✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Wow...

I have no doubt Mr. Roger's wouldn't approve of Trump but I also think its really ironic/tragic to harass somebody that is going to a movie about Mr. Rogers. It's sort of like chasing somebody away from the one place in their life they might actually encounter a different point of view.

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Mr. Rogers was a liberal Presbyterian. But he took a subtle approach when broaching anything political on his show and didn't seek to alienate people. He would not have approved of this, and he believed very much in the dignity of every human being. Shaming people wasn't his style at all.

Mr. Rogers spent two hours a day in prayer. Maybe some people should follow his example, and less time stalking politicians in their private lives.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well that's unfortunate. Pam doesn't appear to care one bit about what Jesus says about loving your neighbor, but her willingness to listen to Mr. Rogers shows that maybe, just maybe she could've learned about it from him.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Pam Bondi is a wonderfully caring person and has been good to Florida, in spite of it being a left state.

Poe's Law.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well that's unfortunate. Pam doesn't appear to care one bit about what Jesus says about loving your neighbor, but her willingness to listen to Mr. Rogers shows that maybe, just maybe she could've learned about it from him.
Oh please.

• Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Mr. Rogers was a liberal Presbyterian. But he took a subtle approach when broaching anything political on his show and didn't seek to alienate people. He would not have approved of this, and he believed very much in the dignity of every human being. Shaming people wasn't his style at all.

Mr. Rogers spent two hours a day in prayer. Maybe some people should follow his example, and less time stalking politicians in their private lives.

or perhaps the time for being subtle has long since passed if the opposition itself is considering nazis to be "good people"

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Once again leftists look like idiots
Yes, but intimidating, threatening, vandalizing--and getting away with it--is a very serious challenge to our democracy.

Too many people do not realize that if these people who have been called "Liberal Fascists," are not called that for nothing. They and the political cause that they serve are not just acting up, but with all of these incidents are working towards the suppression all political opposition.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh please.

That was my exact reaction at your OP. A handful of people noticed Pam Bondi at the theater & expressed their intense disapproval for her on account of her actions. She's received more sympathy from some folks for having her playtime interpreted than young children in the target audience age of Mr. Roger's reruns have for being cruelly & deliberately separated from their parents.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Amazing to me that you can judge what is in someone's heart from afar, even regarding their relationship with Jesus, apparently. But okay. I won't be responding to you henceforth, ignore

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but intimidating, threatening, vandalizing--and getting away with it--is a very serious challenge to our democracy..

As long as someone is within the "bounds" of the law and their first amendment right to protest, assemble, etc then I see no problem with their actions. The ability to do so is what "enables" our democracy.

The "serious challenge" to our democracy are things that both sides of the isle are blind to. The Patriot Act, SESTA/FOSTA, Civil Forfeiture laws, etc are the things that actually threaten our democracy yet both sides of the isle are clueless. Each of these laws have great sounding names and great sounding purposes, yet when you look underneath the hood and take a closer look at the actual laws, those laws cripple the rights we think we have and take for granted.

Too many people do not realize that if these people who have been called "Liberal Fascists," are not called that for nothing. They and the political cause that they serve are not just acting up, but with all of these incidents are working towards the suppression all political opposition.

I guess I would ask you how does one protest when one believes that their rights and way of life are being put in danger?

I don't condone violence and there are plenty of leftie liberals who take protesting too far. BUt that is not the same as "working towards suppression of all political opposition".

I feel that we are spoiled in the West and too prone to hyperbole. You want to see real "suppression of all political opposition" then go to China or Russia or the country of Trump's new best friend North Korea...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As long as someone is within the "bounds" of the law and their first amendment right to protest, assemble, etc then I see no problem with their actions.

I am far from being able to agree that everything that these Democrat Party auxiliaries have been directed to do is within the bounds of the law. It is more the case that the authorities have looked the other way or actually assisted the rioters--just as the German authorities did during the 1920s.

Upvote 0