Flight of Christians from Mid-East Reaches Syria, What can you and I do?????

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was given what I am sure is a word of knowledge or prophecy from a gifted Christian yesterday and I feel that this fits with God answering many of your prayers on our behalf after I asked you these questions!!!!

Thank you for your prayers!

Sandra Johnston:
"Amen. God bless you. He is blessing you. There is an umbrella of protection over you, and under the umbrella it is raining blessings. Outside the umbrella it is dry and hard and dead."

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I met Sandra after posting a message to the wall of Pastor Rick Joyner. She replied to what I wrote. I get the impression that Sandra has gotten to that place where she is guided by the Holy Spirit for a high percentage of each day!!!

Too bad....but so far as I know I would only be perhaps thirtieth cousins with the owners of TatePublishing.com!!!???

God's Spirit Workbook by Sandra K. Johnston PhD, LPC, SAC | ISBN # 978-1-62510-136-5 | Tate Publishing

God's Spirit Workbook
A Fresh Format for Exercising God's Holy Spirit to Break Bondage
by Sandra K. Johnston PhD, LPC, SAC

Bondage- whether spiritual, emotional, psychological, or physical- encapsulates many people today. Imagine how good it would feel to be free of baggage that weighs you down.

God's Spirit Workbook is your guide to a fresh experience free from bondage. God's spirit breathes life into us and into every situation we face (Genesis 2:7), and God also breathed life into his word to equip us for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17) rather than being held back from our true destinies. Take a deep breath and feel the Holy Spirit of God refresh you as you delve into the Biblical scriptures to investigate the lessons in God's Spirit Workbook. When you allow God to meet you where you are, he can revive and revitalize all that became dull or dead in your life. He longs to walk on the journey of discovery and recovery with you in an intimate way.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wow.....I so thank you all for your prayers!!!!

I feel that real progress is being made toward understanding the prediction that I was given that I quoted back on page 2 of this thread!!!!!!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praise God!! Continuing to pray!

Before the Festival of Tabernacles in 2013 I am hoping to have a significant update on this whole subject!!!!!!

Major steps were taken.....just this morning actually!

I have been hoping to set up two 36 acre micro-nations here in Nova Scotia......in order to initiate something of a Cyrus treaty as visualized by a gifted writer/visionary from Uganda!

http://www.christianforums.com/t7647317-3/
Eporu Ronald Alfred

Kakira Deliverance Church,
P.O. Box 3191, Kakira, Jinja, Uganda

Dear brethren,
I salute you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

RE: SHARING NEW DISCOVERIES OF THE TRUTH IN BIBLE PROPHECY CONCERNING THE IMMINENT HEALING AND UNITY OF THE CHURCH

I am mesmerized by the truth in bible prophecy that the Spirit of God has been revealing over the recent years. Secret things belong to God and those that are revealed belong to us and our children... (Deut 29: 29).

1. King Cyrus the great ruled his country 555 years Before Christ i.e. from 576 BC to 530 BC and authorised the rebuilding of the second temple in Jerusalem. Cyrus of the Old Testament is hence associated with the number 555 and is the shadow figure of incoming Cyrus II of the New Testament. You may learn more about his history from the internet and scriptures. This new truth enables us to identify the leadership of the world that will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem as prophesied in book of Isaiah before the rise of antichrist. Cyrus II is coming to revive the evangelical/Pentecostal church in Jerusalem and restore the headquarters of the church in same city where the church was born. He is set to strip Babylon of the vessels of the temple and the name of the Lord God and transfer that crown back to Jerusalem thus leaving Babylon naked. Cyrus will rebuild the temple in Jerusalem in fulfilment of the prophecy of Jesus as written in the book of John 2:18-23 and the prophecy of Isaiah as written in chapters 40, 41, 45 and 47 of the book of Isaiah. Jesus regarded the temple as the symbol of his own body while saying that he had the power to lay it down on the first day (1st millennium) and rebuild or raise it up on the 3rd day (3rd millennium). Remember that one day in the eyes of God is the same as one thousand years (millennium) as stated in book of 2 Peter 3:8. Rebuilding of the temple is thus associated with unification of the church.

Cyrus II will rebuild the temple in honour of our lord Jesus Christ. The temple will be the unifying (rallying) point of the world wide evangelical church as the original headquarters of the church. Psalms133 denotes that there is such a powerful anointing that comes along with unity among brethren. Unification of the whole body of Jesus Christ will make the church so powerful that she will overrun the world within a short time before the return of our lord Jesus Christ. A divided church is a powerless church whereas a united church is a powerful church. The church can only be able to fulfil her ultimate mission of revealing Jesus to the world once we get united as one body of Jesus Christ following his last prayer for his disciples as written in John 17:20-23.

Cyrus II will erase that false image of Jesus that the counterfeit and Idolatrous state church of Babylon has been projecting around the world and revive the original church that projects the true brilliant image of Jesus Christ. Haggai 2:9 says that the glory of the latter church (temple) will be greater than the glory of the former church (temple).The rise of Cyrus will also usher in the ultimate fulfilment of the prophecy of Joel 2:28 where God intends to pour out His Spirit on all flesh in these last days. The era of Cyrus brings the gentile period of grace to its close and leads to the restoration of the Jewish period of grace and salvation.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praise God!! Thank you for sharing. Continuing to pray.

These last 17 days have been wild!!!!!

I had a negative reaction to the pain killer that I took after my hernia operation. I felt forced to begin juice fasts for both physical as well as spiritual reasons. Things are coming together fast...............

My apologies if I already added a link into this in this thread somewhere but it does fit in very well......

https://www.facebook.com/notes/denn...ician-the-film-series-concept/310416062401072

Canada's Worst Politician, the film series concept?!

Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

So true.....but surely since I am a Christian living in a somewhat "Christian nation".....who has already ran for public office as an independent three times....you can understand why I feel a special responsibility to at least try to give my Member of Parliament, Mr. Peter Mackay, something specific that he might just be able to work with??????

Most Syrian Christians are Orthodox, and most Protestants, especially the fundie types we have in Canada and the US, don't consider Orthodox Christians to actually be Christians.

NATO attacked Serbia, supported Kosovo and Albanian Muslim terrorists, and recently bankrupted Greece and tried to do the same to Cyprus.

The West is not an ally of Orthodox Christians, so I hardly expect the West to assist Christians in the Middle East (who are mostly Orthodox).

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Most Syrian Christians are Orthodox, and most Protestants, especially the fundie types we have in Canada and the US, don't consider Orthodox Christians to actually be Christians.

Most American fundamentalists don't even know enough about the Orthodox Church to say whether or not they are Christians. The ones who learn something about it, become in my experience become rather attracted to it.

NATO attacked Serbia, supported Kosovo and Albanian Muslim terrorists, and recently bankrupted Greece and tried to do the same to Cyprus.

Do you seriously think this some kind of war against Orthodox Christianity? You don't suppose NATO might have been trying to stop genocide in Serbia?

Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

Most American fundamentalists don't even know enough about the Orthodox Church to say whether or not they are Christians. The ones who learn something about it, become in my experience become rather attracted to it.

The know enough about it that our church has had fundies threaten to preach 'against' us in front of our own church building (during one of our morning services that also happened to be during a major neighbourhood festival), only to be stopped by authorities citing Canada's anti-hate laws...

Do you seriously think this some kind of war against Orthodox Christianity? You don't suppose NATO might have been trying to stop genocide in Serbia?

Plenty has been written about the lies the west used as pretext to attack Serbians, including articles by Major-General Lewish MacKenzie, a Canadian general and UN forces commander in Bosnia. He specifically described how Bosnian Muslim fighters would attack Serb villages, killing inhabitants and burning buildings, then retreat back into the UN safe zones.

Muslim atrocities were covered up, Muslim deaths were exaggerated and/or faked (no evidence supports the numbers claimed in the Srebrenica massacre), and the international community hasn't exactly been convincing in their accusations against Serbian leaders, failing to convict most, and having Milosevic die in their care in questionable circumstances.

If the West's agenda wasn't clear when they attacked Serbia, it was made very clear when they recognized Kosovo as a nation. Their treatment of Greece and especially Cyprus, as well as denial of Turkish genocide of Armenians and Greeks just hammers home the point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟20,609.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm not sure there is much that you can do unless maybe you find a way to get cash and supplies to the Christian refugees. There might already be a charity in place or if one had the time, know how, etc.. to get one started themselves that could be of help.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The know enough about it that our church has had fundies threaten to preach 'against' us in front of our own church building (during one of our morning services that also happened to be during a major neighbourhood festival), only to be stopped by authorities citing Canada's anti-hate laws...

I don't doubt that there are some fundies that are over the top in this regard. But I can't tell you how many evangelicals I know who, once they got over the fundie stage began to look very seriously at the Orthodox Church.

Plenty has been written about the lies the west used as pretext to attack Serbians, including articles by Major-General Lewish MacKenzie, a Canadian general and UN forces commander in Bosnia. He specifically described how Bosnian Muslim fighters would attack Serb villages, killing inhabitants and burning buildings, then retreat back into the UN safe zones.

I don't doubt there were Muslim atrocities as well, but not on the same scale.
Payam Akhavan who drafted the indictments against Slobodan Milosevic was not acting out of hatred towards the Orthodox Church. He himself came to Canada as a refugee from religious persecution in Iran.

If the West's agenda wasn't clear when they attacked Serbia, it was made very clear when they recognized Kosovo as a nation. Their treatment of Greece and especially Cyprus, as well as denial of Turkish genocide of Armenians and Greeks just hammers home the point.

You do realize that Armenians are Monophysites not Orthodox?

Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

You do realize that Armenians are Monophysites not Orthodox?

There are actually agreements in place for Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox lay believers to commune in each others' churches. At our church we have a number of Copts, Ethiopians, Armenians, and a family of Indian Orthodox believers. We also share our building with a Malankara Indian Orthodox parish that serves immigrants from India.

While the 'monophysites' are not officially part of the Orthodox Church, for all practical purposes they are Orthodox, share the same faith, and in time we'll be officially and fully reunited.

Upvote 0
M

Mikeb85

I don't doubt that there are some fundies that are over the top in this regard. But I can't tell you how many evangelicals I know who, once they got over the fundie stage began to look very seriously at the Orthodox Church.

At our parish we have 3 former evangelical pastors...

But most protestants who are still firmly entrenched on the other side are quite hostile.

I don't doubt there were Muslim atrocities as well, but not on the same scale.
Payam Akhavan who drafted the indictments against Slobodan Milosevic was not acting out of hatred towards the Orthodox Church. He himself came to Canada as a refugee from religious persecution in Iran.

This is really the issue though. The 'scale' of Muslim atrocities was severely downplayed or hidden, the scale of Serbian atrocities was exaggerated, and this has been spoken of by many UN officials, from a multitude of countries.

Srebrenica Comments by Morillon, MacKenzie, and Owen | Empire & War

There are plenty of other sources out there too, Major-General Lewis MacKenzie's account was published in the Globe and Mail, testimonies during trials, etc...

I don't doubt Payam Akhavan had good intentions.

Anyhow, seeing as how Orthodox Christians have been attacked by Muslim invaders in nearly every country they have inhabited, for the last 1300 years, I doubt the West really 'gets' it.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
There are actually agreements in place for Oriental Orthodox and Eastern Orthodox lay believers to commune in each others' churches. At our church we have a number of Copts, Ethiopians, Armenians, and a family of Indian Orthodox believers. We also share our building with a Malankara Indian Orthodox parish that serves immigrants from India.

While the 'monophysites' are not officially part of the Orthodox Church, for all practical purposes they are Orthodox, share the same faith, and in time we'll be officially and fully reunited.

Well, I'm glad to see you feel that way about them. The fact remains that the "West" does not put them all in one box and is not out to get them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

Mikeb85

Well, I'm glad to see you feel that way about them. The fact remains that the "West" does not put them all in one box and is not out to get them.

Actions speak louder than words.

How about the western media's demonization of Putin and the ROC over the prison sentence given to a punk rock band in Russia? The same actions that would have put them in jail in Canada or the UK, yet the west cries foul when it involves the Russian Church.

How about support given to Egypt and the Muslim brotherhood, who continually oppress the Copts? Or Israel's oppression of Christians in the West Bank and Jerusalem? Turkey's actions in Cyprus? Supporting Islamic terror in the Balkans? Refusing to acknowledge Turkey's oppression of Christians as they race towards EU membership? The list goes on and on...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The West is not an ally of Orthodox Christians, so I hardly expect the West to assist Christians in the Middle East (who are mostly Orthodox).
Sad but true...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is sad enough that we in the U.S have chosen to back up Syria when it comes to weapons given to the rebels (training them since 2012 ) - and the consequences thereof are tragic when considering what has happened.

Washington D.C., is backing Syrian rebels who are systematically executing (murdering) Christians in the streets, in their homes, and in their churches. They are killing priests and nuns, women and children, and all funded with American tax dollars. What have we heard from the mainstream news media in the United States on this issue? Silence

In many respects .....America: Arming tomorrows enemies today. U.S is politically involved for more reasons than trying to help out Syria since the nation has often been a key point of control/commerce in differing ways for decades....and destabilizing things opens up the door for a lot of trouble and access for the U.S in addressing other nations that it sees as enemies. Why the allies of the West seem to be aiding people brings up dynamics of having a war by proxy....for it can't be overlooked that the U.S is giving aid to the same rebels harming so many. It all seems to be too much of a coincindence---and much of it seeming like an international "shell game" where people hide how things are at times do "bait and switch"

It is true that there has been much social disorder of late ..but what many have not considered is that it is outsiders (i.e. criminal organizations from other countries ) that are doing much harm toward the Syrian people rather than natives of Syria themselves - seeing how many have noted the biggest beneficiaries of U.S intervention are groups from outside Syria who get to raise chaos (including those who kidnapped the two bishops for ransom ( #33/#13 ).

We really have to pray for them, and all our brothers suffering in Syria due to the ways
Ephesians 6:18
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Hebrews 13:3
3 Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated—since you yourselves are in the body also.
It's sad to witness in action, as many seem so focused on the weapons aspect/fighting that many forget about the innocents harmed in the process...especially as it concerns the Christians in Syria.

• Syria Militants Massacre Christian Village Population (Graphic Images),” from Syria Report,
As said there:
More details of a massacre in Homs late last month have emerged following the global outcry of a massacre in Deir el-Zour yesterday.The massacre, carried out by Free Syrian Army militants reportedly targeted men, women and children in the Christian village of al-Duwayr/Douar close to the city of Homs and the border with Lebanon. The incident received little media attention, having occurred at the same time as thousands of Syrian troops converged on the insurgent-occupied town of al-Qusayr.According to sources, around 350 heavily armed militants entered the village, broke into homes and assembled residents in the main square of the village where they were executed. The final death toll is not known but photos show severe damage to property in the village. Syrian army sources said that they reached the village after the massacre, resulting in clashes with militants.

996186_10200864269943005_1444627221_n.jpg

The events taking place in Syria have been things others warned of ages ago - and sadly, what is happening here is no different than what occurred with the believers in Iraq when they were damaged extensively by the U.S getting involved where it never had any business doing so - regardless of how much the U.S may claim that they got involved to "bring freedom"/democracy...

Specifically, when considering the plight of how the Christians of Iraq suffered immensely as a result of strength being used the WRONG WAY by the U.S in the name of "war against terror", so many have suffered as a result - having to flee when other groups came to power and being isolated. For all the Iraq Christians/the Assyrian Christians that were wiped out in the process (if aware of the Assyrian Church of the East - more here in #63 /#126 ), it's amazing how much in the way of Assyrian Christianity seems to be lost in our times - and sadly, not many in the West are aware of how much actions in the Western world have damaged the Assyrian one.
What happened in the Iraq War is sadly something which seems to be repeating itself in Syria - and all due to how the U.S seems clueless on all the sides which are making a difference.

As I have said before elsewhere, the Salafi Jihadists, who harmed Christians not getting involved in the revolts, are playing a HUGE role in Syria. Numerous videos show massive numbers of Salafi Jihadists executing war crime after war crime and taking to the streets ...and many radical Fundamentalist groups in Syria have been given free reign and have the potential to do A LOT OF damage if empowered. . To destabilize an already somewhat stable neutral friendly regime goes only so far if you don't consider "We replace it with a what?"...and when considering the ways that the Syrian rebels themselves are already harming innocent people, something needs to give.

The US trained and armed Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan and that is the modal in which we now judge arming Arabs in certain nations. Thus Syria having a large potential fundamentalist Islamic population (many with tendencies toward RADICAL Islam) needs to be seen as a BIG deal when it comes to giving any form of US heavy weapons or direct military involvement since it is essentially aiding people who have harmed others as well.

İpek Yezdani, writing in the Turkish Hürriyet Daily News concedes, that Syrian rebels are too fragmented and unruly to really do anything lasting in terms of true revolution. Her article is subtitled, "The opposition militants battling Syrian President Bashar al-Assad are a fragmented rabble that refuses to follow orders, according to activists." As she said:
There are more than 30 different rebel groups, including the most prominent rebel group, the “Free Syrian Army” (FSA), fighting in Syria, according to officials from the most prominent Syrian opposition group, the Syrian National Council (SNC).

The Jihadists, Islamists, pro-al-Qaida and secular groups that are not under the control of the FSA and which are fighting in different areas of Syria against the Syrian regime forces prove how fragmented and disorganized the Syrian rebel groups were in Syria.

She reports that an SNC member said mainly Chechens, Libyans and a few Afghans were fighting on the fronts in Syria. “Most of them fight in Syria to be martyrs,” ( here )..and to see the full range of groups involved:

The-Different-Islamic-Jihadist-Groups-That-Make-Up-The-Syria-Rebels.png

There's much at risk with Syria being something we get involved in - and many have noted high suspicions on the ways it may be the case the U.S is arming the wrong side intentionally (#8 /#13 , 37 , #410 and #415)​

...The video presentations/interviews by other Syrian Christians - including those who are refugees in other countries and those a part of the Orthodox Church taking care of them - who've noted the issue for what it is.. it is alarming to see that the fact that Syrian Christians are being harmed immensely. Syria’s Orthodox Christian Church reports “ongoing ethnic cleansing of Christians” by al-Qaeda-linked Islamist militant groups in the embattled Syrian city of Homs. Moreover, according to reports by Barnabas Aid, a relief agency assisting Syrian Christians, the forced Christian exodus from Homs has been ongoing since the beginning of February when armed Islamists murdered more than 200 Christians, “including entire families with young children.

This is not something new, sadly, as Islamist attacks against Syria’s Christian community, including kidnappings and murder, have occurred almost from the onset of the popular uprising against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad in March 2011. Specifically, the murders - which have killed over 100 Christians - include the hanging of a 28-year-old man, a 40 year-old father of two shot dead, two young men killed while waiting in line at a bakery, and a 37-year-old father with a pregnant wife, his body cut into pieces and thrown in a river.

Additionally, it is unfortunately the case that Syrian Islamist brigades have been getting assistance from outside terror organizations/mercenaries from Iraq and Libya, aid which Director of National Intelligence James Clapper acknowledged in February when he testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee that “al-Qaeda in Iraq is extending its reach into Syria. For those who are Syrian Christians, the times are very dire indeed...

For other places to review:

The work by Nuri Kino, award winning Swedish-Assyrian author and investigative journalist, is something that is well-documented in light of how he has met and interviewed nearly one hundred Christian Syrian refugees, giving a 40-page report on the repeated tales of systematic rape/kidnappings and many other things that many often think aren't happening in Syria to Christians...more found in Between The Barbed Wire . As Giuseppe Nazzaro, the Vicar Apostolic of Aleppo, said, “In this situation the Islamist and terrorist movements are making headway,” adding “These are bad times for religious minorities.” It is a conflict we should NOT be involved in...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What has occurred with The Armenian Genocide being denied - and no active pushing for allies of the U.S like Turkey to acknowledge that (as it's opportunistic)....it's sad to witness. It often seems like there's more in the realm of lip service with concern that doing what it takes to bring justice.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Before going further, I came across an interesting article by way of one of my sisters in Christ - and it was intriguing to consider, even though I don't believe for one second that the President is a Muslim nor do I believe that it requires the man being Muslim to do many of the actions he has done and have shared elsewhere on that (more here/here and here in #46, #90 and #202 ). I do see it where he has supported their causes as well as Christian ones selectively - and is very pragmatic/seemingly for Utilitarianism. The article itself I'm speaking of was a fascinating read, and it doesn't seemed unreasonable either when seeing the re-creation of the Ottoman Empire with U.S Intervention - particularly when seeing how the pattern seen in ‘Arab Spring’ interventions began in Balkans in 1990s....more shared at Kosovo | There Must be Justice:

Last edited:
Upvote 0