Flight of Christians from Mid-East Reaches Syria, What can you and I do?????

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
This is extremely interesting information smaneck.

I so thank you for this.....

Dennis, I wrote this three and a half years ago. Since then ISIS has claimed the Caliphate. However, right now they have a Caliph with no territory, something most Muslims find ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dennis, I wrote this three and a half years ago. Since then ISIS has claimed the Caliphate. However, right now they have a Caliph with no territory, something most Muslims find ridiculous.

Smaneck, do you think that a high percentage of people in the Islamic world are ready for a very different view of the Arab - Israeli conflict?

Do you think that cooperation on actively turning deserts green through large scale desalination of ocean water for projects like the Sahara Forest Project or Sahara Solar Breeder Project could help to unite the Islamic world with Israel and the western democracies?

Qu'ran teaches that Jews must return to Israel in latter days.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It would seem that if the Islamic world would take one of their own prophecies seriously then they would have at least one are in which they could cooperate with Israel and the USA and certainly with Norway that is already involved in the Sahara Forest Project.

Book 005, Number 2208:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour will not come before wealth becomes abundant and overflowing, so much so that a man takes Zakat out of his property and cannot find anyone to accept it from him and till the land of Arabia becomes meadows and rivers.
SAHIH MUSLIM, BOOK 25: The Book on General Behaviour (Kitab Al-Adab)

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Smaneck, do you think that a high percentage of people in the Islamic world are ready for a very different view of the Arab - Israeli conflict?

Perhaps in Iran which never should have had a dog in the fight to begin with. During the Green Movement young people carried signs indicating they didn't care about the Arab-Israeli dispute.

Do you think that cooperation on actively turning deserts green through large scale desalination of ocean water for projects like the Sahara Forest Project or Sahara Solar Breeder Project could help to unite the Islamic world with Israel and the western democracies?

The University of Arizona has had an Arid Lands Project going on for over a century and students come from all over the world to study there. Often some of those students are members of the Saudi Royal Family. But much of the Islamic world does not live in arid countries. Remember, only 20% of the Muslims live in the Middle East and North Africa, and a quarter of those live in Egypt which is blessed with the Nile. Most Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia which are largely tropical countries. Oil-rich countries in arid land already have good relations with Western democracies. Those democracies need their oil after all, and the oil-rich countries are happy to sell it. As for Israel, their help is not needed.

Chapter and verse, please.

Before the British Mandate, Muslims never tried to keep Jews out of Palestine. It was Christians like the Byzantians who prohibited them from living there. As soon as Muslims conquered Jerusalem from the Byzantines they allowed Jews to return. When the Crusaders conquered Jerusalem they gathered the Jews together in the synagogue and burned it to the ground. The majority of the inhabitants of Jerusalem were Jewish by the end of the Ottoman Empire. Problems started only when Zionists started buying up farm land and kicking out the tenants.

Understand that Christian Palestinians objected to Jews taking their land as much as Muslims. As for water conservation projects leading to 'greening' in Israel, some of the best projects were carried out by Baha'is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Perhaps in Iran which never should have had a dog in the fight to begin with. During the Green Movement young people carried signs indicating they didn't care about the Arab-Israeli dispute.

The University of Arizona has had an Arid Lands Project going on for over a century and students come from all over the world to study there. Often some of those students are members of the Saudi Royal Family. But much of the Islamic world does not live in arid countries. Remember, only 20% of the Muslims live in the Middle East and North Africa, and a quarter of those live in Egypt which is blessed with the Nile. Most Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia which are largely tropical countries. Oil-rich countries in arid land already have good relations with Western democracies. Those democracies need their oil after all, and the oil-rich countries are happy to sell it. As for Israel, their help is not needed.

Chapter and verse, please.

Before the British Mandate, Muslims never tried to keep Jews out of Palestine. It was Christians like the Byzantians who prohibited them from living there. As soon as Muslims conquered Jerusalem from the Byzantines they allowed Jews to return. When the Crusaders conquered Jerusalem they gathered the Jews together in the synagogue and burned it to the ground. The majority of the inhabitants of Jerusalem were Jewish by the end of the Ottoman Empire. Problems started only when Zionists started buying up farm land and kicking out the tenants.

Understand that Christian Palestinians objected to Jews taking their land as much as Muslims. As for water conservation projects leading to 'greening' in Israel, some of the best projects were carried out by Baha'is.

Here are a couple of verses from the Koran verifying that the Jewish people
must return to the Holy Land in the latter days, (or Last Hour as Muslims term it).

"To Moses We [Allah] gave nine clear signs. Ask the Israelites how he [Moses] first appeared amongst them. Pharoah said to him: 'Moses, I can see that you are bewitched.' 'You know full well,' he [Moses] replied, 'that none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth has revealed these visible signs. Pharoah, you are doomed.'"

"Pharoah sought to scare them [the Israelites] out of the land [of Israel]: but We [Allah] drowned him [Pharoah] together with all who were with him. Then We [Allah] said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land [the Land of Israel]. When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel]."

"We [Allah] have revealed the Qur'an with the truth, and with the truth it has come down. We have sent you [Muhammed] forth only to proclaim good news and to give warning."

[Qur'an, "Night Journey," chapter 17:100-104]

"Say: 'O God, King of the kingdom (1), Thou givest the kingdom to whom Thou pleasest, and Thou strippest off the kingdom from whom Thou pleasest; Thou endowest with honour whom Thou pleasest, and Thou bringest low whom Thou pleasest: all the best is in Thy hand. Verily, Thou hast power over all things.'"(2) [Qur'an 3:26]

"And [remember] when Moses said to his people: 'O my people, call in remembrance the favour of God unto you, when he produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave to you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people, enter the Holy Land which God has assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.'" [Qur'an 5:20-21]

I found these in the article:

The Qur'an and the Land of Israel

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Here are a couple of verses from the Koran verifying that the Jewish people
must return to the Holy Land in the latter days, (or Last Hour as Muslims term it).
I found these in the article:

The Qur'an and the Land of Israel

Dennis,

Those verses have been interpolated. Take out all those words with brackets around them which were added to the text you will see that they are not about the Latter Days at all. They are about what will occur during Moses and Joshua's own lifetime.

warmest, Susan

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dennis,

Those verses have been interpolated. Take out all those words with brackets around them which were added to the text you will see that they are not about the Latter Days at all. They are about what will occur during Moses and Joshua's own lifetime.

warmest, Susan

I ran into something a few weeks ago that I have got to send you a personal message to see what you think of this?

I would like to leave you with this article though......

I Saw the Complete Destruction of America | Z3 News

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To re-answer the topic headline I think the new American political climate is clear: the door is closed.

True.... but the stage is set for something different........

Are President Trump's immigration policies setting the stage for
the most massive outpouring of the Holy Spirit to ever occur?

Will it be felt most in the Islamic world?

Let's face it..... when the majority of Muslims see that Honor Killings and
Feminine Genital Mutilation and participation in plans to
over throw democratic governments......
are backfiring......
they could well be inspired and encouraged to initiate what will lead to
what a woman from Alberta, Canada was shown back in 2009.

Watch: Behar Just Trashed Her Career With Disgusting Anti-Christian Insult

Trump’s New Executive Order Includes Mandate on Honor Killings

and......

A word for those ministering to Moslems!
Mary A Burris:
"February 6, 2009

While spending time with the Lord He reminded me of Ali's funeral (Ali was my first husband who was murdered in 94/95) and how the Holy Spirit had me praying in tongues and in travail for the muslim people's salvation in Christ Jesus.

He assured me that He heard my prayer that day. Suddenly I became very excited in my spirit and asked the Holy Spirit

"What's going on?"

This is what He said:

You'll see... It'll be explosive when it happens. They will flock towards salvation as the hardness is lifted off of their hearts and the scales are removed from their eyes. They are a passionate people but their purpose has not yet been served. Upon the fulfillment of their role in the history of mankind there will be a flood of souls pouring into the kingdom of God for His glory. They have been scorned, they have been accused, but the ones who are pure in heart shall see God. When He reveals Himself to them in all His glory they will prostrate themselves before Him in a way they have never done before. When He opens the eyes of their understanding and unstops their ears to hear what His Holy Spirit is revealing the waves of tears of repentance will flood the ground they occupy and they will be purged once and for all time of the stains of their unbelief. The Lord is calling out for a pure and holy nation before God and He will do as He chooses and choose as He pleases and mankind will truly stand in awe of His mighty Majesty and Splendor as the precious souls are ushered into His kingdom.

GIVE HIM PRAISE AND GLORY!" (Mary A Burris)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Pray! And Pray Hard! Amen?

This is all becoming relevant again........
a Pastor David Herzog predicted an Exodus of Jews from the USA.... to Canada... and then on to Israel..... I believe that what is happening in terms of economics is setting that up.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To re-answer the topic headline I think the new American political climate is clear: the door is closed.

But not to Christians from Syria.... or Yazidi........ who are obviously in far more danger than Muslims from Syria.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No -
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Read Genesis 1 -all of the "God said"? Also see that Jesus' baptism was more of an annointing:
Luke 3
21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,
22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Acts 10
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him

Very intriguing indeed!

Thank you for this!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

My wife and I watched two episodes of a powerful documentary yesterday evening titled....... "Living Undocumented."

Theoretically a reality film could be set up where the Israeli couple who are now living in California that were in that film might perhaps become reality films stars who spend part of their time in Canada....... as actors and actresses starring as themselves......... in a branch of a possible film series associated with the idea of an Exodus of Jews from the USA up to Canada before they make full fledged Aliyah to Israel.

From Canada the dad could fairly easily take planes to Los Angeles to continue to run his company there?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
After teaching English in Quito, Ecuador for over a year I returned home to Nova Scotia determined to become more socially and politically active.
I have the feeling that there must be something constructive and specific that socially and politically active Christians and Muslims aught to be able to be able to do at this time that can improve as well as even save some lives over the coming weeks, months and years?????!!!!

Flight of Christians from Mid-East Reaches Syria :: Gatestone Institute
"The armed [rebels] in Syria [have] murdered more than 200 Christians in the city of Homs, including entire families with young children," a priest in Homs told Barnabas Aid magazine. "These gangs kidnapped Christians and demanded high ransoms. In two cases, after the ransoms were paid, the men's bodies were found."
Hello. Christians have been persecuted ever since Pentecost as prohecied by our Lord Jesus. Christians are told to flee from those cities and places where they are being persecuted.

The most important NT biblical flight was that of the Christian Jews between 66 and 70AD

Matt 10:23 "Whenever yet they may be pursuing/persecuting ye in this city, be fleeing into the other.
For Amen I am saying to ye, not no ye should be finishing the cities of the Israel till ever may be coming the Son of the Man".

Matt 23:34 "Because of this behold! I am Commissioning toward ye Prophets and Wise-men and Scribes, out of them ye shall be killing and ye shall be crucifying and out of them ye shall be scourging in the synagogues of ye, and ye shall be persecuting/pursuing from City into City"
Acts 1:8 But ye will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and ye will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

======================
Here is what the LORD says about "rebels/rebellion" and those that defy the Gospel of Jesus the Christ:

[I believe these verses are referring to the 1st century Jewish rebels that revolted against Rome in 66AD just before the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD:]

Isaiah 1:
23 - Your rulers/princes are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them.
28 - But rebels and sinners shall be broken together, and those who forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Ezekiel 20:38
- “I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.

Hosea 5:2
- The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them.

Daniel 8:23
- “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise.
=====================================
Jesus says they were going to see wars and hear of rumors of war associated with the Jewish rebellion in 66Ad.....

Matthew 24:6
6 “Yet ye shall be being about to be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled<2360>, for is binding to becoming,
but not as yet the End<5056>
16 then those in Judea — let them be fleeing! into the mountains;

Mark 13:

7 “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled for is binding to be becoming,
14 Then those in the Judea, let them be fleeing into the mountains

Luke 21:
9 “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tumults<181>, no may be being frightened<4422>, for is binding these to be becoming,
but not immediately the End<5056>
20 Whenever yet ye may be seeing Jerusalem being encompassed by armies, then be ye knowing! that nigh Her desolation.
21 then those in Judea, let them be fleeing into the mountains;
and those in her midst, let them depart out; and those in the countries, let them not come in to her;
=================================
PA_banner_josephus-copy.jpg

Pella Flight Tradition
Capstone to the Fulfillment of Jesus Christ’s Olivet Prophecy

AD 66-70 Flights from Jerusalem

• [c. November 66] After this calamity had befallen Cestius, many of the most eminent of the Jews swam away from the city… Jewish War 2:20:1
Flavius Josephus (A.D. 75) (Opportunity Arises to Flee) “It then happened that Cestius was not conscious either how the besieged despaired of success, nor how courageous the people were for him; and so he recalled his soldiers from the place, and by despairing of any expectation of taking it, without having received any disgrace, he retired from the city, without any reason in the world.” (Wars, II, XIX, 6,7)
  • [c. Winter 67/68 before Passover] “The Idumeans complied with these persuasions; and, in the first place, they set those that were in the prisons at liberty, being about two thousand of the populace, who thereupon fled away immediately to Simon” Jewish War 4:6:1

“These things were told Vespasian by deserters; for although the seditious watched all the passages out of the city, and destroyed all, whosoever they were, that came thither, yet were there some that had concealed themselves, and when they had fled to the Romans, … Vespasian did indeed already pity the calamities these men were in… ” Jewish War : 4:7:3
===========================
Josephus is a must read for Jews, Muslims and Christians

Visual Timeline of the Roman-Jewish War ARTchive
CHRONOLOGY IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE WAR

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
======================================
The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation,
if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."

(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)

History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ; the striking verification which they afford of so many of the prophecies, both of the Old and New Testament, and the powerful arguments of the divine authority of the Scriptures which are thence derived
While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers, who plundered the towns; and, in case of resistance, slew the inhabitants, not sparing either women or children. Simon, son of Gioras, the commander of one of these bands, at the head of forty thousand banditti, having with some difficulty entered Jerusalem, gave birth to a third faction, and the flame of civil discord blazed out again, with still more destructive fury.

The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts. John of Gischala, who headed one of the factions, burnt storehouses full of provisions ; and Simon, his great antagonist, who headed another of them, soon afterwards followed his example. Thus they cut the very sinews of their own strength.

At this critical and alarming conjuncture, intelligence arrived that the Roman an army was approaching the city. The Jews were petrified with astonishment and fear ; there was no time for counsel, no hope of pacification, no means of flight:-- all was wild disorder and perplexity :- nothing was to be heard but "the confused noise of the warrior, " -- nothing to be seen but garments rolled in blood," -- nothing to be expected from the Romans but signal and exemplary vengeance. A ceaseless cry of combatants was heard day and night, and yet the lamentations of mourners were still more dreadful.

The consternation and terror which now prevailed induced many inhabitants to desire that a foreign foe might come, and effect their deliverance. Such was the horrible condition of the place when Titus and his army presented themselves, and encamped before Jerusalem ; but, alas ! not to deliver it from its miseries but to fulfill the prediction, and vindicate the benevolent warning of our Lord : "When ye see (he had said to his disciples) the abomination of desolation, spoken or by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place, [11] and Jerusalem surrounded by armies (or camps,) then let those who are in the midst of Jerusalem depart, and let not those who are in the country enter into her," for " then know that the desolation thereof is nigh." Matt. xxiv. 15, 21 ; Luke xxi. 20, 1-11. These armies, we do not hesitate to affirm were those of the Romans,
================================
Great vid on that historical event:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello. Christians have been persecuted ever since Pentecost as prohecied by our Lord Jesus. Christians are told to flee from those cities and places where they are being persecuted.

The most important NT biblical flight was that of the Christian Jews between 66 and 70AD

Matt 10:23 "Whenever yet they may be pursuing/persecuting ye in this city, be fleeing into the other.
For Amen I am saying to ye, not no ye should be finishing the cities of the Israel till ever may be coming the Son of the Man".

Matt 23:34 "Because of this behold! I am Commissioning toward ye Prophets and Wise-men and Scribes, out of them ye shall be killing and ye shall be crucifying and out of them ye shall be scourging in the synagogues of ye, and ye shall be persecuting/pursuing from City into City"

======================
Here is what the LORD says about "rebels/rebellion" and those that defy the Gospel of Jesus the Christ:

[I believe these verses are referring to the 1st century Jewish rebels that revolted against Rome in 66AD just before the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD:]

Isaiah 1:
23 - Your rulers/princes are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them.
28 - But rebels and sinners shall be broken together, and those who forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Ezekiel 20:38
- “I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.

Hosea 5:2
- The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them.

Daniel 8:23
- “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise.
=====================================
Jesus says they were going to see wars and hear of rumors of war associated with the Jewish rebellion in 66Ad.....

6 “Yet ye shall be being about to be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled<2360>, for is binding to becoming,
16 then those in Judea — let them be fleeing! into the mountains;

Mark 13:

7 “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tidings of battles, be seeing! be not be being troubled for is binding to be becoming,
14 Then those in the Judea, let them be fleeing into the mountains

Luke 21:
9 “Yet whenever ye should be hearing battles and tumults<181>, no may be being frightened<4422>, for is binding these to be becoming,
but not immediately the End<5056>
20 Whenever yet ye may be seeing Jerusalem being encompassed by armies, then be ye knowing! that nigh Her desolation.
21 then those in Judea, let them be fleeing into the mountains;
and those in her midst, let them depart out; and those in the countries, let them not come in to her;
=================================
PA_banner_josephus-copy.jpg

Pella Flight Tradition
Capstone to the Fulfillment of Jesus Christ’s Olivet Prophecy

===========================

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
======================================
The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers, who plundered the towns; and, in case of resistance, slew the inhabitants, not sparing either women or children. Simon, son of Gioras, the commander of one of these bands, at the head of forty thousand banditti, having with some difficulty entered Jerusalem, gave birth to a third faction, and the flame of civil discord blazed out again, with still more destructive fury. The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts. John of Gischala, who headed one of the factions, burnt storehouses full of provisions ; and Simon, his great antagonist, who headed another of them, soon afterwards followed his example. Thus they cut the very sinews of their own strength. At this critical and alarming c onjuncture, intelligence arrived that the Roman an army was approaching the city. The Jews were petrified with astonishment and fear ; there was no time for counsel, no hope of pacification, no means of flight:-- all was wild disorder and perplexity :- nothing was to be heard but "the confused noise of the warrior, " -- nothing to be seen but garments rolled in blood," -- nothing to be expected from the Romans but signal and exemplary vengeance. A ceaseless cry of combatants was heard day and night, and yet the lamentations of mourners were still more dreadful. The consternation and terror which now prevailed induced many inhabitants to desire that a foreign foe might come, and effect their deliverance. Such was the horrible condition of the place when Titus and his army presented themselves, and encamped before Jerusalem ; but, alas ! not to deliver it from its miseries but to fulfill the prediction, and vindicate the benevolent warning of our Lord : "When ye see (he had said to his disciples) the abomination of desolation, spoken or by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place, [11] and Jerusalem surrounded by armies (or camps,) then let those who are in the midst of Jerusalem depart, and let not those who are in the country enter into her," for " then know that the desolation thereof is nigh." Matt. xxiv. 15, 21 ; Luke xxi. 20, 1-11. These armies, we do not hesitate to affirm were those of the Romans,
================================
Great vid on that great historical event:

Wow!!!

Thank you for these details about that time period.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleLambofJesus said:

16 then those in Judea — let them be fleeing! into the mountains
===================
Wow!!!
Thank you for these details about that time period.
Hello Dennis. Your welcome, and "wow" is what I said.

Since studying on the 1st century Roman/Jewish wars, it made me wonder how many OT and NT Bible prophecies were fulfilled up to and including the sieges of Jerusalem and Masada.

I do not want to go off topic too much on your thread, but the siege of Masada was the final end of the 7 year Roman/Jewish wars and was also chronicled by the Jewish historian, F Josephus.

Like Jerusalem, once the Romans built a wall of circumvallation, there was no escape for the Jewish rebels, then building a a mound to eventually reach the mountain top fortress.

The same person that created the video of 70AD Jerusalem also created this dramatic video showing the Roman siege of Masada in 73AD, the evidence of which still stands today and the resolve of the Romans to completely and utterly crush the Jewish Rebellion
Isaiah 1:23 - Your rulers/princes are rebels, partners with thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case does not come before them.
Ezekiel 20:38 - “I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
Hosea 5:2 - The rebels are knee-deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them.
=======================================
John 11:48 "If ever we may be letting Him thus, all shall be believing into Him,
and shall be coming the Romans and they shall be taking away of Us and the Place and the Nation."
Revelation 6:6 And I hear as a sound in midst of the four living ones, saying: "measure of grain of Denarius and three measure of barley of Denarius, and the olive-oil and the wine no you should be injuring".

"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."

Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70
============================
Invicta 667K subscribers
"In 73 AD Masada, the impregnable mountain fortress in the Judaean desert, stood as the final holdout against the onslaught of Rome’s legions. The siege that followed would mark the final, bloody suppression of the Jewish revolt with an encounter whose awe inspiring remains can still be seen in the desert today!"

========================
Siege of Masada - Wikipedia

The siege of Masada was one of the final events in the First Jewish–Roman War, occurring from 73 to 74 CE on and around a large hilltop in current-day Israel.

The siege was chronicled by Flavius Josephus, a Jewish rebel leader captured by the Romans, in whose service he became a historian. According to Josephus the long siege by the troops of the Roman Empire led to the mass suicide of the Sicarii rebels and resident Jewish families of the Masada fortress, although this is not supported by archaeological investigation.

The siege has become controversial, with some Jews regarding Masada as a place of reverence, commemorating ancestors who fell heroically against oppression, and others regarding it as a testament to extremism and a refusal to compromise.
==========================
Flavius Josephus | Jewish priest, scholar, and historian

Flavius Josephus, original name Joseph Ben Matthias, (born ad 37/38, Jerusalem—died ad 100, Rome), Jewish priest, scholar, and historian who wrote valuable works on the Jewish revolt of 66–70 and on earlier Jewish history. His major books are History of the Jewish War (75–79), The Antiquities of the Jews (93), and Against Apion.

Early life.
Flavius Josephus was born of an aristocratic priestly family in Jerusalem. According to his own account, he was a precocious youth who by the age of 14 was consulted by high priests in matters of Jewish law. At age 16 he undertook a three-year sojourn in the wilderness with the hermit Bannus, a member of one of the ascetic Jewish sects that flourished in Judaea around the time of Christ.

Returning to Jerusalem, he joined the Pharisees—a fact of crucial importance in understanding his later collaboration with the Romans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0