueheart:

Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0